1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

rep points

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
Cuda, I remember you had manuals online at one time. How did they work or do they still?
Neal, they were very difficult to get working...kept crashing the computer. They all work now except they are on my hard drive, not DVD discs. That's probably why they crashed the computer. I have 4 virtual drives 1 for each manual. I still have all of them on DVD's as they were down loaded. It took about 3 days to DL all of them. Also, there are sections missing from a couple manuals too but that's supposedly "the way it is" according to the webmaster were they are DL'd from. I sent them to TJ a couple months ago, I don't think he got them working yet.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm. They would be nice to have but sound like a real pain. Could I ask you to just print them up and drop them in the mail for me...It shouldn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes, Right. Haha, Just kidding.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Whew! Man, I thought you were serious ther for a minute. Good one, 10 or 15 hours would be more like it!! There's a ton of info on them. I really like them on the hard drive though, I use the manuals in the shop alot.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Mark62
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cuda_jim
Whew! Man, I thought you were serious ther for a minute. Good one, 10 or 15 hours would be more like it!! There's a ton of info on them. I really like them on the hard drive though, I use the manuals in the shop alot.
Jim, can I borrow those shop manuals next, Then I will send them to Neal(or whoever is next )

Old 08-14-2007, 05:39 PM
skittlejr
Elder User
good point cookie, but u spend a week here and u know who's who. only thing i knew about rep points up till now was that they existed. i will be posting them now. lot of casual users probably dont know about them and that's why some deserving folks dont have their grean beans yet. like i said i plan on helping some of u guys get yours now

Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Mark62
Jim, can I borrow those shop manuals next, Then I will send them to Neal(or whoever is next )
PM sent, check your mail.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by skittlejr
good point cookie, but u spend a week here and u know who's who. only thing i knew about rep points up till now was that they existed. i will be posting them now. lot of casual users probably dont know about them and that's why some deserving folks dont have their grean beans yet. like i said i plan on helping some of u guys get yours now
I agree. There are a ton of you in this forum that deserve more green beans.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by cookie88
I agree. There are a ton of you in this forum that deserve more green beans.
Yep, couldn't agree more, I am making TJ Beggs my mission for another green bean, he's always helping others.

BTW: Another tidbit, you can give negative rep points too but I wouldn't do that unless you want some in return. Instead use the button (Upper right of post). This will alert the moderator of the forum. It's not meant to be used for disagreements of opinions, but for violations of FTE rules. You don't want to overload the moderator with frivolous arguments.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Good point Cuda.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
bkcowboss
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Cuda_jim
Yep, couldn't agree more, I am making TJ Beggs my mission for another green bean, he's always helping others.

BTW: Another tidbit, you can give negative rep points too but I wouldn't do that unless you want some in return. Instead use the button (Upper right of post). This will alert the moderator of the forum. It's not meant to be used for disagreements of opinions, but for violations of FTE rules. You don't want to overload the moderator with frivolous arguments.
Yeah I gave a neg rep point one time when I was brand new, completely by accident, I had no idea what I was doing (nothing has changed in that respect) and I have dial up I was clicking away and doing the 2 min pause and wait, then i clicked on the rep point thing and it popped upand in trying to close it i selected disagree then submit or whatever and then I sat there for 2 minutes trying to cancel or close, it was painful slow, like getting run over by a steam roller. comical now, but I don't know if it went through I didn't know about PM at that point either so I couldn't send an apology or explanation, and now can't remember who I did it to. oh well it is funny now.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
skittlejr
Elder User
i think i would be better without the option of leaving negative points. we have moderators to handle business. plus, u end up with guys posting negative because of a difference in opinion. i think negative would be for reserved for someone being rude,crude, profane, etc. which takes me back to my point of that's what we have moderators for to police that sorta stuff.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Here's a question for cookie88 or anyone else that knows. It seems there are t different colors of 'green beans'. It looks like you get 5 dark green ones and then they turn into a lighter green.
Like this:

I know the dark green ones are 100 points each, what's the light green ones worth?

Old 08-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
I have noticed that as well. Isn't there some guidance here on the site?

Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
If you hold your mouse pointer over the "green beans" you get differing messages about the person's rep points.

If a dark-green bean is worth 100 points, I'd guess a light-green bean is for points over 100 but less than 200.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:28 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the light green ones signify a second row. Once the dark row is filled and you continue to accrue rep points the second row starts over the first as the lighter shade.

As long as you avoid the red ones it's all good.

Quick Reply: rep points