Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Had to do it~

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Had to do it~

Well, to finish my education I now have to travel to school, 72 miles each way, four days a week! So, I took my little VW Rabbit out of moth ***** and am putting her back on the road! After all, she gets 50mpg, so I'm a fool not to! I love my Super Duty and will drive her agian as soon as the roads get bad. Just thought I should confess before you guys find out on your own...

Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahaha well you are honest I dunno my comment

Old 06-24-2007, 05:23 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At almost 600 miles a week you'd be crazy not to drive the VW. It will be big enough to carry your degree too

Old 06-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
You mean you're not gonna kick me out for it!?!?!? Whew! I was worried! Ha! Ha! JK! The outside of her is a bit rough... sitting around for ~at least 12 years~ will do that. But the inside is still cherry! AND it gives me something to do! Nice project... Excluding paint, it's cost less than $400.00 bucks ~ so far! Still need tires and CV joints.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Talking

Originally Posted by Snowbunny
You mean you're not gonna kick me out for it!?!?!? Whew! I was worried! Ha! Ha! JK! The outside of her is a bit rough... sitting around for ~at least 12 years~ will do that. But the inside is still cherry! AND it gives me something to do! Nice project... Excluding paint, it's cost less than $400.00 bucks ~ so far! Still need tires and CV joints.
Just put an F150 Custom on the grill, and you are 'Good To Go'...I beleive that Rebel has a 'Forge', so I guess a 'Fordswagen' is ok.....LMFAO

Old 06-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Placermike
Just put an F150 Custom on the grill, and you are 'Good To Go'...I beleive that Rebel has a 'Forge', so I guess a 'Fordswagen' is ok.....LMFAO
What a wonderful idea! I do have a couple F-250 emblems from Christine! OMG! That's great! When I get it done, I'll post pics!

Old 06-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up

What a wonderful idea! I do have a couple F-250 emblems from Christine! OMG! That's great! When I get it done, I'll post pics!
It wasn't the 'Christine' from the movie was it?...That was an evil car, and I think an Olds or Chevy.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
No... It's our old F-250. She had a broken tranny and one day she'd go and he next day she wouldn't. Heck, one day she caught fire! But if you just gave her some space, she always 'fixed' herself and would run fine for another few thousand miles! The name seemed fitting...

Old 06-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
OK ~ Replaced the glow plugs today. Boy what a pain! They're buried behind the injector pump and REALLY hard to get at. But I am determined and managed to get them in. Got class tomorrow, so the new water pump and hoses will have to wait for Thursday...

She's actually a pretty cool little car. Only stopped driving it because the kids didn't fit in the back any more. Heck, they both have cars of their own now, so back on the road she goes ~ after a FEW more renovations. Sitting for more than 10 years makes a lot of things not work so well... As you all are quite aware! I'm enjoying my little project

Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
OK ~ Replaced the glow plugs today. Boy what a pain! They're buried behind the injector pump and REALLY hard to get at. But I am determined and managed to get them in. Got class tomorrow, so the new water pump and hoses will have to wait for Thursday...

She's actually a pretty cool little car. Only stopped driving it because the kids didn't fit in the back any more. Heck, they both have cars of their own now, so back on the road she goes ~ after a FEW more renovations. Sitting for more than 10 years makes a lot of things not work so well... As you all are quite aware! I'm enjoying my little project
I have often wondered if part of the design process for newer vehicles, has to do with making things hard for the weekend mechanic...Without having some of the speciality tools, it becomes easier to pay their mechanics to do the job.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 PM
nubeee1
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bunny: I'm all smiles.............You gatta do what ya gatta do..!!!! Proud of your degree..! As far as the VW......shhhhhhhhhhhhh!...I wont tell!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
nighthawk285
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I have the emblems from Christine....all of them....and the license plates, you can get them off the white one......But we need to find a F150 emblem too, so that we can make it a F 1/2 50 that would be fitting

Old 06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Just put a chrome dot on the emblem- Make it an F.250.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:43 PM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Placermike
It wasn't the 'Christine' from the movie was it?...That was an evil car, and I think an Olds or Chevy.
Nope...the Christine from the movies was a 57 Plymouth Fury...I think the acutally used about 3-4 different ones to do the movie. Not 100% certain on the year ....but I know it was a Plymouth. One of my buddies was a Mopar guy for a while back when he owned a 57 Coronet 4dr hardtop.

Anyways....cant blame ya for switchin to the VW...drastic times after all lol.
-Chris

Old 06-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by nighthawk285
No, I have the emblems from Christine....all of them....and the license plates, you can get them off the white one......But we need to find a F150 emblem too, so that we can make it a F 1/2 50 that would be fitting
I do have a 'Custom' from the 1990 F150 Custom that I can send to ya'll.