6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Hesitation on takeoff help??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:21 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by phredE
Just returned from the dealership where I had a meeting with the service manager. The procedure will not require removing the cab. It will require removing the valve covers, and the most critical is that the fuel filter and lines will need R&R in which he said that extra care had to be taken to keep these parts clean.

He went on to say that parts were scarce due to being new this year. In my case he had the three needed to repair my truck. The problem is that he cannot get an answer from FMC on WHICH 3 to replace. So we wait!

I would also like to write a letter to someone at Ford about this concerning the way this has been handled and the perception of urgency, as my service manager cannot get answers to procede. Does anyone out there know where can I find the correct name or department that this could be directed to that may help this situation?

To all you that have been affected by this problem, it is important that you make sure you take your truck back to a knowledgeable dealership with a seasoned diesel mechanic that understands not only the fix but also the cause. And I might add, if the mechanic is good, there won't be any leaks, rounded off bolt heads, finger prints, or belt buckle scratches on the fenders. It certainly does not hurt to meet with the manager to discuss. If you since they are telling you b/s, there are usually other dealerships to go to.
Its injectors #1 #5 #7 as per update.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:23 PM
phredE
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks vloney.

They did call me later today and started disecting my virgin engine. Hope this is the last fix on this truck for the next few years.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 AM
spicetraders
New User
take it in now

Take it in now. I took mine (doing the same thing) in on tuesday they can not even release back to me it is on hold by the government. This is a recall that affect the environmental converter in exhaust and will damage it if left to long. That is what I was told. A recal is going out, I am waiting on parts.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:22 AM
spicetraders
New User
dam navistar

Another navistar screwup
something to do with injector polarity.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:07 AM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by spicetraders
Take it in now. I took mine (doing the same thing) in on tuesday they can not even release back to me it is on hold by the government. This is a recall that affect the environmental converter in exhaust and will damage it if left to long. That is what I was told. A recal is going out, I am waiting on parts.
It is not a government hold, it is a hold by FMC, read the SSI posted above. The damage has caused three injectors on the right side of the motor not to work, #1, 5, 7. These injectors were tested with reverse polarity by FMC at the factory and it ruined the injectors.

Originally Posted by spicetraders
Another navistar screwup something to do with injector polarity.
This is not an issue caused by IH it was caused by FMC.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:42 PM
chi6488
Senior User
I stopped by dealer today to get my shades that I left in truck. Didn't know they needed to keep it this long until this whole injector issue came up. Cab does not have to be pulled, I think dealer was stalling due to ford did not issue which injector needed to be replaced and told me cab had to be pulled. Hopefully I can get truck back next week sometime b/s parts are in. I was told also that when turbos go bad that is when the have to pull cab.

I did get some good info about how to remove bedliner if needed to install aftermarket dvd overhead player. There are no wires running in ceiling.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:29 PM
spicetraders
New User
yes fmc is holding but

FMC is the primary ones that put the hold on and they have very strong desire to fix the issue. But if they had not "voluntary" held then gov would have forced it due to safety.
And IH navistar made the engine and did not provide proper direction to FMC for test procedures, in the ISO9000 the trouble falls to the engine supplier for lack of proper procedures for testing. Blame ford if you like but navistars legal issues with ford going back to the 6.0 is real reason for continuing trouble. Ford is labeled as a bully for the suits but they are the one labeled for the problems. They should have put the Volvo engine in but contracts and suchheld that one off. FORD is doing a great job at stepping up and trying to fix the problem asap
I am glad i did not swith to Toyota as there problem they are only fixing those engine with broken crank shafts not the other 30000 that may break in future (at least until a class action is done)

Old 06-15-2007, 04:47 PM
chi6488
Senior User
I got my truck back monday the 11th. Truck runs great and I am very happy to see that ford is fixing the problem with all the vehicles rather than waiting for the customer to report the problem.

Now if I can get some better gas mileage. I know I did not buy the truck for fuel economy. I bought it to pull my 12k boat and trailer rig and also to put more motor and steel between me and the other driver.

My 06 diesel cc 250 did its job protecting my family a few weeks ago.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:36 PM
SuperDutyJ4500
Elder User
Im glad you got it back....now enjoy it like there is no tomorrow.