Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

*robin williams voice on* GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:59 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ya lucky you Rex! I'm stuck doing laundry and dishes!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexB
No prob, somebody has to work for a living, just not me as I take my retirement real serious out here in the woods. As looking at my gut will tell ya' lol.

I just passed by out your way crossing the Ashland bridge. That whole area in WA is beautiful, hell the whole state is beautiful 'cept for parts on the other side of the Cascades. Don't blame ya' for discouraging visitors, we've got remoted claymores at the driveway entrance.

You were the blockhole gang onboard? Then you know ya' love 7-days a week >12-hours a day. I wonder if they let the Gang stand that long of a duty anymore for safety reasons. There's too much that can go wrong from a tired body.

(Re: Our Kitty Hawk #1 engine room fire in '74.)
My dad did 23 1/2 Main Propulsion Diesel and you would have thought I'd have learned so did mine on Gas Turbines. My last cruise in the Gulf in 97 had a hard time with the kinder gentler NAVY (no females yet on the frigate then) and had to give the kids ther "Time Off" after 8 hours. I was ready when my time came.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear ya'....my last tour was CMC at skate shoreduty here; sandcrab chiefs (1 male, 1 female) who'd never been to sea a day in their lives were telling me I was from the dinosaur neanderthal age. I kind of liked that, considering the source. Funny how well I got along with the sea-going chiefs though.

I heard the same laments from retired chiefs at the C clubs in Pearl Harbor and NAS Whidbey...every generation I guess.

ps: and I wondered how the hell a guy could advance to CPO with no seatime.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Eric C.
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Rex I was the at the top of the politically incorrect and didn't play the game they wanted. I took the cpo test 92-97 and made the board from 92-97 but after seeing to many people get NAMs for things like baking cakes or getting a warefare pin and not be on see duty it wasn't going to happen. Didn't help 2 Board of corrections.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:35 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Eric C.
Well Rex I was the at the top of the politically incorrect and didn't play the game they wanted. I took the cpo test 92-97 and made the board from 92-97 but after seeing to many people get NAMs for things like baking cakes or getting a warefare pin and not be on see duty it wasn't going to happen. Didn't help 2 Board of corrections.
What kind of warfare pin did somebody get with no sea time? (Besides that stinking pin for the 99% shorebound old OTA rating acoustic systems techs, but you'd have never likely been stationed with them, few and far between.)

And I'll bid ya' a couple of CO's masts. Busted to E3 "failure to enforce ship's regulations (CV-63) in 1974 South China Sea while I was TEMDU ship's MAA force, for failure to require EN's and FN's to clean up before eating on the messdecks. Eight years later busted to 2nd class for fighting in NCO club. In '88 I officialy embarrassed a Pentagon office over an ineffective submarine system they were trying to force down our throats (and Sen. Barbara Boxer's pet project), they said "You'll never see Senior Chief". I made that and eight years later Master Chief too, cuz I am damn good. Just not PC. So none of y'all whine to me about being "not PC enough for them".

ps: Yea, some skippers handed out NAM's like confetti. What, you can't bake a cake?
-

G'Morning Y'All!! Rise 'n shine, first light is waking the birds up outside here on the left coast!

Last edited by RexB; 04-27-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:59 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Mornin Rex. Had Snow last night. Back to rain this morning.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:20 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Snow hahahaha, y'all are the luckiest people way up there in the great Northwest.

Might get a light rain here today, just right for burning

Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
I couldn't afford enough fuel oil to get anything ta burn around here yet HAAAA.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
I used waste oil a few years, but sometimes took me five gallons to get it going. Then discovered finally something better after watching the tree contractors: one of those propane torches now $25, fires the burnpile right up, even rainwet green wood.

It'll cook weenies too

Last edited by RexB; 04-27-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
LOL Turn Away from the fire to pee Rex and ya won't have that problem.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:20 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
=Ouch! That hurt!!

Welp, worked way too hard for a retarded guy today, I'm about ready to turn in so I can greet y'all with G'mornin' in a few hours.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Rex, you seem to like to post in these threads backwards............
My good morning tomorrow is going to be a call to Renton, and a trip there or to Sequim in the morning, and the other in the afternoon.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:03 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Lol, I've had enough candy-bar coffeee and vodkacran to make everything seem backwards for this abused brain...I don't envy you those trips tomorrow...we're homebodies that don't like to travel off-island.

Everything's paid for...we're too comfy or something...three more hours is G'morning! again.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:02 AM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Good night all. Im wasted from the week. Chat with you on the flip side
'

Old 04-28-2007, 12:52 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Hey guys This ain't the good night thread. Sorry Rex I thought the weenie joke was pretty funny.

Quick Reply: *robin williams voice on* GOOOOOOOOOOOOD