Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.7 ford for 2010?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
THE KING
THE KING is starting off with a positive reputation.
But what is causing the Flame? If you look at all the emissions crap its plastic. You cant tell me that two turbos spinning really fast dont make some heat? I know there High temp composite plastic but common! The motor is already a Heavy u know wut. What is a little bit of more metal going to hurt?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
jvoigt is starting off with a positive reputation.
What would it take to make our 7.3L's a competetor in the Diesel market today and what would stay the same?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Miller
Senior User
Miller is starting off with a positive reputation.
that is something that i do like about dodge is that upuntil this year, dodge has always had the same engine. they just change and upgrade things over the years to keep up with the times....ford had one good diesel for like ten years, then the 6.0 and consumers thought hey! this thing sucks!; so to save face ford comes out with the "all new" 6.4 (wolf in sheeps clothing) add twin turbos and common rail for advertising and TADA!! (hey whys the truck on fire?) lol....

Old 03-27-2007, 07:44 PM
THE KING
I think that Everything to the block, internals heads would be good the same. I also think that maby ford can change the injectors due to the #8 Failing. Maby test out a new injector system. I dont know if i would go with the 6.0 one. Also a new CPS. I think they can probably put the Emissions Filters on but get rid of the plastic, like i said there not making it any lighter anyways just making more problems in the long run. Maby also stick with the new cooling system they have for the 6.4 which doubles the Efficency. Then put the Compound twins on that baby and let it rip. Congrats the 7.3L is reborn! Now heres a question, What is different between the 6.4L Block and the 7.3L block other than the 6.4 is obviously smaller? Also where do they get that 650 Torque and 350 HP?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:47 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
Actually only the block is the same as the 6.0, the heads have been changed and beefed up to handle the extra power. And the twin turbos serve a purpose and from what I hear are pretty nice to have.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:47 PM
THE KING
Miller Exactly. Look at dodge for example. They did nothing but improve and now look at the 6.7L! That thing has to be a beast! All thats different between the 5.9 and 6.7 is the size of the bore and stroke!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 PM
THE KING
OK my bad, So the head makes the HP right? Make it fit on a 7.3L, as long as there cast iron.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:51 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
All that extra massive power is thanks to the much better Piezo common rail injectors...plus the higher pressure of the fuel. Now with all that new crap on the 7.3 block we would have our selfs a Beast of a motor...lol.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
THE KING
oOOOOOO yea now your talkin! We need a ford Rep on this site and tell him whats up!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Miller
Senior User
id like to see an inline eight 7.3 with common rail, twin turbos, customer programmable fule, and shift points, im thinking.......dummy exhaust for smog testing..... forget this DPF stuff... otional 8 speed manual with split rearend

not to change the subject but why is the dpf not a changeable filter that one would change when they change the oil? i think if that was invented life would be much eaiser....

Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
Care to estimate the power....lol It would have some massive torque for sure haha.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
Considering the temps that the DPF encounters and the type of metal its made out of that would be one expensive Oil change item......Ughh!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Miller
Senior User
i would think that just going from a V to an inline would almost double the torque..i have an old 300 inline that i can just dump the clutch on and it wont die...i have another truck with a 390 that wont do that...

Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
THE KING
lol, Maby ford should maket there own basic design of a cummings? Throw on a valve cover that says Ford and call her good. Only twin turbos! cant forget that!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
THE KING
Ok i figured it out! Its gonna be a straight 6. Nothing to do with dodge! The bore of the piston is a 4.5 inch, and the stroke is a massive 5 inch stroke. That brings it out to a 7.8L or a 477 CID. Throw on the Pizo or wutever they are injectors, (common Rail). Then put Twin Garrett Turbos on it. Im not to sure about emissions guys lol. I cut cats off and throw flowmasters on, Or straight pipes so you on your own for that one!

Last edited by THE KING; 03-27-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Off To on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.7 ford for 2010?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: