Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.7 ford for 2010?

 
  #46  
Old 03-27-2007, 08:24 PM
REDFORDFX4's Avatar
REDFORDFX4
REDFORDFX4 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 269
REDFORDFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TimHolt
Its KNEW, not new.

Thats a cop out and you KNOW it (not no). If its not acceptable now and forces a recall, then it wouldnt be acceptable then either. IF they KNEW about it, then they got caught pushing a vehicle on the market with obvious safety hazards. Knowing about it and NOT bringing it on the market untill it was resolved would have been a lesser of a black eye than what they now have because of it. That alone is a bad mark against Ford and is yet ANOTHER reason that a lot of your LONG time board members are upset about it,,,,,,,,,,, Mr "positive"!

THEN I GUESS THEY ARE NOT TRUE BLUE OVAL JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!
 
  #47  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:02 PM
DOHCmarauder's Avatar
DOHCmarauder
DOHCmarauder is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,074
DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Miller
i would think that just going from a V to an inline would almost double the torque..i have an old 300 inline that i can just dump the clutch on and it wont die...i have another truck with a 390 that wont do that...

LMAO!!!.................Where do people come up with this stuff???

A motor could care less how their cylinders are arranged when it comes to power curve.
 
  #48  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
jvoigt's Avatar
jvoigt
jvoigt is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, MT
Posts: 1,119
jvoigt is starting off with a positive reputation.
How does a motor "care" it doesnt have a brain...its like the tin man LMAO!!!
 
  #49  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
origcharger
origcharger is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,096
origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder


And for all the 7.3 PSD leghumpers,
 
  #50  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Miller
Miller is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: stillwater, oklahoma
Posts: 224
Miller is starting off with a positive reputation.
its a fact that an inline makes more torque than a V....ever look at a semi truck and see a v8? ummmm no...
 
  #51  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
jvoigt's Avatar
jvoigt
jvoigt is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, MT
Posts: 1,119
jvoigt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
This recall should have NEVER happened.


And for all the 7.3 PSD leghumpers, that intro was less than stellar and Ford has stated the last year of the 6.0 had less warranty claims than last year(s) of the 7.3 PSD.
If it was a perfect world there would be no recalls, and this world is far from perfect.

And BTW DOHC, all I see is BS....show the Facts..not just what you claim to know. Its all hearsay unless you can garnish the cold hard facts from a more reliable source than your self.

Also lay off the crack or what ever is causing your "smack talking" rampage.
 
  #52  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
mattebury
mattebury is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 349
mattebury is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by kw5413
0.00035 %...actually.
Sorry kw5413 but 3 divided by 8,500 = 0.00035. To get to percent, you need to multiply by 100 which equals 0.035%

The only thing you could bust TimHolt on is that in his rounding to two decimal points, it should be 0.04%, not 0.03%.
 
  #53  
Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 PM
tn mac
tn mac is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,052
tn mac is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
I think it would be great if ford would offer there customers a choice CUMMINS or powerstroke like the big trucks do then they could see which seels the best, I would be at the dealer ordering a new truck if they would go cummins, they have the best body they need the engine and they would be back on top.
 
  #54  
Old 03-27-2007, 10:03 PM
origcharger
origcharger is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,096
origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
This recall should have NEVER happened.


And for all the 7.3 PSD leghumpers, that intro was less than stellar and Ford has stated the last year of the 6.0 had less warranty claims than last year(s) of the 7.3 PSD.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>




"And BTW DOHC, all I see is BS....show the Facts..not just what you claim to know. Its all hearsay unless you can garnish the cold hard facts from a more reliable source than your self. "

At the risk of being Mr. Obvious, since the last year of the 6.0 was 2007 and most of those engines have either less than 20,000 miles on them or are in trucks and vans that have not even been sold yet, there is virtually no way there wouldn't be less warranty claims for 2007 6.0s than there were for 7.3s that have been on the road for five years.
 
  #55  
Old 03-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Powerdude
Powerdude is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 537
Powerdude is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by biz4two
Do you have a copy of FourWheeler May 2007 edition, page 16?

If not, then you might go out and buy one...so you can see for yourself. According to the mag... the 4.4L is a V6.


biz
FourWheeler is smoking some good stuff. The 4.4 liter CGI is based on the 3.6 liter diesel from Europe for the Land Rover, which is also a V8.

Do some basic googling, and ignore crappy magazines that are only interested in selling advertisements.
 
  #56  
Old 03-28-2007, 01:28 AM
DOHCmarauder's Avatar
DOHCmarauder
DOHCmarauder is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,074
DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Miller
its a fact that an inline makes more torque than a V....ever look at a semi truck and see a v8? ummmm no...

Wow.....you really don't know; do you????


I-6's in OTR tractors MAIN advantage is serviceability......the fact that in frame overhauls are much easier to do with only 1 head and less pistons/sleeves/rods etc....


The CTD 6.7 I-6 most certainly DOES NOT have "twice the torque" of not only the smaller V8 Duramax but the even smaller PSD.

Powerband/torque is predicated on stroke/rod ratio/cam timing/induction etc.............again, how the cylinders are arranged has very little if nothing to do with it.


The very oversquare I-6 gassers from BMW and Toyota were high revving, high horsepower screamers.....the exact opposite of a torque monster.
 

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 03-28-2007 at 01:37 AM.
  #57  
Old 03-28-2007, 01:33 AM
DOHCmarauder's Avatar
DOHCmarauder
DOHCmarauder is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,074
DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.DOHCmarauder has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by origcharger
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
This recall should have NEVER happened.


And for all the 7.3 PSD leghumpers, that intro was less than stellar and Ford has stated the last year of the 6.0 had less warranty claims than last year(s) of the 7.3 PSD.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>




"And BTW DOHC, all I see is BS....show the Facts..not just what you claim to know. Its all hearsay unless you can garnish the cold hard facts from a more reliable source than your self. "

At the risk of being Mr. Obvious, since the last year of the 6.0 was 2007 and most of those engines have either less than 20,000 miles on them or are in trucks and vans that have not even been sold yet, there is virtually no way there wouldn't be less warranty claims for 2007 6.0s than there were for 7.3s that have been on the road for five years.

You sir, are 100% correct. I loathe people who spout "facts" without backing them up.


Please give me some time to find the quote.....to paraphrase, it was a Ford exec. defending the 6.0 after the nearly 1/2 billion dollars in warranty claims.

He went on to say how the last few years of '06 claims were less than the last 7.3's.

I will try to find it.
 
  #58  
Old 03-28-2007, 07:55 AM
origcharger
origcharger is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,096
origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
Wow.....you really don't know; do you????


I-6's in OTR tractors MAIN advantage is serviceability......the fact that in frame overhauls are much easier to do with only 1 head and less pistons/sleeves/rods etc....


The CTD 6.7 I-6 most certainly DOES NOT have "twice the torque" of not only the smaller V8 Duramax but the even smaller PSD.

Powerband/torque is predicated on stroke/rod ratio/cam timing/induction etc.............again, how the cylinders are arranged has very little if nothing to do with it.


The very oversquare I-6 gassers from BMW and Toyota were high revving, high horsepower screamers.....the exact opposite of a torque monster.
And I would add that a V8 engine is nothing more than 2 inline 4 cylinder engines sharing a common crankcase.
 
  #59  
Old 03-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Mark Oomkes
Mark Oomkes is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 347
Mark Oomkes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Back to the topic, for you guys that think Ford building an in-house engine and preventing all the problems that the 6.0 had, have you looked at what a stock VT365 makes for torque? It's like 625 ft\lbs, more than the stock 6.0 at lower HP. But in the never ending HP war--which truck owners that use their trucks for real work could give a crap less about--Ford demanded\required Navistar to change the 6.0 or allow Ford to change it to get more HP, revving it higher than a VT365, just about at it's limits if what I read is true. More HP and lower torque and more problems than what Navistar is having. Anybody see a common denominator? Anybody else think that if Ford would have left well enough alone, that the 6.0 wouldn't have been the disaster it is?

The blame lies with both Ford and Navistar. Ford for demanding too much from the 6.0 and Navistar agreeing to allow all the changes.

Can't say I have much faith in Ford since they couldn't design a snap ring worth a crap. I fully realize that that has been the main issue with them and other than that they have been decent, but come on, how much could that snap ring cost? A buck, 10 bucks? And it wiped out the entier transmission on how many thousands of trucks? Stupid beancounters.

Give me a proven inline diesel--better torque curve, don't care about HP when towing or hauling or moving snow.

Why has Dodge had the same engine up until now and Ford had 3 in the past 7 years?

And if you take a look at the Detroit Lions, you will see why Ford is in such crappy shape right now, Bill Ford can't do any better job running a football team than he can a car company.
 
  #60  
Old 03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
origcharger
origcharger is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,096
origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
"Why has Dodge had the same engine up until now and Ford had 3 in the past 7 years?"


Well even though they have refered to it as the B-Series Cummins it has had 2 differant displacements, 3 differant injection systems and at least 2 differant heads and the now the 6.7 liter Cummins as installed in Dodge trucks is a special for Dodge only design with the geartrain in front.
Describing it as the "same engine up until now" seems to be a bit of a stretch, by qualifying it as "up until now" it would be more accurate to say Ford has had 2 engines in the previous 7 years, up "until now".
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.7 ford for 2010?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: