Sponsored by: DP Tuner

One more time...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:10 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Thumbs up One more time...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and again, and again... like so many others...

This is an awesome site with lots of awesome folks!!

To the point.... I hate to admit it, but I own a Chevy Suburban. It has a few problems. I finally got up the nerve to go to a Chevy forum site to see if I could find the kind of support there that I've seen here, and guess what... It AIN'T THERE!!!

I see threads on the first page where it's been weeks, sometimes month's since the last response! I've posted four different questions in two different subforums in there, and not a single reply... even from a moderator!!

The way it stands right now, I can't even imagine considering another Chevy!!

Thanks for being here, folks!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Bierl
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"This is an awesome site with lots of awesome folks!!"

I've got a Chevy K1500 sitting in the driveway next to my F-350 and I'll second that!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:56 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha this site is great, i sounds so repetitive to say it, but when i get bored, i don't really go anywhere else to post. I try going to "the other site" and i don't see why people twice, three times my age act like little kids fighting.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Come on now Pete you cant use language like that, this is a family forum. Even thinking about that "C" word is bad enuff.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:01 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru

Here you guys go! EXTRA BIG lol

Old 03-15-2007, 06:10 PM
KrenzyRyan
Elder User
Yeah I have to agree with you. I found this site before I bought my 7.3. I planned on finding a good forum for it before hand so I could start learning about everything I need to know...

This forum was definitely something I was looking forward to once I got my truck.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
I'll drink to that...

The knowledge here is incredible & invaluable. That's why I ponied up for a 3 year sub. Best investment in my truck yet...

Joe

Old 03-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by F250-Newbie
///SNIP///I hate to admit it, but I own a Chevy Suburban. It has a few problems.
What kind of problems? Has it eaten any gaskets yet?? My wife's '00 Astro started bleeding DexCool from the engine when I dumped it. It only had ~65k on it!! I have a co-worker that just ponied up for another engine because the original was so eaten up inside, there was no choice. Fortunately, he found a deal on a rear-ended vehicle with ~20k on it for peanuts...

Joe

Old 03-15-2007, 06:50 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
That Dexcool stuff really sucks!

Old 03-15-2007, 06:54 PM
mybigredford
Elder User
i find myself sitting at the computer waiting for the next topic to read and responses, even though i got lots of things i should be doing, but i would rather be here, i love this site, so much info, wish i could give you guys back info on problems but i am mostley learning on here, but if it were a constuction question then i could help you out, but anyways going off topic.

cheers and a thousand beers for FTE !!!

Old 03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
That Dexcool stuff really sucks!
Yeah, it does. The only reason I found out about it was when the Astro got to be 5 years old and time to change it. When I Googled DexCool, I almost S*#t my pants. A year later the leaks started. We dumped it 6 months ago.

I now tell everyone I know about that crap. If you've got it, dump it before it's too late...

Joe

Old 03-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It really is a cool site with great people and the BEST discussion forum that I belong to.

I moderate a discussion forum for a friend of mine that is a musician (Cory Morrow) and I tell ya, they act like children over there. It's refreshing to come here and not have a bunch of whining and drama.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 PM
mybigredford
Elder User
hey izzy- the wife has a 2000 pontiac grand am, and it has the dex cool, and havent had any leaks, what kind of problems are you finding with it? the car has 60K on it now, and why is it crap? arent all the GM vehicles come with that stuff now? just curious

Old 03-16-2007, 12:10 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by amiller93
Come on now Pete you cant use language like that, this is a family forum. Even thinking about that "C" word is bad enuff.
Forgive me guys... I really didn't want to fess up on the "C" word, but I couldn't resist sharing the comparison that I observed earlier today. Now, some 8 hours later, I still haven't had bu 3 responses to my 4 questions, and one of the questions has been completely ignored ... in that OTHER forum.

IGNORANCE... INEXPERIENCE... MOMENTARY STUPIDITY.... DESPERATION.... regardless of what we call that decision, at the time when I bought the Suburban, it was either that or a 12 passenger van. Ford had not yet come out with the Excursion, and I was already sick from my miniivan experience and couldn't repeat that excercise. Besides, within 2yrs of getting the burb, we had all 8 seats filled up.

Just let me get into a financial position to afford another set of payments, and that little beastie (the burb) will be gone and I'll have my wife tootling around town in a nice diesel powered Excursion!

IZZY: the problems range from some sort of mysterious front brake caliper eating habit all the way to stripped mirror gears and sporadic door lock solenoids, and the stupid thing drives too much like a car for my taaste... especially after having now been driving a REAL truck since last September.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Izzy351
I'll drink to that...

The knowledge here is incredible & invaluable. That's why I ponied up for a 3 year sub. Best investment in my truck yet...

Joe
Well, apparantly I just ponied up for a 3 year subscription too. That was not my intention but WTH, I guess I have a T-shirt on the way. After what I went through (don't ask) I'm just glad it's sorted out. Besides, I'll have my truck much longer than that unless I hit the lotto. Then I'll have a 6.4 with everything that can be put on it.

Quick Reply: One more time...