Sponsored by: DP Tuner

WooHoo!! FTE Sponsor!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:37 PM
FN74
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WooHoo!! FTE Sponsor!!

Wow, this is awesome. We are finally an FTE sponsor . I have been coming here for years, every sense I bought my first bronco, a 92EB, back in 2000. Such an awesome resource. Then we got our 96 bronco, and then the Late 99 Super Duty7.3 . Since then I started dabbling with WVO stuff, started my own business Dino Fuel Alternatives(DFA), formerly Vegistroke, gained a partner and now this. And getting back to my not so green knuckle draggin roots just recently developed some new fuel system products for our beloved 7.3's that I have talked with a few of you about. I look forward to continuing to share what little I know, and learn more on the way. Please do send my any ideas, suggestions or comments on products you guys think we need that don't exist yet. Thanks to all at FTE!!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:43 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool, glad to see it. I was thinking of becoming a sponsor just for the heck of it, i dont have a business related to anything on FTE, yet. Mind saying what the terms of sponsorship were?

Old 02-27-2007, 04:47 PM
FN74
Elder User
You know I honestly don't know. I let my partner handle that area. I think it was pretty reasonable. What we did was sponsor a couple threads, the Alternative Fuel Threads of course.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:24 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Minimum level is $75/month. Goes up from there.

You're still not showing up in the Sponsor List, though, Jason? Have they not updated the list, or do you have to be at one of the "higher" levels of sponsorship before they list you?

Old 02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
FN74
Elder User
Minimum level is $75/month. Goes up from there.

You're still not showing up in the Sponsor List, though, Jason? Have they not updated the list, or do you have to be at one of the "higher" levels of sponsorship before they list you?
Good question. I was under the impression that we would be listed in the list. Maybe it is not done yet?? This just happened, so may not be updated yet. And it sounds like we are paying $150/month per thread, for two threads. But that is ok, I am just happy to not have to walk on eggshells anymore when posting stuff. By no means do I plan to make this a 24/7 ram it down your throat advertising fest though.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM
bigtorque
Elder User
hey DFA. (FN74)
checking out you site, you have a product listed, cackle cure kit.
id like hearing your thoughts on this kit. versus reg. return.
reason being, the price is right.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome FN74 is the Cackle Cure ready for sale already?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
FN74
Elder User
hey DFA. (FN74)
checking out you site, you have a product listed, cackle cure kit.
id like hearing your thoughts on this kit. versus reg. return.
reason being, the price is right.
Well, without getting into too many details, when you install the regulated return, you are doing two things.
1. Balancing the pressure on the fuel rails by connecting them at the regulator
2. Allowing trapped air to escape back to the tank.

But this comes at a cost,(no pun intended), expensive, quite a bit of replumbing of the fuel system, and reduced filter life because now ALL your fuel goes through the filter, instead of just the stuff actually used by the motor. By crossconnecting the opposite fuel ports, and then providing a .024 orifice feed back into the return line, the same effect is accomplished. Balances fuel pressures in the fuel rails, #8 now can pull fuel from 2 directions not just whats leftover from 6, and the small orifice to the return allows any trapped air a place to go, while allowing a very minute amount of fuel to pass. So by doing this the number of parts is severly reduced, as is cost, filter life affect is negligable, and you still get all the same benefits as a regulated return. However, it is not technically for sale yet pending feedback from a trial group. Until now, that was the only way I had to advertise it, so it was on the website. But I found a few guinea pigs on here, so hopefully in a few weeks we will have some results!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:52 PM
FN74
Elder User
Originally Posted by amiller93
Welcome FN74 is the Cackle Cure ready for sale already?
Nope, not yet. I am going to change that now that I actually have a place I can advertise a bit.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

Assuming your trial group comes back positively on the current items, I hope you're ready for some fast production runs. There's gonna be some demand for that kit, and I'll tell you right now, I'm in!!

Old 02-27-2007, 09:03 PM
bigtorque
Elder User
i want one, keep us posted please.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Squeak, squeak...

... the sound that guinea pigs make, I think.

My "trial" kit should be shipping out to me today, and I'll be installing on the frist weekend after it's arrival (assuming no major family emergencies). I've already spoken with Jason about this, and I'll be happy to post my experiences once the system is in.

BTW... I'm getting the HPX hose from him at the same time, but will only install the Cackle-Killer Kit first to see it's benefits alone before compounding the experiment with two changes at once.

On this issue, I'd like to get some input from you guys on the kinds of things to look for. Here are my current thoughts:

1) I currently do not have a local pressure gauge on my fuel system under the hood, but am willing to put one in before making any changes so I can see any potential changes. Do y'all think it's worth doing that first?

2) Also, I want to get some sound clips around the engine and from the cab at idle, and then again from the cab under several conditions (low speed, typical acceleration from low and highway speeds, and stomping it from low and highway speeds). I would love to get some true decibel readings, but don't have a meter for that measurement.

3) What I can do, though, I think, is provide a graphical display of the sound recordings as well - I know I can graph them if I can get the recordings into my computer.

What else can you guys come up with for me to try to evaluate?

Old 03-02-2007, 08:07 AM
F250_
Hotshot
??????

No one has any thoughts on my question in the previous post? Come on guys... I know that y'all know a lot more than I do, and I'd like to make this evaluation of this trial something we can all potentially benefit from.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
bigtorque
Elder User
i dont newbie,
i would just like to know how easy the install was, how much quieter it was, and if there were any noticable performance gains, since all the fuel is getting to all 8 cylinders.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:57 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Originally Posted by bigtorque
i dont newbie,
i would just like to know how easy the install was, how much quieter it was, and if there were any noticable performance gains, since all the fuel is getting to all 8 cylinders.
When you mention "performance gains", how would you measure that? Acceleration time on fixed distances and/or to certain speeds?

Quick Reply: WooHoo!! FTE Sponsor!!