Trade In question: - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Trade In question:

Old 11-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Posting Guru

duramaximizer is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
they won't let me post anything with content in it. LOL
Old 11-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Senior User

moldman7n is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaximizer
Yeah, we noticed................
Old 11-11-2006, 06:00 PM
FTE Addict

diesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to behold
hehehehehe.... but I don't think it's them, I think it's him that has the content problem.

He obviously is in denial and/or can't read since he boiled down long lists of features that make the Ford so much more than a Dmax can even dream of, into a couple of things...

I guess we should give the poor guy a break -- he did just tell us he rolled his ATV, probably still has a concussion. Plus he has to drive a Dmax, that alone makes me feel sorry for him...

Last edited by diesel_dan; 11-11-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Senior User

Quote:
oh ya onstar bothers me tons, they are always watching me. LOL not. the government monitors all of your phone conversations, and you are worried about onstar and a non government organiszation esp when they have camera as most big city traffic lights.

So basically you have a truck that sets taller, has a 2 tone paint, and is "better looking".

I'll take resale value, hp, a 200k mile injector warranty, a 100k warranty on drive train, the ability to modify the motor to reliable insane hp levels, comfort, "lowrider", "ugly styled" and the peace of mind in a GM. I gladly accept the GMs advantages with it's disadvantages. The question is can you?

BTW the new ford has dual climate control.....something GM has had for a few years now.

Also moldman7 is that you on the other place? LoL
On star is capable of reflashing your truck. It happened to a former owner/member here and he was pissed. Onstar is a friken joke. It's for 80 year olds with early symptoms of Alzheimers.

The 6.0 can be modified to high hp levels. It does cost a few more bucks to do it right.

My brother just bought a new 2006 F250. It made no sense to buy a used one he said because they are close in price to new ones. The low value stories are just that...stories. Go find a mint used Superduty and let us know just how cheap it is. The ones he saw were 30-35k Not so cheap.

And yes, we have you and they have ME.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Elder User

killaford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
the only content i ever seen you post was how much bettter the chevy is and how its flaws are not really flawz.

wake up and smell the coffee kid. the 6 speed 5 speed thingy is not gonna make or break the truck. its just a # !
Old 11-12-2006, 12:07 AM
FTE Addict

diesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to beholddiesel_dan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by moldman7n
And yes, we have you and they have ME.
uhm, make that "us", that they have...
Old 11-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Senior User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
uhm, make that "us", that they have...

Old 11-12-2006, 05:13 AM
Junior User

captkirk9195 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just to chime in,

As some of the people in the SD forums have read, I've been shopping (now about to purchase a new 2007 SD F250 4x4 XLT Diesel).

Looking to as old as 2003, they were still going for 30-32K locally, versus me buying a new one for 38.5K (before negotiation).

Kinda of a no-brainer for me, as I plan to keep it 5-10 yrs, and only put 4-6K/yr on a truck, **ALL** towing.

I will say I looked at the Dodge new today, and didn't like the fit/finish/feel of it, and didn't have to start the truck to know it. Also I hated the ""hemi"" front end (being it was a diesel, calling it a hemi front end is a bit of a misnomer)

I drove by the chevy lot and looked at a vehicle or two, and just wasn't impressed with them. They wanted 10K more for the same truck from Ford (and with less features than ford). Wasn't even worth talking to the sales guy.

Jason
Old 11-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Posting Guru

well I'll try the same post today.

100k mile motor drivetrain warranty, 200k on injectors, and comfort. vs a taller ride height, 2 tone paint, and "the ford look"

I will gladly take the easy and reliable insane HP of the duramax over a taller more pretty truck, but to each his own.

YOU " DROVE BY" LOL ............ That qualifies as an attempt.....maybe you ought to drive the chevy and the dodge so you can truely know where your new ford will stand in comparison. Are you scared you will have to walk because it broke down on you???????

BTW moldman....keep up the good work, and you can verify the hp numbers feel free to post them.

Tranny gears are like ground clearance numbers they only matter if they are on a ford. LOL
Old 11-12-2006, 02:15 PM
FTE Addict

I guess when you don't have:
Looks
Ride Height
A tow/haul that works
Load Capacity
Integrated brake controller
And a long list of other things you don't have...

Then you are left to only talk up what you do have:
A "race" truck that's worthless for much else
And Blondstar (something I'm guessing you do need)

See ya' on the other side...

Last edited by diesel_dan; 11-12-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Senior User

Quote:
well I'll try the same post today.

100k mile motor drivetrain warranty, 200k on injectors, and comfort. vs a taller ride height, 2 tone paint, and "the ford look"

I will gladly take the easy and reliable insane HP of the duramax over a taller more pretty truck, but to each his own.

YOU " DROVE BY" LOL ............ That qualifies as an attempt.....maybe you ought to drive the chevy and the dodge so you can truely know where your new ford will stand in comparison. Are you scared you will have to walk because it broke down on you???????

BTW moldman....keep up the good work, and you can verify the hp numbers feel free to post them.

Tranny gears are like ground clearance numbers they only matter if they are on a ford. LOL
I posted three times yesterday trying to answer your question and one out of three showed up! I'm not quit sure why, nothing obnoxious in any of them. I guess because they would sound stupid, answering the same question three times! By the way, I think you perform a valuable service here. A little debate and discussion is a good thing.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Posting Guru

I tried posting 5+ times, with copy and paste.

BTW none of the brake controller things were available in 02, and I don't think you can get it without 4.30 gears. Who wants that all the time?

I have a race truck, and a truck that will out pull most other trucks on the hills. It is pure reliable hp. We just had a guy on the dino that held over 2000 degree EGT's for 40 seconds on a dino, with no problems, try that with a powerstroke.

This is pure recreation while I am icing a knee.

BTW, I think the GM is going to get an Integrated Brake Controller for 2007.

Last edited by duramaximizer; 11-12-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Senior User

Quote:
BTW none of the brake controller things were available in 02, and I don't think you can get it without 4.30 gears. Who wants that all the time?
Not me. I have 3.73 I also have the built in factory brake controller. My truck is a 2006.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Posting Guru

Cool, I thought it only came with the tow boss package with 4.30 gears.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Elder User

sweet03cobra is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow, this is getting good. I think I will just keep my truck after everything I have heard on here. Thanks yal