General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Abandoned Puppies

Old 04-23-2006, 02:45 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Abandoned Puppies

I hope I don't get too irate here, I have a wonderful little girl....

She is a Labrador that was abandoned down by the river, I guess because she had the wrong litter - I don't know.

I have word to put out to all of you buttholes that fail to take care of what you have!

She is MINE, and is very alert. She knows who is wrong and who is right. I will teach her SEAL trail sign as we go along - and on the day the people who abandoned her by the river set foot on my land: I will know it.

I CURSE those who left her and her pups on their own.

Don't ever set foot on my land, or ever expect to.

You will not only not be welcome, you will be known at once.

I hear my dogs.
I will also back them up with whatever means is available.

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-23-2006 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:12 AM
79modified
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was a kid me and my parents lived in the country and every animal we had (dogs and cats) where dropped off along the road. We always took them in and all of them were great pets. My parents still live out there and a few times a year a new animal showes up they dont keep them anymore but they always find them good homes.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 AM
rednekrailroader
Senior User
My parents live out in the country and I don't think my momma has ever turned away an animal.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:56 AM
j&bsuv
Senior User
Greywolf you go boy !! you did good i would be pissed too I dont know how people can do that it ... I rescued a scottie dachaund mix and these people had him chained in a mud hole I swear it was all I could do to slap those people. lol I'm trying to be nice. I better stop here .

Jeff

Old 04-23-2006, 09:01 AM
j&bsuv
Senior User
not to slap thos people I left out not ...

Old 04-23-2006, 10:32 AM
JD717
Elder User
I generally dont take in abandoned animals, but I do try to find em homes. If I had a bigger home, and more money to spend on taking care of animals, I would take em in.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:36 AM
j&bsuv
Senior User
oh I hear ya !! I love animals . all of them ! and If I cold I too would adopt them all!

Old 04-23-2006, 11:36 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had some show up when I was a kid, and they just became part of the group. Recently, had one show up, he's blind in one eye, and seems a nice enough dog, except he is trying to be dominant, may have to do an attitude adjustment if he stays, but at this point, I would rather find him a better home.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:15 PM
04ASGreen
Junior User
Greywolf, I agree. There is no one lower than a person that abuses or neglects dogs. At the clinic where my wife works, they have a 1/2 price spay and neuter day. People often get pets and don't accept the responsibility that goes along with them. All five of my rescued dogs are a part of my family. Even those two ornery cats here are treated better than me.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Country Sweetie
Elder User
i hate it when people dump dogs..my aunt has taken in a dog dumped at their house
and ive taken in 3 dogs before and ended up with 7 puppies...
sad to say though the mother got dumped long side of road...and the father and other got left at old house..and pups taken to a pound....i think their are times it has to be done...just they can go about it a better way....like makin sure they got a home and not just dumpin them just anywhere like what happened with my dogs...

Old 04-23-2006, 06:18 PM
lcampbell
Elder User
Well, okay then.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:17 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
we had an issue not long ago where a 70something y/o lady & her freakshow son had poisoned their german shepards that were in a pen. the poison didn't kill 'em so the son came back and set the poor guys on fire. they claimed they couldn't afford to feed 'em. i went to the arraignment and asked the son how much he paid for the gas to burn 'em up. he told the DA $13.00 for the gas. i said thats alot of dog food. they are in jail w/ no bail.
i beg prison time

Old 04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Grey- If you have a pup left, box it up and send it this way. I'll give it a good home.
I have had several rescued dogs, and had one adopt me once. I tell ya what, there isn't much better than having a dog adopt you. That thing will love you to no end, and will be grateful for everything you give it.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
My biggest worry is that if she is out in the yard when I have to go somewhere she might feel like she was abandoned again. So I took it slow....

One step at a time. She's on a wire run with eight feet of chain leash so she has lot of room to run and play. It doesn't get tangled much that way either.

I'm slowly getting her used to being "HOME".

I can come in and ask her (in my quiet Steven Segal - like voice) "Where is your bone? What did you do with it? Go find your bone...."

And she goes around and gets the big rawhide bone I gave her. She isn't untrainable. Before long I will be teaching her hand sign (silent signal).

She already knows what "SIT" is in unspoken sign.

My biggest problem is learning how to tell what SHE is telling ME in her own way.....

I have to learn that so that there is two - way comm.

I know when she is hungry - because she licks her muzzle. That says "Got food?" But she also dumps over bowls of dry dog food - and that says "Spoiled, and knows it".

She won't be spoiled long - she'll eat that chow on the dirt she dumped it on.

If I can eat canned chili, she can eat dry puppy chow. Hell, she has a better diet than I do...

One hopes she doesn't mind a bit of grass and weeds in her 'Vichy Soisse'...

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-23-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Country Sweetie
Elder User
funny how quickly they get spoiled
i once watched a truckers dog for 2 weeks, they all said that he just couldnt be trained..within one day i had the dog sitin, stayin, comin back and jumpin through hoops...his motive food, then affection, if he did wrong i ignored him....
just got to find what the dog want and is thinking *wishes i could of kept that dog* he was half black lab...

Last edited by Country Sweetie; 04-23-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Abandoned Puppies