The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Boots

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 07:09 PM
JD717
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Army issue jump boots issued in 1973, a pair of boots issued in 1997, and thats it. comfortable for me, and reliable as can be.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:17 PM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wear nothing but Danner boots they are about the same price as Red wings but they hold up a lot better and they break in well and have good arch supports. If you are looking for a good quality boot try them out.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Octane
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Wings.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:23 AM
spidk43
Senior User
I had a pair of rockport suede boots, wore em til they wouldn't fit anymore. didn't have any problems with em, and they still looked decent enough to wear with khakis for "dress up" occasions. Then I switched over to loafers, man, those lasted about 9 months... you can't treat shoes that aren't boots like boots...

My work boots now are some steel toes that I got from cabelas for $40 out the door of the tent sale. Can't rmember the name, started with a "D". I just wanted to have a pair of steel toes

Then there are my snowboarding boots, just some K2's... regular bindings. Got em for $60 (50% off)

I'm a runner- just cross country. I went thru two pairs of running shoes a year. The rubber outer sole and the insole wears down to nothing... And hrdcore XC people don't care what they run their shoes through either-running around mud slows you down, Just take out the insoles and stuff with newspaper and switch to the other pair (or into spikes for the races).

Old 03-18-2006, 04:32 AM
bassproguy07
Elder User
what are whites?never heard of em down here or seen em. I hte justins, aand the tekno crepe isnt a new sole type its just different. Kinda funny you say its a new sole type but then you say the boots are 3 years old, no offense. My dad had a pair of red wings and they are sweet, i wish i could wear em but theyre too big for me, he has a wider foot. I love my rockys comfort wise, but they dont hold up like my Double H do, plus i dnt have good grip with the rocks and the double H ice sole is SWEET!!

Old 03-18-2006, 09:19 AM
superpony18
Senior User
Whites are a west soast boot. If you can't afford the Whites everyone else gets Wesco's. Th Red Wings are the bottom of the barrel around were I live. My Whites cost abou $430 and this is there 5th year, had themm resoled once.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:39 AM
1970Custom
Postmaster
I've got a pair of Danners that run about $250 a pair, I've had them for the past five years and they're still a great pair of boots; although they're a bit softer than when I first got them.

They're actually army issue but were left-overs so I got a pair. I'll probably never own another brand of boot after I've had these, most boots I've ever owned last maybe a year and a half MAX.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Octane
Posting Guru
Bought a new pair of Laredos today! Its been about 7 years since Ive owned a pair of cowboy boots and it feels good to be back in them!

Old 03-18-2006, 04:21 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bassproguy07
I hte justins, aand the tekno crepe isnt a new sole type its just different. Kinda funny you say its a new sole type but then you say the boots are 3 years old, no offense.
I didn't realize tekno crepe wasn't new. I thought it had only been around for a few years now. I guess I figured that since cowboy boots have been around with leather soles for a few hundred years now, that a 3-5 year-old type of sole would be relatively "new." New or old, I like them a lot.

These are the ones that I have:
Justin Boots

Old 03-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Customz
Postmaster
redwing 10 holes, don't know the model #

Old 03-22-2006, 01:25 AM
MEPR
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to wear redwings but since i joined the service i get a new pair of combat boots every year so i just romp around in those...

Old 09-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
diggin up old threads, but owell...
Ive got a pair of Redwing, lace ups, there steeltoed. I splurged and got the Insoles for them to, pop them in the oven for how ever long and put them in the boots, lace up and walk around normal, and they form to your foot perfectly. Those boots got eaten by my ever awesome dog... So i got a new pair, used the same insoles after about 2 weeks with out, it went from feeling like i was wakling on a brick, to walking on pillows, that is no exageration either... I have a set of bullhide H&H boots, and a set of whites that i use strictly for wildfire season. The H&H's are my everyday boots the redwings are the work boot the whites are the wildfire boot i guess...

Old 09-07-2008, 10:05 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Ariats, one pair of Stockmans and one pair of Latigos. My work boots are a pair of Chippewa packers. I have a pile of old Justin workboots that I won't throw away.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Big_Man_Brad
Senior User
I always where red wings but i got a pair of wolverines but the sole fell off..

Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM
billy12360
Elder User
wow only 2 maybe 3 people wear danners?

thats all i wear, are my danner boots... summer winter spring or fall... ive got my danners on from the minute i walk out the door until about 5 minutes before i go to sleep,... great suport... really comfortable... warm in the winter... hotter then hell in the summer.... water proff almost to the top.... durrable as all hell.... ive wore one pair for about 5 years i got them second hand from my dad who wore them every day for about 3 years before i did... and since he changed jobs from manual labor to for the most part a desk job and since my old pair of danners where getting worn out...{{nicked once or twice with machettes axes hachets and a chain saw or 2.... and i have wide feet, while my dad has normal feet.... so the sides sort of blew out...}} i asked if i could take his other pair... since he used to get a new pair every 2 years or so... he said yeah go ahead... so ive had my "new" boots for close to a year now... with only having a chainsaw hit them once....

wolverine and catipilar boots suck... i got a pair of wolverien when i started my new job because they wanted me to have steel toed boots... and 2 of the other guys that started at the same time as me got the catiipilar boots also... the cat boots the soles feel off with in about a week of basically normal wear... i mean this guy sat on a lawn mower all day long... the wolverines are really thin... so basicallly a shovles split the leather on it.... as to where my danners have been hit with a chainsaw and left nuthing more then a scratch? i think i will stick with my danners thank you very much....

Quick Reply: Boots