Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Ed Willmott
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my Truck

Here is the Scene Setup:
Snowy night in Northeast Ohio -
I am going up the road a bit to meet a few buddies and come across a Ford Probe off the road in a lawn. Not buried but not able to get out under its own power. Turns out the driver is one my buddies, as is the driver of the new Ford Ranger at the scene, just getting hooked up with a chain and attempting to pull out the probe.

After I pull over, two other friends show up soon after.

I almost feel bad for my buddy, Ken. His new Ranger Ext. cab 4X4 is a nice truck and he is really excited to use it. And a bunch of our friends are there to witness his heroic deed with his "Ford Tough" new ride.

Obviously, it goes nowhere. He is spinning all four of his tires and sliding off the road himself.

I keep my mouth shut until he starts pulling forward to get slack in the chain and then "yank" on it.

"When you're done, let me know." is all I have to say. He finally gives up when everyone convinces him that he is gonna damage something.

I hook up the 'stroke and lightly tap the pedal in 4x4 reverse.

You all know what happened after that. Only disappointment is that the truck never has to really do any work.

Man, I love this truck!

Old 03-06-2006, 12:52 PM
hllon4whls
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big heavy trucks are cool. I am glad that you didnt rip the front clip off of that probe. Some kids did that to a geo storm in an internet clip. Had a compact pickup truck. They got a running start and pop pop pop. Off came the whole rear plastic fascia.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Yes we do love our big trucks. I've been there as well pulling a Honda out of the ditch from in front of my neighbor's house. All I could feel was the tow rope tightening up.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:39 PM
fei1
Mountain Pass
I hear ya loud and clear. It was last year and I was only a JR in High School. A few of the hot shot football guys decided they would just floor it and barrel right into a huge snow bank. Of cousre they looked like a beached whale in their blazer when they were done being a**holes. Not even 5 min later they were all crying to me to pull them out....so I did. But, I did manage to get an up close parking spot for the rest of the year so me and DIESEL didn't have walk far to get to school. MAN DO I LOVE THE 7.3L's PURE LOUD POWER!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2006, 05:07 PM
RushN350
Senior User
It's almost dissapointing how good these trucks are in the snow (no playing) Whatever I tell it to do it does! Which is awsome but even in two wheel drive I couldn't get a complete donut, it would slide allitle bit then straighten out and just go! And the few cars/suv's I pulled out I probably could have pulled off the mirrors. But theres always next year COME ON BLIZZARD!

Old 03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
99bajakid
Senior User
Me too! I absolutely love my truck, i've never had such a high quality machine. I wanted to give my thanks to ford!!! I LOVE THE 7.3, im so glad I didnt get the 6.0 due to reliability issues.. a little lack of power and not having the option of the torque shift transmission (which i've heard is awesome!) is definitely something i'd sacrifice for a better mule IMO. If i could i'd sleep in my truck just because of how much I love it.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:17 PM
RushN350
Senior User
Now thats dedication!! I didn't know you could get the letters soo big!

Old 03-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by RushN350
Now thats dedication!! I didn't know you could get the letters soo big!
We love our trucks!

Old 03-06-2006, 09:53 PM
hoss1273
Junior User
Great story !!! Mine is not as good but would have been if I was in my mule or had it near by !!! I drove my Mule to the yard when when we had 15 inches of snow a couple weeks ago to pick up the plow truck ,a GMC gasser. I was doing ok for the first 10 inches until he sent me to some apartments that had not been done since the first few inches. As soon as I pulled in I got stuck ,called the boss and told him it was to deep , he told me to keep trying and I did and got stuck again,normally I never get out of the truck so I was getting pissed that I had to get out and shovel . I got unstuck again and gave it one more try only to be stuck again for about a half hour and man I was cursing that GMC out and wishing I was in my truck or had it near by so I did not have to shovel so much and could pull that piece of Sh** out. Could not wait till I was done and got to drive the big Diesel home. I should have said something to the owner of the snow removal co. because he said to me, "A Ford ??? " when he saw my Diesel for the first time !!!

Old 03-06-2006, 11:24 PM
fei1
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by hoss1273
Great story !!! Mine is not as good but would have been if I was in my mule or had it near by !!! I drove my Mule to the yard when when we had 15 inches of snow a couple weeks ago to pick up the plow truck ,a GMC gasser. I was doing ok for the first 10 inches until he sent me to some apartments that had not been done since the first few inches. As soon as I pulled in I got stuck ,called the boss and told him it was to deep , he told me to keep trying and I did and got stuck again,normally I never get out of the truck so I was getting pissed that I had to get out and shovel . I got unstuck again and gave it one more try only to be stuck again for about a half hour and man I was cursing that GMC out and wishing I was in my truck or had it near by so I did not have to shovel so much and could pull that piece of Sh** out. Could not wait till I was done and got to drive the big Diesel home. I should have said something to the owner of the snow removal co. because he said to me, "A Ford ??? " when he saw my Diesel for the first time !!!
Don't just love that when a guy says "A Ford?". It goes to prove "A Ford", is a hell of a lot better than we have to sometimes run around in. I plow snow too, in a beater dog(dodge) and chebby. I can't wait to be done to get back into a REAL truck!