Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny things people say to you about your truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 09:52 PM
god.boots
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what I have seen on internet forums, the jeep guys are pretty much jerks, and harsh when it comes to asking questions on the forum. every Ford forum I have been to has been awesome though. my dads buddys who I know in person are really cool though.

Old 11-27-2005, 12:03 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
see if that were me i would pull'em out but i would have just kept on going, nothing they can do about it!

thats a pretty rough stereotype guys! you have to remember that jeeps are SO abundant that theres one sitting at just about any corner. i wheel with some of the best guys that drive jeeps and we stop anytime someone needs a hand unless there is an emergency.

its sad but a few bad apples gives everyone else a bad name.

dont get me wrong though, i give'em hell about not driving a ford

-cutts-

Old 11-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fishmanndotcom
dont get me wrong though, i give'em hell about not driving a ford

-cutts-
And thats what matters most of all

Old 11-27-2005, 12:34 AM
JeremyH
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by god.boots
from what I have seen on internet forums, the jeep guys are pretty much jerks, and harsh when it comes to asking questions on the forum. every Ford forum I have been to has been awesome though.
Ouch....that's rough. I drive a Jeep and a Ford (well...and a corolla too) and I try to help anyone out that needs (and wants) it. Sorry your experience is bad with jeep folks.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:24 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
I was just fixin' to bring you up Jermy. Your a jeep guy and you put in pleanty on this site. Your A+ in my book. As for the rest of the Jeeping world.........Some good, some bad. I really don't care either way.

RubberDuck

Old 11-28-2005, 10:33 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funniest thing ive heard is this......I went to 4wheel parts a few years ago(before i learned about FTE's offroad forum) to identify my transfercase because of the horrible clanking sound coming from it...i had no clue about fulltime units and was looking for some sound opinions....well the mechanic there told me my Tcase was fine, but my front axle(D60) was trash and that he would put in a D44 for $1500 exchange, and it would only take a month!!! OK, i didnt know crap about my NP203, but i knew what axle i had!! so i jumped in the truck, flipped him the bird and told him to save the BS for the next Jeep sucker that came in!!!

a funny question i get asked alot about my 2wd 76 F-150 when people see under the hood, "so is that a 350 or a 454??" i usually cant answer cause im laughing so hard!!

Old 11-28-2005, 11:00 AM
to many oft
Senior User
everybody at advance nows me (my town)don`t even go to counter,just walk down isle get my own stuff!
as for jeep guys i would have drove around them,then played mud tag!
yall got the best forum going:thumbs up

Old 11-28-2005, 11:52 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,458 Likes on 951 Posts
i cant stand advance....i hate giving them any money at all, i prefered discount auto parts before they were bought out by them

Old 11-28-2005, 09:41 PM
natewoz
Elder User
Hehe,

My family doesn't understand the lift kits, tires, and lockers, and especially the 9000# Superwinch. "That winch is all toy" they say. They don't quite understand how remote northern MN can be, and how bad of a situation it is if you get stuck in 2' of snow or mud 6 miles from any paved road, and 50 miles from any sizable town. Ignorance is bliss eh?

Old 11-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
i cant stand advance....i hate giving them any money at all, i prefered discount auto parts before they were bought out by them
I can't stand advance or auto zone, but thats all thats around here. I'd have a heart attack if I pulled something off the shelves that WASN'T made in China

Thats why you need to educate them Nate. Take em out in the muck once, and let them get a taste of it. My family used to dog me one, for getting such a waste of a pickup truck, and two getting a Ford. Now that they see what I'm doing and plan on doing, the first thing they ask when they come over is "hows the truck coming along?" I was able to talk my father into getting a newer F-150, my uncle wants to lift his ranger now, and even my uncles and cousin who bleed Chevy rust, are impressed

Ignorance is only blissful to those who don't know there own ignorance

Last edited by IB Tim; 11-29-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:42 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Geez, I don't even know where to begin

Old 11-28-2005, 11:14 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Why don't you start with "Here's your sign" ones .

Old 11-29-2005, 07:38 AM
JeremyH
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
I can't stand advance or Vato zone
There, I fixed your spelling error.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:59 PM
fordinmudd
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by SwOkcOffRoader
Funniest thing ive heard is this......I went to 4wheel parts a few years ago(before i learned about FTE's offroad forum) to identify my transfercase because of the horrible clanking sound coming from it...i had no clue about fulltime units and was looking for some sound opinions....well the mechanic there told me my Tcase was fine, but my front axle(D60) was trash and that he would put in a D44 for $1500 exchange, and it would only take a month!!! OK, i didnt know crap about my NP203, but i knew what axle i had!! so i jumped in the truck, flipped him the bird and told him to save the BS for the next Jeep sucker that came in!!!

a funny question i get asked alot about my 2wd 76 F-150 when people see under the hood, "so is that a 350 or a 454??" i usually cant answer cause im laughing so hard!!
Man no wonder why you flipped him the bird I would of too.$1500 and a month to put in an axle? how funny can you say rip off.I took me and my buddy all of maybe 2 or 3 hours to change my axle.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:11 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Not only that, but now that i look back on it the guy knew perfectly well my axle was fine, he just wanted my high pinion Dana 60.... he was probably gonna give me HIS Dana 44, and swap in a used Tcase real quick figuring i wouldnt know any better....some people just dont cease to amaze me...

Quick Reply: Funny things people say to you about your truck