Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny things people say to you about your truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Jmudder79
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best part store incident I have happened at the local CONway(only store in town, unfortunatly). I needed parts for my Dana 70. The guy at the counter said "OK, now thats a 1/2 ton rear, right?" I said, let me go check and I left and went next town over and the guy at the counter didn't even crack a book. He went in the back and pulled the right parts right off the shelf. Only took him 3 minutes. The best comments I got were "Gross, why is your truck all muddy?" and (from a cop) The reason I pulled you over is you almost caused an accident from the mud falling out from underneath your truck. The cars behind you had to keep swerving to avoid them. Oops.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:37 AM
thesprocket26
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to Schucks and told them I needed piston rings for an RX7. After everybody in the store could locate any, they tried to sell me an electric scooter!

Old 03-03-2006, 09:13 AM
s8whiskey
Elder User
So, I ahve a firend who his dad helps him with his cars and he knows nothing about his car literally. He had to ask him how to change the oil and still eff'd it up. You know the type. Anywho his parents bought him a 81 El crapo and he is doing a V8 swap and such in and his dad I should say is doing the swap. Well he is riding around and sees me and follows me to see where Im going. I saw him and thought "Hmmm how far will he follow me" so I get off my local mud hole. He just moved here a few years ago so he knows nothing of the place. So I slide her into 4H and go at it. Its rough it there for my stock ride. So Im going and going and he follows me into this mud hole thinking its shallow and his 2wd ****ty el crapo could get him through it. He sank the car. I didnt know this though I just looped around and drove to my brothers house that I was going in the first place. He calls me and says when aer you coming back man. I pause and say why. Hes like Im stuck man come pull me out. So I drive back and help him out. While he is wading in the water he had the ***** to say "****ty ford cant do it.. I know it cant" so while I was letting slack out of the cable I might had went to hard at the end and made his head hit the back window and CRACK IT ( Mu hahahaha) so I pull his *** out and watch him open the door and water run out. So yea made him give me 20 bucks for the gas and wasted time. haha ford provails again.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
PeteyF-250
Junior User
When people see me driving my 84 F250 lifted (with new springs, NOT BLOCKS) I mostly get the "oh why dont you drive something more economical?" After trying to digest that I explain that I get 20pmg out of my 6.9 diesel and that I feel save driving something made out of solid steel, not economical plastics

Old 03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
razzi
Freshman User
I got one for y'all. I just put my rig back together, slapped a 10 day permit on the windsheild, and was running my 1990 F150 4x4 down a few of those "no road maintenece beyond this point" type of roads we have around here. It was raining on and off all day, my rig was covered in mud, and I was having LOTS of fun. I was on my way home, still on the back road, and got yanked by the cops. The first thing he asked me was "why is your truck all muddy?" You could see and hear the mud slidding off of it. I replied "Oh, these back roads are sloppy with mud............." He then stated that he "couldn't see my plates", to which I showed him the permit stuck to the windsheild. He proceeded to tell me "that I was on the back roads all day, and my cruiser is nowhere near as muddy as your truck" I said nothing more, but laughed under my breath. Seeing though I wasn't breaking any laws, he let me go. As I was driving away, I looked back and see this huge pool of mud where my rig was sitting. I never did wash it, but let Mother Nature take care of it instead. LOL.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:07 AM
my79f
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
well aside from my 70' ford i have been driving a 99'psd with chip and exhaust, and one day me and a buddy of mine where headed out to one of his properties to check on his cattle and pickup his flats boat, well if any of yall have ever been down hamilton pool road(rubberduck) there is a large cliff with swithbacks going down to a low water crossing, and while crossing that low water crossing me and my buddy come across this toyota pickup that has been high centered so we pull over and ask if we can be of assitance, and the guy asks if our phone gets service down there which it doesn't, so we then ask if he needs a pull, and then we get "i dont think your truck can handle it only a wrecker can" so i say let us at least try, and he agrees. so we hook the chain up and start pulling, and magically pull him out but we werent done, we pulled him a good 150 yards up the other side for a smart alec remark he made about my truck not being able to pull it, all in all he ended up with flat spots on all his tires from us dragging his pos toyota, and a bent drive shaft from high centering.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:44 AM
7DF250
Elder User
A couple that come to mind, When I brought my 96 F350 reg cab PS 4X home my neighbor who is like 80 and tows a 20 ft travel trailer with his 1/2 ton chevy van wanders over and says "Jeeeezus what are ya gonna tow with that!" My response "Anything I want." When I had my 68 highboy we used to go out to the desert and climb this huge hill that was totally flat on top called the crows nest, My truck was stock and I could idle up in 4 low and park on top, well this kid comes tearing up the trail in his chevy Z71 bad *** (his words) Ifs open diffs. he gets halfway up destroyed the trail and gets stuck, hikes up top and says "How did you get that fu**en Dodge up here?" I looked around but couldent find a Dodge (my F250 was the only truck up top) so I told him I didnt bring any Dodge up and motored down the other side.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:43 AM
davidsca
Senior User
Heres a couple from various family members and in-laws:

"You've abandoned me for that truck the last 3 weekends....."

"You don't need a 4 wheel drive...."

"Just drop me off near the school, I'll walk the rest of the way...."

"Its a little loud, isn't it?..."

And heres one from the auto zone employee, when I inquired about the price of an ignition module:

"What color carpet?"

I'm still trying to figure that one out

DS

Old 03-04-2006, 08:30 AM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Originally Posted by davidsca
Heres a couple from various family members and in-laws:

"You've abandoned me for that truck the last 3 weekends....."

"You don't need a 4 wheel drive...."

"Just drop me off near the school, I'll walk the rest of the way...."

"Its a little loud, isn't it?..."

And heres one from the auto zone employee, when I inquired about the price of an ignition module:

"What color carpet?"

I'm still trying to figure that one out

DS
What, your engine accessories aren't color coordinated? I'd hate to see a red ignition module with a green carpet.......

Old 03-05-2006, 02:41 AM
countryF150
Senior User
THE BEST is when someone asks, "Is it a 4x4?", they just dont get it because you shouldn't even have to ask!

Old 03-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Jmudder79
Elder User
I like when my truck is covered top to bottom in still wet ,dripping mud and someone asks" Do you take that thing off-road?". Of course not. My truck is taking part in a very scientific dirt related experiment.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:25 PM
busted knuckle
Senior User
my g/fs mom said no ford was ever goin be a real truck (dodge in her mind) she ask if it even ran so i waited until she looked under it to see the uncapped headers and let her rip. i think she might of p***ed herself. lol lol great fun now she just asks how your truck and i smile.