Sponsored by:

Funny things people say to you about your truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 10:02 PM
JeremyH
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ivanribic
Do you ever try telling them . . . and acting very serious?

My local Napa has come to know me pretty well but there's still a few guys down there that don't get it. I'll have a parts list and as I'm asking for parts I'll give them a different model and year for each one. Sometimes they just look at me all confused until one of the other guys walks up and says "Just give the man what he asks for . . . he knows what he needs."
HaHa....I love that feeling. "What vehicle is this for?"...."The part number is...just look it up"....."Is that an automatic transmission?"

Old 11-23-2005, 10:13 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was especially entertained (and in this case irritated) when Lee was in town visiting me and we went to Napa to get a new thermostat. I told the guy the temp I wanted and he proceeded to lecture me about how it was too low, I'd never get heat out of my heater, the engine would never warm up, blah blah blah. My truck is parked right outside the window with Mr. Radiator in the bed facing the store. You'd think at this point it would be painfully obvious that I'm not using this in a stock application anyway but no, he wanted to argue the finer points of engine cooling with me.

Old 11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
RawPower
Postmaster
That's what gets irritating ^^^ You're just like WTF lay off, look it up... IM A PAYING CUSTOMER IDIOT. It would be one thing if they cared if it were the right part or not, but its another when they are arguing senslessly...

Old 11-23-2005, 11:46 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just park your truck on his ricer then ask him to come out and explain it while showing you how that all works

Old 11-24-2005, 04:44 AM
RotGrubestier44
Elder User
Funniest one I've heard was when my cousin and I got the 84 F-150 done. It has D60s front and rear with LSDs, lifted 10" on 40s, shortbed frame, no cab, with a flareside rear bumper. We pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot listening to Pickup Man by Joe Diffie... there were a bunch of preppy college girls that just stood there and stared at us. Two of them come running over, and we're like "Sweet". They get there and start running their mouth about how we shouldn't be flying rebel flags through town and how racisim is wrong... I leaned over and said "heritage not hate hunny, now run along". Total buzz kill, I thought I was gonna get me some. lol

Old 11-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Brian794x4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always get the "How do you get in?" comment because im only about 5'8" with my work boots on. Its only 9" lift on 39's but for this area its pretty tall. I just tell them i grab and jump, good to go. The girlfriend on the other hand is 5'2, so its pretty funny, especially in a skirt Then the good old fuel economy razzing. I just laugh, do they really think i spent hundreds of hours researching, building, and thousands....and thousands...and thousands of dollers building it to save cash at the pump? 2 out of 4 of my vehicles are built to use a unfair share of fuel...people kill me. And the worst is when they ask me why i dont care that its 3 colors, because i dont like primer black (too chevy for this area) and paint doesnt make it turn the Boggers!

Damn people
Brian

Old 11-24-2005, 07:38 PM
montster
Senior User
best experiance ever was sitting on a trail near this nasty rutted mud hole about 25meters long that we had been playing in with my bronco and my cousin had his jeep(*******) and these 3 jeeps pull up and come over to talk they say they are have a trail run the next weekend the lead dork turns to me and say "not you its a jeep only run" the tailgate on my bronco is higher than his hood but I let it slide. then they drive through the hole (together) not 10 feet between them and sink right to the frames the rear one finnally backs out but the other two are dead stuck. pulls out a 20' rope (no luck) we sat there laughing for about 5 minutes then the actually comes over and says, not asks "says" youll have to come give us a pull your the only one here with enough weight. with a strait face I said sorry this is a ford and that is a jeep thing turned away got in my bronco,,,and pulled around and pulled their sorry asses out. So next spring I am putting a sticker on my rear bumper with arrows pointing to my hooks that says "its a jeep thing"

Old 11-24-2005, 07:51 PM
RawPower
Postmaster
thats pretty good... did they let you go to hte event?

Old 11-24-2005, 07:55 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think I would have reminded them of that little comment then said it was a good thing they didn't invite you cause if you go on a trail ride you would want to have fun not spend the entire time working pulling thier junk out of the mud.

Old 11-26-2005, 04:05 PM
FordPickMeUp
Elder User
Originally Posted by montster
best experiance ever was sitting on a trail near this nasty rutted mud hole about 25meters long that we had been playing in with my bronco and my cousin had his jeep(*******) and these 3 jeeps pull up and come over to talk they say they are have a trail run the next weekend the lead dork turns to me and say "not you its a jeep only run" the tailgate on my bronco is higher than his hood but I let it slide. then they drive through the hole (together) not 10 feet between them and sink right to the frames the rear one finnally backs out but the other two are dead stuck. pulls out a 20' rope (no luck) we sat there laughing for about 5 minutes then the actually comes over and says, not asks "says" youll have to come give us a pull your the only one here with enough weight. with a strait face I said sorry this is a ford and that is a jeep thing turned away got in my bronco,,,and pulled around and pulled their sorry asses out. So next spring I am putting a sticker on my rear bumper with arrows pointing to my hooks that says "its a jeep thing"
now that's funny.

Old 11-26-2005, 04:17 PM
montster
Senior User
no we didnt go even my cousin who loves jeeps was real turned off, to top it all off while pulling them out the guy that made it out. pulled out his cooler and the ***** never even offered me a beer and not one of them said thankyou. the worst part is these are the kind of guys that would probably drive right by when somebody is stuck. I'm on the internet boards all the time and when we were building my cousins jeep I have never seen such ignorant and obnoxious people. out of 10 post to your question 9 are to tell you how "newbie" it is or to tell you to go buy this or that $1000 kit if I wanted to throw money around like that I wouldnt spend time on here learnin to do it myself.Maybe I'm bias but I think the ford guys are the best on the internet for helping out and not flaming a guy trying to have some fun building a truck

Old 11-26-2005, 04:54 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With that attitude I'd probably drove off and left them there in the mud .....

Old 11-26-2005, 06:49 PM
go_racing84
Elder User
I've always gone wheelin' with the idea that it is definitely NOT cool to not offer the guys savin' your a$$ anything in return. Cash, brewskis, whatever, I always give the guy something for the effort.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:33 PM
78 explorer
Junior User
A guy at work looked at my bed (its a 78 explorer) asked me when did ford make a explorer into a truck. hahahaha.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Oval_obsessed
Elder User
I also think that jeep guys are jerks for the most part. At least the ones I know. My experience is 99% of other wheelers are great people. This is the main reason I want to get a 1942 - 1945 Ford Gpw, they'll think it is a jeep and let me join and then I'll spring it on them that it is a Ford.

The funny thing I had said to me was, Why do you go mudding, you will have to wash it now. People just don't get it until they try it.

Quick Reply: Funny things people say to you about your truck