Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Offroad & 4x4 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum63/)
-   -   Funny things people say to you about your truck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/432352-funny-things-people-say-to-you-about-your-truck.html)

FordPickMeUp 11-22-2005 12:04 AM

Funny things people say to you about your truck

I thought id start this thread because the last month or so i have been getting people saying funny things to me about my truck.

I had 2 old ladys looking at my truck at the gas station today.They came up to me and said why is your truck all jacked up like that.I told them it was for the mud and they were like oh? :rolleyes:

Then about a month ago I had a lady pull up to me at a red light and say why do you drive that big truck when gas prices are so high. :-X01
And yes my truck is a daily driver.

I'll remember some more later when im not so tired. :-X22

what have they said to you about yours?

ivanribic 11-22-2005 12:10 AM

My favorite was in August when we had a big party at my place. Pro and Stroker_Deezel were riding with me and we hit a gas station to get some drinks. While we're inside paying a lady comes in and asks who's truck was parked outside. Then she says "Why is it so big?" We all start laughing and her expression almost becomes strained. Then she said "No, really . . . why is it so big? I don't understand." Duh . . . if you have to ask it's OBVIOUS you don't understand. This was topped only by the time when Dusten was riding with me and some guy at a bus stop started cussing us out. There was an exchange of words and then I opened the cutouts. Dusten finished the conversation with "Enjoy your ride on the bus!" Hmm . . . maybe it's got more to do with my passengers than the truck. :D

FordPickMeUp 11-22-2005 12:26 AM

seem's to be alot of women saying these things doesn't it? maybe they just really like the truck we all have?hmmm.....good story ivan it made me laugh.keep em coming.:)

chrono4 11-22-2005 01:10 AM

i had a kid in a little import nissan truck, lowered, with a fart can mufller tell me my truck ahd no power, and, his truck could pull mine backwards, id like to see it, told him to make sure he hooked it to his nice pretty unpainted roll pan. well, he at least hooked it good, but still pulled him backwards down rodeo road during rodeo weekend, he didnt come back. that same weekend, had a lady ask me if i had the tube bumpers to sneak beer in, thought about it, man i could fit 2 or 3 12 packs in them suckers.

BFR250SD 11-22-2005 03:12 AM

I always like the V10 comments.......Jesus, that thing has to suck gas..........Jesus, that thing must have like a million HP................Jesus, how can you afford to put gas in it....................Jesus, are you just moving the house or the whole city block.

It's a riot. I mean come on, it's only a little ole 415.

Gotta say though, the kid comments are the best. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! (big silly smile and eyes popping out) That's always fun.

bremen242 11-22-2005 06:10 AM

When I was driving my beater, people were afraid to say anything about the exxon valdez (ie, my truck. didn't use much gas, but leaked oil by the quart). The funniest thing that was ever said about it was my girlfriend saying "I wish I could get into a truck that was all one color." and I replied, "I wish I could get into a truck that didn't cut me when I walked by.."

cleatus12r 11-22-2005 07:33 AM

Back when I drove my 10 ft. tall truck, EVERYONE and their mom used to ask me, "How do you get in that? I want to see you get in." Seriously, people would actually stop on the street and WATCH me get in the truck. I got so sick of it I just wanted to run them over (because I had the ability to).

Cody

oneofakind97 11-22-2005 08:37 AM

people always ask if mines for sale. to which i simply reply "never".

and when i used to talk about lifting my truck at school, kids would say "why? its already giant". it made me laugh becasue the suspension is still all stock.

fishmanndotcom 11-22-2005 10:00 AM

the best one for me was when i came to a road block at the end of my road. the cops were checking for insurance and valid drivers license. ok picture this, a lifted ford 3/4 ton long bed extended cab with NO doors or bed and 39" tires. 3 of the 5 or 6 cops came over and they all walked around my truck. one cop asked if it was insured and obviously i said "yessir, theres the card". there was nothing he could do since i was, in theory, 'legal'. last thing he said to me, and i will never forget it, is "if you aren't gonna drive around with your doors on, will you at least put your seatbelt on"

HAHAHAHAHA, i wish i had a vid camera! :-X03

-cutts-

fordborn 11-22-2005 11:03 AM

The best one I had was a while back I had my Off-Road BII out and drove to the station for gas. The attendant was looking at my LTB's and asked why I had such a big tire on there. I told him that it was used for Off-Road fun in the mud and rocks. He then said " Well won't the tread on them tires dig up the ground?" I about lost my drink right in his face, but he was serious. LOL

brokebronco 11-22-2005 11:32 AM

Some knuclehead at UTI in a chebby with toothpick axles and ifs, 4" blocks and 4"body lift came over to me iin the Bronco sitting on 60 front/10.25" back and leafs all the way around and says....."Someday if you ever soup this up, maybe you can hang with me offroad." I just said...."Gosh mister, do you think I really can? Oh yeah, why don't you count my lugnuts before you open your mouth."

What a tool.

Chris

RawPower 11-22-2005 11:40 AM

I get asked "haven't you learned it doesn't float yet?" all the time in various ways... but more common are the comments about its length.

monsterbaby 11-22-2005 11:55 AM

best comment I have had so far, and I have to say only one person has ever asked me this question. "So what year did Ford put a 460 into the rangers?" and he was serious.

ivanribic 11-22-2005 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by monsterbaby
best comment I have had so far, and I have to say only one person has ever asked me this question. "So what year did Ford put a 460 into the rangers?" and he was serious.

Do you ever try telling them . . . and acting very serious? :-X03

My local Napa has come to know me pretty well but there's still a few guys down there that don't get it. I'll have a parts list and as I'm asking for parts I'll give them a different model and year for each one. Sometimes they just look at me all confused until one of the other guys walks up and says "Just give the man what he asks for . . . he knows what he needs."

RawPower 11-22-2005 01:19 PM

Been there ^^^ as well as trying to order parts for your truck that are aftermarket and EVERYTIME they ask "what year and model is it for?" well, damn, like I said... no year, no model... yall carry it, i saw it online, and its never been an OEM part for any make, model, year, you name it. Ive got one guy who just goes and gets the parts for me, hes the only one who understands - even though hes a chebby guy.