1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Mobile-Ease

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Pillfreevitamins
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mobile-Ease

Has anyone installed and used the Mobile-Ease Handsfree unit? I am wondering what the quality is like. I have searched all over the net and can't find anyone who is using it.

I had a hands free Parrot CK3100 in my old Explorer it worked and sounded great. I removed it before I traded it in. I now have an 05 Expy with the Nav system and wanted to install it. Problem is they would have to cut some wires to do it. This makes me a little nervous since I don't want to void the warranty on the NAV system if it has problems later on down the road.

I guess my only other option is to install the ford Mobile-Ease but for over $500.00. I don't want to spend that money if the call quality is bad. It can really be hit or miss with these and was wondering if anyone has used it.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:17 PM
doug_miami
New User
Mobile Ease

The Mobile Ease system is really nice. It is pretty easy to install, and works great. The only problem that you will run into (and its a big one) is that it is not compatible with an Expedition with factory navigation. (Found this out the hard way.) The only FMC navigation systems it is compatible with are the touch-screen DVD based ones (Navigator, 2006 Explorer/Mountaineer, Aviator, Town Car, etc).
Ford does however, offer a cell phone harness prep kit that should enable the installation of an aftermarket kit with no cutting of the factory wiring. It is basically a blunt cut harness that tee's in to the radio wiring, so you can connect aftermarket handsfree to your radio.
Hope this helps. I know you posted this about 5 months ago, but I just joined the forums. If you want any other information, post a reply...

Old 02-06-2006, 03:43 PM
DASTUD
Elder User
Originally Posted by doug_miami
The Mobile Ease system is really nice. It is pretty easy to install, and works great. The only problem that you will run into (and its a big one) is that it is not compatible with an Expedition with factory navigation. (Found this out the hard way.) The only FMC navigation systems it is compatible with are the touch-screen DVD based ones (Navigator, 2006 Explorer/Mountaineer, Aviator, Town Car, etc).
Ford does however, offer a cell phone harness prep kit that should enable the installation of an aftermarket kit with no cutting of the factory wiring. It is basically a blunt cut harness that tee's in to the radio wiring, so you can connect aftermarket handsfree to your radio.
Hope this helps. I know you posted this about 5 months ago, but I just joined the forums. If you want any other information, post a reply...
I just bought a 2006 F150 and was wondering if you buy the the Mobile Ease system, with a compatible harness, is it basically plug and play?? also, where do you buy this system? thanks in advance....

Old 02-06-2006, 05:35 PM
mcne2026
Junior User
I looked at the MobileEase solution and went with the Parrot 3100 instead. It is the same installation procedure and a little cheaper than the MobileEase. I think it is better quality and better features. Integrates exactly the same as the MobileEase. Search this Forum for Parrot and you will find a great post with all details to order and install it. Took about an hour.

Old 02-09-2006, 04:49 PM
doug_miami
New User
The Mobile Ease system is completely plug and play. It is not something that is offered on the Ford Accessories website, it is something that you would have to order through your local dealer. It is not cheap, a little over $300 if I remember correctly, but is a very nice system, and something that is made to work with your vehicle too.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:22 PM
mcne2026
Junior User
That is not 100% correct.

1. You can buy it from a Ford Accessories site.

2. It is not really plug and play. You still need to buy the Ford Handsfree Cell Phone wiring harness. Then you need to wire the Mobile Ease to this harness. This harness is plug and play, but the Mobile Ease is almost, but not exactly. It also needs to be attached with 3M tape, just like aftermarket. They did not build a space into the dash for it, or anything special like that.

3. The Mobile Ease does not integrate into the factory stereo any better than an aftermarket handsfree kit, if you use the Ford harness with the aftermarket kit, as I did.

While I am sure it is a good product, it does not have as many features as the Parrot (and others) that are the same or less money. And, it is no easier to install.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:30 PM
DASTUD
Elder User
i have a 2006 f150 KR with the overhead rail system with the entertainment center. on my front rail storage compartment, if i remove it, has a cut out in the headliner and there is some wiring. Is this possibly the pre-wiring for a bluetooth car kit? If not, do you think it is a power source? I have not pulled down the wiring yet, it is taped to the top of the headliner. help please and thanks in advance.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:59 PM
DASTUD
Elder User
There is definitly the wire harness in the cut out above the first storage unit on the overhead rail system. Does anyone have an 06that has this? I have not put a meter on it, but i was wondering if it has constant 12v. Also, does anyone know if this harness is already tied to the radio to allow it to mute while a call is in progress? sorry for all of the questions. I have contacted a company that sells the mobile ease blue connect but have not heard from them. thanks in advance for your imput.