General Automotive Discussion

Slamming doors

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 AM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
DT, Tell your mom that until she learns to respect YOU and your truck she's not aloud to ride in it.... If that doesn't break her of the slamming habit. Do it to her.. Get in her car, and SLAM those doors every time..

Old 07-26-2005, 10:14 AM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey she's only rode in it once. She refuses to cause it's old. That's the only reason, it doesn't smell, the seat isn't tore up, it ain't dirty, its old.

Dad had a Plymouth Cuda, she wouldn't ride in it because she smelled gas, DUH, it's a 440 with side pipes what did you expect at a stoplight.

But that's fine with me, just means my girl rides center shotgun. And i don't have to worry about mom.

If i slammed the doors on her Dodge(i just vomited in my throught) i think they'd fall off.

She's always been about that ICKY stuff. Perfectly calm night, she woke me up to put her truck in the garage so the bugs didn't get in it. I leave my windows down in 100 degree heat. Never had a problem with bugs.

Later

DT

Old 07-26-2005, 10:19 AM
pfogle
Lead Driver
No offense man, but your mom needs meds........ Mine is getting that close to insanity....

Old 07-26-2005, 12:57 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
Got that right... She's overly girly. When she came in to ask me i was like,"No..No...No" and she said "I haven't said anything yet", so i said" I know what you're gonna say, no..no..no, get dad to do it" , and she said, "your father is asleep" , Me ," Wake his butt up." I ended up doing it.

Heck my girlfriend has no problem diving in and working on my truck eventhough she knows hardly any thing about fixing them, i just tell the what nut(yup) or bolt to turn and she gets the job done. But she cleans up nicely, she knows how to get down and dirty and she still knows how to be a lady.

So i don't know why my mom is so weird about stuff like that.

I couldn't be with someone like that, i have to be with someone that likes working on stuff, or atleast enjoys spending time with me even if they have no interest, it can be fun, i promise... alot of things you can do with a torque wrench, Breaker bar, a cordless drill, and a orbital sander...don't ask..

Oh mom's the reason dad got rid of the Cuda... i still hate her for that.

DT

Old 07-26-2005, 09:33 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Trust me I know the feeling... My mom has stopped asking questions, as she never understands anyways... My mom made my dad get rid of our '59 Chevy 1/2 ton hot rod.. This thing was a beast.. 429/C6 with a posi... That thing would flat haul...

Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
Oh your gonna make me cry. It is a carbon copy of the crap i put up with.

I feel for you man.. Its rough.

Atleast the GF understands, cancles out mom's input.

My mom has a bunch of degrees and it amazes me the crap i hear come out of her mouth. It just goes to show you can be book smart, or have common sense... I'm right where i need to be then, i got alittle of both.

DT