2000 Lightning/Eaton Supercharger Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:26 PM
roddz170
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Lightning/Eaton Supercharger Questions

Ok,

I found and bought it, it's a 2000, anything but stock.

Now I need to know how to get info on taking care of this Eaton 112- like oil levels or changing? I also notice a odd rattle sound in it at idle, maybe just the screws turning, I haven't ever heard one so I don't know. Please give me some good info on what to watch for or care for on this engine.

Eaton 112 has been rebuilt, intake and such ported and polished, aftermarket alum. water/air intercooler, 20 lb pulley set( and yes this thing pumps out WAY over 8psi of booost) I have Bassini catback, new headers,alum.driveshaft- thats what I know- I do notice a fuel cut at full tthrottle sometimes- I think it's just factory fuel cutoff at 5500rpm- runs low 12's- sounds like a mach1 jet. But in my crazy mind, I want MORE- want to buy an on-board programmer-what kind fellas? and can it change shift points, and fuel cutoff/ rpm rev limiter?

I trust cause I have got good advice here- let's do it again

Thanks

Old 03-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Fredman
Senior User
Originally Posted by roddz170
Ok,

I found and bought it, it's a 2000, anything but stock.

Now I need to know how to get info on taking care of this Eaton 112- like oil levels or changing? I also notice a odd rattle sound in it at idle, maybe just the screws turning, I haven't ever heard one so I don't know. Please give me some good info on what to watch for or care for on this engine.

Eaton 112 has been rebuilt, intake and such ported and polished, aftermarket alum. water/air intercooler, 20 lb pulley set( and yes this thing pumps out WAY over 8psi of booost) I have Bassini catback, new headers,alum.driveshaft- thats what I know- I do notice a fuel cut at full tthrottle sometimes- I think it's just factory fuel cutoff at 5500rpm- runs low 12's- sounds like a mach1 jet. But in my crazy mind, I want MORE- want to buy an on-board programmer-what kind fellas? and can it change shift points, and fuel cutoff/ rpm rev limiter?

I trust cause I have got good advice here- let's do it again

Thanks
With the pro racers package from SCT, you can change any paramater you want to change. I think you can buy it from any SCT dealer. I don't know exactly what you mean by "on-board programmer", but with the PRP you can't change things on the fly. You change them on a PC and either flash them to the ECU with a flash tool, or burn them on a chip. Its pretty neat, and you can change anything you could possibly want to change as far as paramaters go.

Marlon

Old 03-30-2005, 08:31 PM
roddz170
Junior User
ok, heres a stupid one

who is SCT?

Old 03-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Fredman
Senior User
lol, the only stupid questions are the unasked ones.

SCT stands for Superchips Custom Tuning I believe. They probably have the best chips for ford trucks money can buy. Some more info on the Racer's Package is here:

http://www.sctflash.com/racer.php

Marlon

Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 PM
roddz170
Junior User
great, now what kind of oil for the eaton, how often to change it, and is the alen wrench screw in the front the fill to level hole?

and do you have any idea about the noise i mentioned?

Old 03-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Fredman
Senior User
great, now what kind of oil for the eaton, how often to change it, and is the alen wrench screw in the front the fill to level hole?

and do you have any idea about the noise i mentioned?
Nah, I'm a turbo guy. Don't really know much about blowers. You might be able to find some info in the Lightning Forum though. Its worth a shot, just search around over there. I am sure there is someone else lurking around these boards that will be able to help you with the other questions you have too.

Marlon

Old 03-30-2005, 09:59 PM
roddz170
Junior User
thanks, i appreciate the help

Old 03-31-2005, 07:42 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Fredman
lol, the only stupid questions are the unasked ones.

SCT stands for Superchips Custom Tuning I believe. They probably have the best chips for ford trucks money can buy. Some more info on the Racer's Package is here:

http://www.sctflash.com/racer.php

Marlon

I can set you up with this. Note, however, that you should get a wide band O2 sensor for blown applications with the Racer's package. I hope you've done or plan to do bottom end work when running 20lbs boost. To get good reading of air flow which that much boost I suggest SCT's MAF or Diablo's Mafia so you don't peg the meter.

Old 03-31-2005, 07:58 AM
roddz170
Junior User
Great , thats something I'll check on. It's hard to say whats all the mods on this, since I did not build it. I do know what I can see and feel, like a 10psi boost gauge pegged and bouncing at 12lbs - I'm going to get me a new one SOON so I know for sure.

I don't notice any real problems spots in power, but an occasional hickup at what I believe is the rpm limit for ffuel shutoff- which I hate cause I'm scared of a backfire blowing a piston through the pan,lol.

My only other problem is a trans that can't find a exact shift point, I think due to bad chip program in which it's trying to base shift points on driver (feel) , we know ECU can't read our adreniline levels no matter how bad the manufacturers want to try to sell the SMART AI, LoL!

Old 03-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Fredman
Senior User
Great , thats something I'll check on. It's hard to say whats all the mods on this, since I did not build it. I do know what I can see and feel, like a 10psi boost gauge pegged and bouncing at 12lbs - I'm going to get me a new one SOON so I know for sure.

I don't notice any real problems spots in power, but an occasional hickup at what I believe is the rpm limit for ffuel shutoff- which I hate cause I'm scared of a backfire blowing a piston through the pan,lol.

My only other problem is a trans that can't find a exact shift point, I think due to bad chip program in which it's trying to base shift points on driver (feel) , we know ECU can't read our adreniline levels no matter how bad the manufacturers want to try to sell the SMART AI, LoL!
If you want something cheaper than the pro racers package, you can opt for the SCT X-calibrator flash tool, and download the SCT Extreme tune software (its free to download). With that you can change tire sizes, rear gear ratios, all shift points, torque converter lock and unlock schedules, add 2 degrees timing and retard 5 degrees, set rev limiter and speed limiter, set shift firmness, change idle rpms, and set fuel trims at idle, part throttle and wide open throttle. Its what I have for my turbo truck, and I like being able to change that stuff, but not get too complicated like the racers package is.

Marlon

Old 03-31-2005, 08:56 PM
roddz170
Junior User
that sounds good, I know immed. good could come with some stronger shifts, and a bit of tourqe converter stall!