Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

April Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April

That's the problem Steve..............if only one voice is heard and no one else speaks up or shows up.................a second meeting in Central or Southern Illinois would be on the back burner.

Our Joilet meeting had new members, but all from over a hour or so drive out of the area.

Gilman saw two new members................they live about 12 blocks away from me and no one from the Gilman/Paxton area attended.

This is the problem we face planning meetings, we can plan and hold a meeting nearly any where.

If only the usual faces attend, we as the entire chapter gained nothing.

The Illinois chapter is just a few months old now.

We cannot be everything to everyone at this point.

Building the Illinois Chapter will take time, effort and participation.

This is the issue as Chapter Leader I wrestle with each month.

Do I plan a meeting in a new area only to have the usual faces attend, or stay where the members attend live?

I do not intend to ignore ANY Illinois members, it takes time and everyone pays their own way.

We need everyone to take the time and make the effort and expense to attend to expand further.

With out that, we will grow at a slower rate.

Perhaps we stand at a crossroads, which direction to take to expand and improve?

With out everyone speaking up or taking part........the road leads to a smaller growth rate.

Fastronald

Last edited by Fastronald; 03-16-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:33 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
Sunday April 3rd or 10th sounds ok.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
April Meeting

Okay.........the plain and simple is this..............with the degree of interest expressed and posted thus far, this is likely going to happen for April.

Unless a notable increase in interest is shown, the April meeting be held on Sunday the 3rd at 1:00 in Lombard at the Old Country Buffet on Roosevelt Road.

It is accessable from 355 rt. 83 - 88. It is on rt 38/Roosevelt road. I plan to take rt. 83 to 38 in Oak Brook and head west.

May is our Show/Picnic make plans to attend and mention that in the particaption thread.

June could be a Danville meeting ........IF........ there is the interest show by more than one member.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:48 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

April 3rd at the Old Country Buffet in Lombard sounds good to me. Carol and I will be there.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
O.c.b.

The Old Country Buffet is in the High Point Center and the address is 551 East Roosevelt Road. See you there, Fastronald

Old 03-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
April

The next Illinois Chapter meeting is a week away..............it would be nice to break last months attendance record.

See you there! Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Weather permitting, Carol and I might bring the 79 shortbed.

Old 03-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Pig Pen Jr
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fastronald
June could be a Danville meeting ........IF........ there is the interest show by more than one member.
If I may, the Rough Rangers Off Road Club is having their anual run called Chubfest at the Badlands in July. Maybe a chapter meeting the same weekend at the Attica Family campground... with a little wheeling thrown in.

Old 04-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
April

As has been the case for each meeting, the weather was perfect! We discussed various plans and options for meetings. Also, John and Carol will select a parking area/grove at Kankakee River State Park of our May show/picnic soon. They will post that information and directions.
We discussed having a July meeting to help John work on one of his trucks. The rear main seal has gone south and some of us will lend a hand to repair it.
Keep an eye on the May meeting/show thread for more information.
Thanks to all who attended, Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:21 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

The weather was very nice today for the meeting! I was able to get the 79 shortbed out for the first time since last October. Next weekend Carol and I will go over to Kankakee State Park and pick a grove that will be the location for the May truck show. Also, I will post directions on how to get to the state park for those who are not familiar with the area. That would be very cool if we could possibly fix the rear main seal on my 78 F150 at the July meeting! I think it would be a little too much work for me and Carol to handle on our own, but with help from other members of the Chapter, it would be no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
July

A July "Tech" session wrenching on your truck and all will be a great way to help out two loyal and dedicated Illinois Chapter members!

Fixing the truck?..............I'm in, no doubt about it.

Hope the weather keeps true to our meetings and May should be great as well.

Thanks, Fastronald