Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

gmc/chevy

Old 01-30-2005, 02:36 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
OK time for all to take a breadth.
I like this thread lets keep it going, don’t want to close it.

Old 01-30-2005, 04:34 PM
low
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
The industry will be at 18 within 3/5 years...on trucks!
You must meen when GM redoes their trucks, because Ford and Dodge are already there on 4WD models.

Old 01-30-2005, 05:05 PM
beano
Senior User
how much longer do you think it willl be before ford revamps their superduty. other than the grill the truck has looked the same scince 99. i think its time for a completly new look.

Old 01-30-2005, 07:42 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IMO Ford did the chassis this year...major changes, then in two to three out comes the new body....this is my own speculation...I have no proof of this, only dreamt it.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:46 PM
beano
Senior User
i hope they make some more changes. the current truck looks out of porportion. the rear is still the same ol. but with the front like it is.... i doesnt look right to me.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:03 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IMO the GMC/Chevy has a very "soft" front, (car style) the dodge is to big....large mouth bass type...and the Ford, well nothing soft about that front.
In your face kind of tuff looking, they even advertise it that way with low and long camera angles. Changes you first impression and how you remember that first view!

Old 02-01-2005, 12:10 PM
beano
Senior User
i had heard that ford made the changes this year to see the publics reaction. if all goes well for ford then they are going to make a truck kinda like the one in the toby keith video. any truth to this?

Old 02-01-2005, 12:22 PM
F-Deuce50
Senior User
Thumbs down GM Trucks

GMC/Chevy cannot make trucks anymore. That said. SUPERDUTY Will always sell and will always have the upper strength of a real workhorse. Want a fancy truck buy GM. Want a mans truck buy FORD.

FORD SUPERDUTY is why FORD is #1

And i'm not making any stupid comments BEANO, about who is superior. I found out when I test drove all the three. With GM in last , Dodge in second and yours truly in FIRST .

Last edited by Fordlover55; 02-01-2005 at 07:32 PM. Reason: changed sissy truck to fancy truck - brand bash
Old 02-07-2005, 12:36 AM
tkondro
Senior User
GMC made a few VHO or something like that with the 6.0 High Output motor, the same one found in the Chevy SS. Probably because some people didn't like the styling of the chevy. But I don't mind the chevy front end.

At one time the GMC Sierra did have a higher sticker price than the Silverado, but I am unsure about it now. We are only talking a couple hundred bucks, but probably because they used more material in their grille!??!? Or maybe more expensive to make the bumper, who knows.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:38 AM
Stab
Senior User
Originally Posted by F-Deuce50
FORD SUPERDUTY is why FORD is #1

And i'm not making any stupid comments BEANO, about who is superior. I found out when I test drove all the three.

You must have had the greatest test drive in the world if you could come to that conclusion on a test drive.

Did you manage to catch all four seasons when you went around the block? Various road conditions? Off road capability? Braking ability with a heavy load?

Does sound kinda silly to me that you figured this out on a "test drive".

Old 02-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Stab
Senior User
I also think all this aggressive in your face styling is only present to make little men feel like big men when the drive a "big and mean lookin' truck" to groecery store. I think that is why so many of the new "mean lookin'" trucks have the utlimate dufus symbol on them. For those that don't know the ultimate dufus symbol is a harley davidson sticker, a west coast choppers sticker, or a OCC sticker or any combination of such stickers.

It is almost like a redneck version of ricers.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:45 AM
F-Deuce50
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stab
You must have had the greatest test drive in the world if you could come to that conclusion on a test drive.

Did you manage to catch all four seasons when you went around the block? Various road conditions? Off road capability? Braking ability with a heavy load?

Does sound kinda silly to me that you figured this out on a "test drive".

Well did not go around the block, I jumped on the freeway for 2 0r 3 miles, I did do a well of enough test drive to suit my needs. I did a 0-60 run, braking from 60-0, I test drove the 4x4 on all three, did not do any off-roading but as it L.A. has the worse road conditions. So honestly, It was my $0.02 not yours, and the only thing silly about this is your reply.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:01 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
Originally Posted by beano
how much longer do you think it willl be before ford revamps their superduty. other than the grill the truck has looked the same scince 99. i think its time for a completly new look.
I'm going to assume that Ford will either change the Superduty to look just like the Toby Keith video "tonka truck" or it will change the look to be close to identical as the new F150. The reason I say this is because Dodge and Chevy both have heavy duty trucks that share a lot if not all of the same body panels as the half ton truck, which ends up costing the company a lot less money to build. With Ford losing sales, having tons of recalls, and having its success with the new F150, I could possibly see them going this route. Although I think the superduty is the nicest looking truck on the road and wish Ford would choose one style and stick with it rather than completely change the theme of their vehicle lineup every 4 or so years. Also, why doesn't Ford have a signature grille like Dodge and Chevy? Thats always puzzled me.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:45 PM
F-Deuce50
Senior User
Bigblue,

what do you mean by signature grille?

Old 02-07-2005, 01:49 PM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
I too like the 05's superduty look. Better then the older superdutys. Still doseant look as good as the 60's and 70's fords though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gmc/chevy