Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Get together maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:47 PM
ol yeller
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say we meet at the east side like before and if we can't park there we'll set up a sign to let folks know where we are. The folks at the track seem to be dead heads and are little of no help. that's all I can think of to do. Since it is a come and go swap meet it should't be a problem.

Ryan's, Golden Corral in Keller or Po Melvin's in Southlake. The vote starts now.

Old 03-12-2005, 09:49 PM
ol yeller
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is where I'm talking about

Originally Posted by MBDiagMan
Ol Yeller,

Is there not a Golden Corral or some such closer, or are my directions all screwed up? It seems like it's a pretty good distance to Lewisville from TMS. I will get a map.

There are two things we need to start thinking about; an actual landmark as TMS where we can all find each other and settle in with places to park our trucks and maybe set out a few lawn chairs so we can visit, the other is to go ahead and make it clear the date.

April 30 is a Saturday, so it would seem like if we started gathering about mid to late morning and then set a time to caravan for eats, that might work. One idea might be that for those who want to make a day of it can bring sandwiches, fast food or whatever for lunch and then have mealtime set for an early dinner, like 4:30 or 5:00. It might be better to have Dinner later because we would probably break up after that.

As far as where to meet, I don't know how crowded the raceway gets on swap meet weekend. I have been there before when something was going on and we went into the infield because my brother in law was crew chiefing for a Formula Mazda team. If the swap meet is on the parking lot like that event was, there was plenty of parking lot on the SouthEast side of the complex.

I will see if I can find anything out about the swap meet so we can see where it might be possible to get together.

Have a great day,
Doc

Old 03-13-2005, 09:07 AM
MBDiagMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ol yeller,

I think that you are right on the money with your decision. We need to download the map and mark on it where to meet and start promoting.

I will make it easy for you. I can go for either choice as far as eats goes.

Thanks for your work on this,
Doc