Aerostar Ford Aerostar

dang it's cold!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 05:51 AM
wettone
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dang it's cold!

Well, the yearly deep freeze is on! The other day(-40 with w/c) the front heater motor on my 92 shorty went. Just prior to the cold wether, the rear motor went. So as a stop gap, I removed the rear and installed it in the front. Replaced the front motor with a proper one after I ordered it.All back in place now. Here's the problem; The front motor isn't putting out enough airflow to properly defrost the windshield, in fact it's a losing battle as over a short while it ices up completely. I think IO may have a door not closing/opening properly in the system. Is there a breakdown view of the related components anywhere?
I don't want to take the dash apart in sub zero cold without having some idea of where to look......Thanks and happy new year!

Old 01-06-2005, 06:05 AM
CdnSoldier
Senior User
You should remove the motor and reinstall it. I have had the same problem. Also when you have it off. You can see the temp flap. Aeros have a problem with the defrost. The motor is too far from the vents.
A fello Canadian. from Ont in NB for now.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:02 AM
yendor
Senior User
wettone
Take it back out and make sure it is turning the right way,also make sure it is not rubbing on sides of couling any were.Ihave had fans that Ive put in that look the same and they turn the wrong way look good and sound good but blow the air the wrong way
in that case you will hardly get any air to come through,when you go down the road the wind and pressure will work against it so almost no air flow,did your fan motor have the blade on it when it came? If so look at them and see if it is different,could be backwards

Old 01-06-2005, 10:51 AM
koalamazed
Senior User
also, look down deep inside the ducting next time you have the motor out, you may find a wal-mart bag sucked up into the intake area of the ducts.

thats what I found anyways. since removal of the wally-world obstruction my fan works great!

Old 01-06-2005, 03:04 PM
wettone
Freshman User
Thanks for the advice! So quick too, LOL.

I hooked the front motor up as per colour(Orange/orange-black/black),
and just for fun, I reversed them. Blowing like a damn now. Confused, yes I am!
also notice whilst putzing around, the foam seal between the cowl and the heater plenum has a big piece missing......could be in the heater core blocking the way?Anyhow, thanks again, my mission should I choose to accept it etc. etc. Cheers all!

Old 01-06-2005, 03:29 PM
wettone
Freshman User
K, checked the fan side of the core, some leaves and misc debris but not too bad. It's warm out today(-30 with w/c). Maybe getting used to it?

Ah we Canucks are a hardy breed.LOL! Oh ya......YAY CANADIAN JUNIORS!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Old 01-06-2005, 05:21 PM
CdnSoldier
Senior User
Hey Wet.
Hope you keep the damn cold. Been nice out here. My home city, (Windsor, Ont). Is getting it now. But to the post. Ye mine was full for a 94. Also, take some foam and cut a hole in it. Install it with a lil contact glue. It will help. The foam gets old and falls off.
Hey CANADIAN Juniors !!!!!!!!!. And yes we are a hardy breed. Look at the US. The whole place is shut down.

Old 01-06-2005, 05:24 PM
wettone
Freshman User
Yep, in shock over the NON-medal they won.Hockey is Canada, Canada IS hockey, Period!