Propane Injection???? - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Propane Injection????

Old 01-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Post Fiend

Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995Ford250
Nice pic, who's truck is that? What has all been done to it?
www.dzljim.com
Old 01-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Posting Guru

444dieselrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.444dieselrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yea Kwik I saw that. Printed out a few pics and keep them with me in my folder at work for some "inspiration" to keep working When you posted the link to it around Christmas i checked out his entire website, pretty sweet set up. I am in the process of making lader bars like his, also. like the idea of being able to preload them, and it's a dirt cheap set up.

Quad, Totaly makes sense what you are saying, I still might play with the housing, but the more I look at injectors I see the same thing you are saying, once you get above a certain size injector they recomend the stock housing also.

Thanks for the insite, once the propane is on I will resurface this and need some assistance on tuning. I was playing around with a 20lbs cylinder the other day, even at idle you can tell a HUGE difference in the way the motor runs, I just cracked the valve and let it flow out the hose, set it next to the air filter and it was crazy, it definetly is a noticeable difference.

Diesel Rod
Old 02-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Posting Guru

444dieselrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.444dieselrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quad...

The PS2K system will be here today or tomorrow!!!! . and It will be installed this weekend so I kinda want to get a head start on the tuning of it. Like what is the base psi setting for it, when to have it start flowing, pretty much everything there is to this set-up. trying to find instuctions off the net, but not much luck.

Diesel Rod
Old 02-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Junior User

powershotone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Factory/Stock setting for Powerstrokes is 5psi start time. The flow setting to get close is close the fuel screw completely off, towards the minus, and go back out 4 full turns to start. From that point you can increase it in 1/4 turn increments till your satisfied. Quad will be along to help you I'm sure. Email the manufacturer to get a copy of the installation and adjustment instructions.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Posting Guru

Thanks powershotone. Will remember that, and any other input is realy appretiated from anyone who has this set-up. Want to know all the quirks to it, anyones experience good and bad in the tuning of it.

Diesel Rod
Old 02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Postmaster

Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The advice Powershotone gave you is dead on. From there, you can fiddle around with adjusting both things: increasing the flow 1/4 turn at a time until you hit detonation when hammering the throttle in 3rd with OD locked out; or lowering the boost "trigger" from 5psi to something lower. Again, the limiting factor is detonation.
If you're happy with the additional power at the default settings, don't push it, but if you want to get as much out of the system as possible, here's where mine is set right now: since I run at 3.5psi @ 2000rpm, I've got my "trigger" set at 4psi. I've got my flow screw out 4.5 turns from lightly seated. At WOT in 3rd with OD locked out, I don't detonate. Moving the "trigger" to 3.5psi, or backing the flow screw out another 1/4 turn, and I would. I'm living on the edge. I wouldn't recommend that, but it's your truck.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Posting Guru

Thanks Quad. Exactly what I was looking for, real world tuning. Will have to wait now till it is on and full of 'pane so I can test it out next week

Diesel Rod
Old 02-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Postmaster

Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Quadzilla is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Enjoy your tinkering, but proceed with caution. As it was stated to me by Dale Isley when I was first starting to mess around with my system:
'With propane, there are no little mistakes."