1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Complete unhappyness with 1999 ford ranger and 2002 ranger FX4

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 04:56 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone else hate ford because they build junk and do absolutely no quality control testing? Do I have a story to tell! Anyone have the 4.0L engine knock? How about the weak clutch pressure plate? What about the faulty transfer case? Bad drive shafts? Anyone want to sue ford? Any good lawyers out there? How about the bad rear axle seals, bad fuel pump, bad power steering pump?

Old 01-25-2002, 05:36 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't come here trolling for lawsuits with a user id like that. I'm VERY happy with my Ranger, thank you.

Old 01-25-2002, 05:49 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

I'm not looking for anything other than to inform people of the customer service that I have received and the complete inability to speak with anyone at Ford. You have to sue Ford to speak to anyone other than their customer support phone #, which as anyone who has contacted them know's that they know very little about technical issues. I now have owned two different models and have had nothing but problems. I know there are many ranger owners that have the knocking 4.0L engine, which Ford will replace by the way, so that your resale value doesn't go down the toilet. Also many ranger owners that should check into their weak drive shafts/clutch pressure plates, which are TSB's. Again, I don't want to cry like a little baby, just give people their right to know that Ford is aware of the many issues that I have to bring to the table.

Old 01-25-2002, 09:40 PM
cubster
Senior User

Look, you've come to the wrong place with an attitude like this!! If you have a legitimate problem try asking questions, not degrading the products on which the site is based. I wasn't born a "Ford Guy", I simply found a product that met my needs and exceeded them. I gave other manufacturers a try but they didn't meet my needs. If you had done any homework then you would have found out that, yes, Ford is and has had some quality issues not unlike other manufacturers. Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth went through their phase(remember the K-cars),and G.M. has been using the same engine/suspension/unibody structures in it's cars for over ten years. With any product you will have defects and other problems, their made by an imperfect machine, a human. It's places like this site that provide support and ideas to keep our chosen vehicles in tune and in shape so that they will bring us many more years of joy and usefullness. If you are so narrow-minded that you don't see this then your not looking in the right places. If you still own this vehicle and sincerly wish to resolve your problems with the dealer and the products quality concerns then enjoy yourself on this site, because there is no better place for a Ford truck owner to visit.

Old 01-25-2002, 10:19 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend

Also, ask for feedback, not fellow potential lawsuit buddies. You'd find you would probably get good advise as to how to deal with this, including the best ways to get the Ford DM to help resolve it.

Old 01-27-2002, 09:01 PM
frogman
New User

You won't get far with any large corporation jumping on the lawsuit bandwagon too quickly. There are procedures to follow when problems are not fixed to your satisfaction. I would check with your states' attorney generals office for advice.
Actually, my first experience with Ford was not a good one. They ended up buying back my 1999 conversion van. The dealer recognized the problem early and admitted they could not fix it, they even started the paperwork and worked with corporate, all I had to do was sign some papers. I have found that the attitude of the dealer makes a huge difference. Fortunately, my dealer is easy to work with. They were quite happy when we decided to buy another Ford with the proceeds from the buy back.
Currently I own a 2001 Windstar and a 2001 Ranger 4x4. The Windstar has 15,000 miles on it, the ranger has 9,000 and I have not had any problems with either one.

Old 01-28-2002, 09:08 AM
greenpus
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So are you saying that your 99 and 02 have had all these problems or are you just looking at common problems you have seen on the internet and are complaining about that.

If it was me and I had one truck that experienced all those problems then I would make Ford buy the truck back. Most states have a lemon law.

>Does anyone else hate ford because they build junk and do
>absolutely no quality control testing? Do I have a story to
>tell! Anyone have the 4.0L engine knock? How about the
>weak clutch pressure plate? What about the faulty transfer
>case? Bad drive shafts? Anyone want to sue ford? Any good
>lawyers out there? How about the bad rear axle seals, bad
>fuel pump, bad power steering pump?

Old 01-28-2002, 02:24 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

These are actual problems that I experienced primarily with my 1999 and Ford gave me a trade assist of $5000. Now my new 2002 FX4 needs a new transfer case w/ only 1000 miles on it? Why is my confusion? The transfer case failed the first snowstorm I have used it in.. Nice.. Quality is job zero?

Old 01-28-2002, 04:00 PM
greenskeeper
New User

since the t-case broke the first time you used it, in only 1000 miles it would be covered by the manufacturer. Chances are there was a defect in the t-case when it was assembled. Now if it was broken because of mis-use or abuse then you are at fault. Nothing is built perfectly - it is impossible. Most of the time a product is producted with the highest quality possible. It is impossible to make a 0% defect automobile, let alone something much less complicated. That is why new cars come with some type of warranty.

Seems as though we are talking to a brick wall though, huh guys?

Old 01-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Ken00
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>
>Seems as though we are talking to a brick wall though, huh
>guys?

I think you are right, might be better off just letting this post work it's way off the board.

Old 01-28-2002, 07:35 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

Uhu, uhu george which way did they go? Ok how about this one. If you paid 22,000 for a new 1999 truck and it fell apart. Again, new engine at 5000 mi., 2X trans due to to weak of a pressure plate, 4X driveshafts, rear axle seals, fuel pump, power steering pump and electrical issues, brake issues. All within the first 26,000 mi. Would you not be pissed? Who are you kidding.
Next, you say ok, its a lemon, the people on the assembly line fell asleep. Here Ford, take $5,000 more of my money, along with a $450 first year registration in colorado, higher insurance, taxes. Now I will instill confidence in your s$$$ box truck again and drive a now $28,000 ranger=23,500+5,000 loss on old s$$$ box. Then the new redesigned truck, after Ford CEO admits they are building junk and need to get back to quality, instead of buying up everyone, the transfer doesn't engage the first time I go to use it. Someone should have driven the truck and operated everything. It would only take maybe 15min./truck. I guess $23,500 isn't enough money for some flunky to push some buttons or pull some levers. FORD SUCKS. Japanese trucks don't nearly have the problems that American truck are having. I want to support America, but I don't have mega bucks to throw out the window on something that when the warranty expires I'm left with the bills. Call me whatever, because I could give a s$$$. I'm just looking for other 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and now 2002 rangers that have fallen apart. I know that they all have not, but I know quite a few have.

Old 01-28-2002, 07:56 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend

Okay gang... let not let this errupt into a flame war.

On one hand, we shouldn't slam a user because he's had a bad experience.

On the other hand, how can anyone come here and expect support when you visit a site called "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" and say "Ford Sucks." Coming into someone's home and insulting them it a sure way to get them to ask you to leave. You'll catch far more flies with honey.

Also, remember we are a family orient site and hiding expletives with $#!@ or other characters is not allowed.

Keep it civil, factual, and helpful. Conjecture about all Ford trucks based on yours and all Japanese trucks based on ???? is only insulting those of us who have had great experiences with our trucks.

To the parties on the other side of this thread, don't slam the guy. That's not what Ford Truck Enthusiasts is about. Offer advice as to handle the situation, who to contact, etc.

Please... let's be adults..... if it gets out of control again, the party doing it will lose posting privileges, regardless of the side they are on.

Old 01-28-2002, 09:03 PM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

Enough said, I was just stating my experiences owning a Ford product. No harm done. I understand your enjoyment of this website. I'm into another ranger that will only have the transfer case replaced, if I'm luckier than the last one. Therefore I can also utilize your website and gain information about my truck in the future.

Old 01-28-2002, 09:09 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend

Okay... so now the question to everyone here is.... how do we get his dealer to "make it right?"

Here's my take on Ford, I love their trucks but some of the **** poor dealerships have been allowed to get away with treating customers badly for too long.... and Ford's cutting of flat rate times doesn't help.

Have you contacted anyone at a district level to help you handle this? A dealer doesn't like getting bad marks from the DM!!!

Also, a stupid question but it needs to be asked... you're not driving on the street for extended periods with 4x4 on, are you?

Old 01-29-2002, 11:26 AM
fordtruckssuck
Freshman User

I must definetely agree with the **** poor treatment I've received from the dealer. They have told me to take my business elsewhere when I have asked, so why did you leave the coolant level half full and the hood completely crooked and the AC not recharged when you replace the engine. I was told go somewhere else if you don't like our work. This was at John Elway Ford Boulder, Colorado. The managers names that suck are Service director--Dave Wright, General manager--Brent Wood, and Sales manager--Jason ???
Next, came the rear axle seals and leaving the 9th of 10 bolts out, leaking gear oil all over the *** end of my truck. Again, no answers and don't like it, go somewhere else. Unbelievable! So what should I do, let them use my new truck as the tester for their shoddy work? Does anyone know of a good dealer in the Denver/Boulder area?

Quick Reply: Complete unhappyness with 1999 ford ranger and 2002 ranger FX4