6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Performance Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 09:03 AM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigF350
Matt, sounds good.
When are we expecting to get ET's?
And I know it is always bad to pre-empt times, but do you have any idea what it will run?
I know you were also looking at changing the suspension to improve high speed stability (I don't know why ) did you have any luck?
I will get some ET's as soon as I can get to the track, but it may be a little while before I am ready to make a run.

As for the suspension, UPS tracking shows the new sway bars arriving Thursday. I have been working with Truckin suspenson on a full air suspension setup- they already have a nice modified 4-link style suspension for the back, but a setup for the front will have to be fabricated. I should know some more by the end of the week- looks like around 1600 dollars for everything I will need (including the fabrication for the front) which is very reasonable...The 4-link style (its not an actual 4-link, as that would be too stiff for my application) should help get rid of the annoying 4x4 wheel hop it has now.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
dogdude2003
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey PSD...the dealer flashed my truck yesterday but couldn't tell me what the flash number was so I can have Innovations re-tune my SCT. Any ideas what the latest (past month) flash is? The dealer was in Nevada.
by the way...my truck is back and the injector #2 was replaced. I pulled the Edge Juice and flashed the SCT stock prior to bringing it in. The dealer I found out now is Mod friendly (no Banks or chips though) because the service advisor has the same truck and the Edge in his. At any rate...the injector is fixed and the truck runs good now. Hope it stays that way.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:16 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dogdude2003
Hey PSD...the dealer flashed my truck yesterday but couldn't tell me what the flash number was so I can have Innovations re-tune my SCT. Any ideas what the latest (past month) flash is? The dealer was in Nevada.
by the way...my truck is back and the injector #2 was replaced. I pulled the Edge Juice and flashed the SCT stock prior to bringing it in. The dealer I found out now is Mod friendly (no Banks or chips though) because the service advisor has the same truck and the Edge in his. At any rate...the injector is fixed and the truck runs good now. Hope it stays that way.
Just a reflash should not matter with the SCT, it should go right back in anyways. Mine was reflashed recently, and the SCT was not updated, it will work fine. The SCT is dependant upon the hardware version of the PCM (the 4 character identification tag you had to provide to get the SCT); the software is self-contained and flash information is irrelevant.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:44 PM
dogdude2003
Senior User
Jon at Diesel Innovations told me that if he doesn't update the tune for the recent flash...my truck might not start? I guess I could just try it. He hasn't responded to my email. The service advisor at the dealer told me the same thing as Jon at Innovations. Maybe it's so we don't go backwards on the flashing which has recent corrections or "fixes"?

Old 02-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Eric Brooks
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
Just a reflash should not matter with the SCT, it should go right back in anyways. Mine was reflashed recently, and the SCT was not updated, it will work fine. The SCT is dependant upon the hardware version of the PCM (the 4 character identification tag you had to provide to get the SCT); the software is self-contained and flash information is irrelevant.
This is not correct, the PCM code your talking about is related to what flash is on the computer.

It's best that your SCT tune is based off the latest flash from Ford.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:03 AM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Eric Brooks
This is not correct, the PCM code your talking about is related to what flash is on the computer.

It's best that your SCT tune is based off the latest flash from Ford.
Does this apply for both the Xcalibrator and Max tuner, or just the Max tuner?

Old 02-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Eric Brooks
The Superchips Max Microtuner will not work if the truck gets a new flash that is unrecognized. The Max Microtuner is designed to work for many different PCM codes, but if you buy one, then 6 months later Ford reflashes your PCM to a new code, and the Microtuner doesn't recognize it, you have to send in your Microtuner to have it updated.

The SCT Xcalibrator is not designed to work with every PCM code, just one, whichever is on your particular vehicle. So if the dealer updates your flash, its not going to work.

Diablo Predators work a little differently, when you connect it to your truck, it sucks out the tune on the computer, save a copy, modifys it, and rewrites it. If your truck is flash and its not a major revision, the Predator will still work. If it doesn't, they are easy to update from Diablo's website, as long as you have a power supply and serial cable.