Which is Better?

Old 10-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Eric Brooks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fit and finish of the Vortech kits are the best of any available as well. Every Procharger kit I have seen looked like some homemade hack.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Eric Brooks
I guess the Lightning guys with the KB's are slow, hehe.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:59 PM
BlueOvalBaker
Senior User
Lightning's have Eaton's in them, don't they? Like the GT40?

Old 10-13-2004, 02:05 PM
BlueOvalBaker
Senior User
I think what I'll do is go to an auction, buy a cheap car, and try it on it. If it works, I'll buy some polished metal or somethin, cover a vac motor with it, and hook up a relief valve. Now the prob is what about power? 110 volts isn't gonna run the car or truick very long.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Eric Brooks
Lightning come with Eatons, but alot of guys swap them out for Kenne Bells

Old 10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Serpentor
New User
Originally Posted by Crash!
With my 5-speed, I ran within .01 second of a KB equipped 4.6, with ONLY a K&N. Got it on video too. You can see the KB owners disgusted look...

I also question the integrity of their fuel system modes (Boost A Pump) because a fuel pump is designed to run on 12 V, NOT 17. Plus the KB is NOT intercooled.
This is such a BS typical red herring response to the BAP. Under 0 circumstances will a fuel pump die at up to 18 volts. The BAP does NOT reduce the life of the fuel pumps, PERIOD!

MYTH: "THAT EXTRA VOLTAGE WILL HURT YOUR PUMP"

FACT: The installation of the KB BAP will actually increase pump life by reducing its workload. BTW: the BAP only increases the voltage when required under boost conditions. It is a passive system otherwise.

FACT: KB consulted the major suppliers of fuel pumps and they concurred that operating their pumps at the elevated voltages used with the BAP has little if any effect on pump life EVEN IF THE BAP IS OPERATED FULL TIME (instead of passively). Therefore, the BAP may be activated full time if desired. The regulator merely returns the unused fuel to the tank via the return line much the same as any larger pump would do (or the pcm would control overall pulsewidth to the injectors if a returnless system).

FACT: The BAP is NOT limited to the KB kits. They can be used in conjunction with ANY combination, supercharged, turbocharged, nitrous, or N/A.

Go Procharger or Allen. The two BEST systems on the market, and YES I have owned both and now the turbocharger on the same platform. I know what works for these trucks based on experience.
As much as a like the ATI blower (their kits suck), there is simply no replacement for displacement when it comes to blowers. The twin-screw KB system system is the most efficient blower on the market, period. I know what works, period! You obviously are biased.

Get a good intercooled kit that make plenty of power out of the box. Oh, and the Allen/Magnacharger ONLY makes more power that a Procharger in the lowest 500-750 RPM. Then they drop off on the top end (About the time you shift), where the Procharger is PULLING HARD through 5600-6000 RPM. NO LAG, just time to hook and leave without smoking the meats...
Say what? Oh really now? Maybe the Magnacharger, yes, but it's only a glorified hEaton repackaged! Let's talk power #'s for a moment. Here's a dynograph of an ATI '02 Z06 versus a KB '03 Cobra. The Z06 has Long Tubes, No Cats, X-Pipe, Catback, and A&A ATI kit, which, btw, is more efficient than the factory ATI kit dude to an upgraded intercooler and plumbing. The '03 Cobra has the KB, CAI, Catted X-Pipe, and Catback. The tuning was performed by the same tuner, each within 1 day of each other. As you can CLEARLY see, the KB twin-screw equipped Cobra destroys this ATI centrifugal equipped Z06, even up to 7k rpms!

Don't make me school you further, boy.

Last edited by Serpentor; 10-13-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
94F150-408
Posting Guru
Seems like some really good information Serpentor, and I'll have to agree with Eric too, it just seems as though crash just dont like some SC's without any real backing on it. Seems as though alot of people HAVE had good results with KB.

Crash, your tall tale on winning against a truck with a SC and all you had for add-ons is a K&N filer,is just that, a tall tale. Obviously there was something wrong, so of course it would be worth recording, maybe you were able to get someone to believe that the KB superchargers are that worthless, with your great "proof"?

Old 10-18-2004, 09:16 AM
mooktank
Elder User
you need to look at what you're doing with the blower. strait up centrifugals are always beaten by turbos. Off road I'd say either trubo or kb with kb probably a little better down low.