2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

soft cover bed?/ Access??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 09:27 PM
flagator84
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Access Cover

I purchased the Access Cover for my SCrew and I really like it! Very versatile and I hear no noise when driving at high speeds. I bought the cover online and installed it myself with no problems at all. Paid about $360 which included the taligate seal. I do see a small flutter at high speeds but it is not bad at all. There is a clever cam design which tightens the cover when it is engaged a tenision adjustment which is very simple and works well. There is also a lifetime warranty. To me, this is better than a hard cover or roll cover mainly because of verstility. The roll up cover takes up precious bed space. It just depends on how you plan to use your truck. If you are planning on hauling things, the hard covers are not practical in my opinion. Even if they are light and easily removable, when you're at the Home Depot, they won't store the cover for you. Anyway, that is my 2 Cents worth. The Access cover works great for my situation. You just have to evaluate your use of the truck and pick the cover which works for you. Just like everything else, each type of cover has its pluses and minuses.

Old 08-22-2004, 09:31 PM
YOMAN
Elder User
Since almost 2 weeks and am happy with it..

Now Question,

How to keep Access cover (black) look good as new and last longer like UV etc? 303 ?

Thanks
YOMAN!

Old 08-23-2004, 08:19 PM
EMB135Driver
Junior User
Question for all you guys with Access or Truxedo covers......Truxedo states that they have rubber seals on all 4 sides to keep stuff dry. I can't find anything about the sealing of the Access covers beyond the Velcro fastening. Do the Access Covers have a rubber watertight seal as well, or is it just the velcro.

I am torn between the 2....looks like 382 for the Access on the internet, and 393 for the Truxedo.....help--which one should i get?

Old 08-23-2004, 10:29 PM
BreezyRacer
Freshman User
The Access cover seals 2 long edges and the tailgate. They do provide an optional rubber gasket for the front. I have to say though, that I've driven in very heavy rain and been surprised at how dry everything stayed, even in the front corners.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:53 PM
rljphx
Junior User
I have the Extang lo-profile cover. Rubber seals front and tailgate. Velcro on the sides. Stays dry.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:48 AM
flagator84
New User
Thumbs up Access Cover Seals

The front and tailgate seals of the Access cover are formed as simply a "rolling" type seal. When you close the tailgate, there is a piece of the cover that "rolls" between the cover frame the top of the tailgate. The same type of seal is on the front of the cover, but it is of course stationary. When I installed the cover, I was questioning this type of seal. However, I have driven in driving rain storms and things in the bed have not gotten wet. The seals seem to work well. There is an optional tailgate seal you can purchase, but this seal is for the perimeter seal of the tailgate, not where the Access cover seals with the top of the tailgate. So, the front and rear seals, combined with the Velcro seal on the sides, in my opinion, the Access cover seals very well.