Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   soft cover bed?/ Access?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/267140-soft-cover-bed-access.html)

YOMAN 08-02-2004 08:20 AM

soft cover bed?/ Access??

I m so confused...I have FX4 supercrew '04 and am looking for reasonable price on softcover bed 5.5'.

how about access roll up ?? i cant affrod $500 and up!

Any tips? advice?? who got the best price?

Thanks!
YOMAN!

dwitteman 08-02-2004 10:04 AM

I would recomend giving Truxedo soft covers a good look. I had a regular Truxedo on my 01 Supercrew and just put a Truxedo Low Profile on my 04 Supercrew. Totally satisfied. Truxedo has a great website for info. and if you type in Truxedo on ebay there are several dealers selling there and you can pick one up for well under $400. Several good manufacturers out there, however, based on my experience I am confident you will be happy with a Truxedo.

Mezmo 08-02-2004 10:28 AM

I put a tonneau master low profile, no bars, it just rolls right up. It was cheaper
than the access. I paid right around $300 for it.
No complaints.

les017 08-02-2004 10:55 AM

I have the Access Limited and think it's great. I do not have experience with any other roll up snap-less, but I really didn't look around much. Access had what I wanted and I personally preferred the Access method of tensioning adjustemnt.

Surplusequipment.com has Access Limited for $445 shipped. I got mine at a better price since I did an Access Cover/Bedrug/TrailSeal combo.

Good luck though...I hear a lot of good about both Access & Truxedo

YOMAN 08-02-2004 07:41 PM

I found a local store that sell me for $390 Access roll up what do you think??

YOMAN!

samia 08-03-2004 04:55 AM

I went with the access and like it alot. I think I paid around $360. Bought it off the internet. I would buy locally if they were close in price.I would rather see my money spent locally then mail ordering, but local dealers wouldn't budge on price.($450-$500)
Just my 2 cents.

BreezyRacer 08-03-2004 11:53 AM

Don't you guys with the Access covers hear them vibrating in the wind at speed? I do and it drives me crazy.

YOMAN 08-03-2004 01:10 PM

Whos care about noise? ohhh wait.. i m deaf hahaha!!

YOMAN!

les017 08-03-2004 04:09 PM

I don't hear anything - even with the rear slider open. Maybe the tension adjustment? I followed the procedures carefully, INCLUDING using the scale. Just a thought.

mrmanners 08-03-2004 05:44 PM

I purchased a Lund Genisis Hinged cover for my 04 Lariat Screw. Pictures are avail in my gallery. Very happy with it. Picked it up for under 300 bucks on the web.

If you get one, make sure you use the extra braces for the front rail. You will see them in the box as a seperate item with instructions for their use.

5.4Crew 08-03-2004 06:05 PM

I really like my Access cover. Got it locally for $399, a bit more than I found it online but I'm with samia, I like to do business with the local shops. Plus I got the instant gratification. I used the scale too when I installed it. Doesn't make a sound when I'm on the highway so maybe it is the tension adjustment.

BreezyRacer 08-05-2004 03:10 PM

Les017,
Thanks for the tip about the scales. I had it installed by a local dealer and I went out and shecked it after reading the info over. It only had 20 lbs of tension. I've adjusted it and I'll know soon. Hopefully that will fix my noise. Thanks!

79REK 08-05-2004 07:56 PM

I bought an Access cover for my Screw locally for $389. I really like the ease in which is rolls up and stores. It does let a little more water into the bed while driving in rain than the Sportmasters I had on my '97 but the snaps on the Sportmasters was a pain. Has anyone put the tailgate seal on that's available from Access? $29 seamed a little high to me. Also, I've never noticed any noise coming from the cover, although you can see it moving quite a bit at highway speeds.

BreezyRacer 08-08-2004 08:25 PM

In case anyone else reads this post and worries about the noise. I totally uninstalled and then reinstalled the Access cover asnd the noise problem is gone. My dealer made quite a few install errors and I suppose I should have done myself the first time. The cover is now good, and quiet.

ShadowV10 08-22-2004 08:44 AM

Access roll up cover..good choice

I've had my Access limited cover for about a year and a half now on my F-250 V10. I'm delighted with it ! The ease of having the cover stays roll up with the cover and having full access to the bed of my truck for tall "stuff" tells me I made the right choice. I bought mine locally and it was the dealer's first install. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling myself to get it lined up perfectly. The written instructions with the cover are a bit lacking but the photos on the instruction sheet pretty much make installing it a snap I'd estimate about a 2 hour or less install. I do recommend, though, a thin strip of foam sealer tape between the front of the bed and the metal tensioning strip of the cover to keep out rain. Mine leaks a little at that point but none on the sides or back.