Computer Chips & Tuners  

Superchips 6.0 Microtuner Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fish4bass
Vic, can you answer the ? above about the 03's?

ok...

Any flash prior to 9/29/03 is not supported.
This is not negotiable, the tuner will not flash it and we will NOT support it.

Flashes after 9/29/03 are supported. If you have an 03 truck with a flash from after the correct date, then the tuner will work.

If you attempt to program a truck with a stock file released from Ford before 9/29/03, the sky will fall and Sylvester Stallone will release another trilogy of Rocky movies.

seriously.....
The tuner will reject any unacceptable flashes and will not allow you to install our program until you have had an update from Ford.
This is no big deal....once the tuner tells you to go to Ford for an update and you have them update it, you can install our program immediately as the tuner will recognize the reflash.

Hope this clears things up...

Old 04-29-2004, 07:30 AM
fish4bass
Junior User
Thanks, I have the Oct 03 flash so I should be OK.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:30 PM
blown5.4
Senior User
Originally Posted by Vic_Ferrari
The tuner will give you the ability to set the truck back to stock at any time. It will restore whatever program was in the truck before you plugged our product in. Codes will be erased (not just hidden, but erased) so there will be no way they can tell tuning was installed.

We aren't pushing these things too hard.....boost is still reasonable and EGT's are low.
The tuning will not cause a failure in the vehicle (this has been tested extensively), and should you ever have an issue with your truck....ALWAYS restore the stock program before going to the dealer.
If you follow this procedure, you will not have any warranty issues.

There were some serious problems with the 6 Liter (especially initially, so Ford has seen a number of failures in stock trim). If a trip to the dealer is necessary for any reason, ALWAYS return the truck to stock first.
are you saying that the predator only hides the codes and not erases them

Old 04-29-2004, 04:39 PM
blown5.4
Senior User
2 cobras-
Any Superchips tuner can be updated (provided there is an update available).If there is no update available and your situation requires an update (drivaility issue, need for recalibration, etc...we will create an update for you if necessary)

softwizard-
I'm ready to go head to head =o)
Are they?
take it easy no need to start any wars here that is not what this is about.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
blown-5.4

I did not say that at all.

I've never used a Diesel predator before.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
blown 5.4-

Who said anything about wars?
I was speaking of the comparison that Motorhaven is going to do between the Superchips 1704 and the Predator.
I'm looking forward to the results.
Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition =o)

Old 04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
blown5.4
Senior User
i was just asking if that was what you were hinting at not trying to put words in your mouth sorry if it came out wrong.

Old 04-29-2004, 04:44 PM
blown5.4
Senior User
blown 5.4-

Who said anything about wars?
I was speaking of the comparison that Motorhaven is going to do between the Superchips 1704 and the Predator.
I'm looking forward to the results.
Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition =o)
i know that and you know that but there are those that don't understand just making sure it is clear to everybody of what you meant

Old 04-30-2004, 08:40 AM
macvtt
Junior User
Vic.
First off thanks for the fast replies.
I know you can only program one truck at a time with one programer, but can you program a different truck then the original one programed? I thought maybe it burned the VIN in the programer. Thanks again

Old 04-30-2004, 12:01 PM
pappy42
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vic,
In your testing; have seen any indication of cooling fluid overflow from the coolant tank?

Old 04-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by macvtt
Vic.
First off thanks for the fast replies.
I know you can only program one truck at a time with one programer, but can you program a different truck then the original one programed? I thought maybe it burned the VIN in the programer. Thanks again
Once The first truck is set back to stock, it will work on another.
It will save the stock programs again when it sees that they are different than the 1st upload.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
coolant

Originally Posted by pappy42
Vic,
In your testing; have seen any indication of cooling fluid overflow from the coolant tank?
Never.
I TRIED to make this happen.
I loaded the thing on the dyno more than any trailer could replicate....so much load the truck could not out accelerate the load at any RPM in any gear. (***Strap your truck to a sea wall, then somehow create a situation where you have almost 100% traction {which won't happen}...then PULL!)
This is similar to the type of loads I introduced the truck to.
***DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME**

I tried to get the oil temp as hot as possible, still no problems.
These programs are top notch and the boost levels are responsible.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:57 PM
wapitihunter
New User
vic,
were the dyno tests run on a stock truck (i.e. no intake, exhaust changes)?
also, what modifications does Superchips recommend if any before running the program? Will egts be at a safe level if no modifications are made?
thanks

Old 04-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Vic_Ferrari
Posting Guru
stock truck

Originally Posted by wapitihunter
vic,
were the dyno tests run on a stock truck (i.e. no intake, exhaust changes)?
also, what modifications does Superchips recommend if any before running the program? Will egts be at a safe level if no modifications are made?
thanks
These tests were done on 100% stock trucks.

Of course, I have my own EGT thermocouples and Boost measuring devices for the dynos data acquisition, not to mention live data acquisition for any engine parameter. I monitored all of this constantly, but the trucks were stock.
For road testing, we installed gauges (boost and EGT) in the trucks and again used live data acquisition.
I think I've driven diesel trucks in the last few months more than my own car since I have bought it =o)

EGT's are safe on a stock truck.
I PERSONALLY recommend that anyone with a diesel truck (stock or modified) should have boost and EGT gauges....it's just a good thing to do.
Intake and exhaust upgrades are always a plus, but are NOT necessary to use any of our programs.

Old 04-30-2004, 03:01 PM
vellingapa
Senior User
Vic,

Are you guys seeing much of an improvement mpg wise in the economy setting??? (not via the lie-o-meter as we know a pogrammer will make the meter more optimistic then it already is).

EGT wise - in stock configration are you seeing numbers that are lower or higher then stock. - I've been hearing rumors that the predators EGTs may be lower then stock unless your into the trottle of course. I personally would like to avoid adding guages, exaust as it just tells Ford that your into modding your truck and likely running a chip.

Anyway, I'm not into racing, hotroding, etc. What I'm looking for a reliablity, performance and fuel economy. If the progammer can help in that regard (enough to more then pay for itself) and if it can provide for added features like the diagnotics, etc then great.

Most of the time my truck is a daily driver unladden 350 CC SB. It tows on a semi-regular basis a three horse trailer weighing around 8,000 when full which it rarely is..... One of these days I 'might' get a bigger trailer but that will be awhile.

Quick Reply: Superchips 6.0 Microtuner Thread