New rebate protection from FMC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Chaps
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New rebate protection from FMC?

Jeff, I just spotted this announcement on another site, so oh sage one please enlighten us who grovel at your feet . . .

"Ford is pleased to provide the new online Retail and APR Rate Order Protection Program.
All customers who order any eligible Ford vehicle during a Retail Cash or APR incentive program period (minimum of 30 days in duration) are eligible to have the incentive (capitalized cost for retail purchases or customer cash) protected at the levels of the incentives in effect at the time of their order. An additional provision allows scheduled stock orders to be converted to retail customer orders and also be protected"

Old 02-14-2004, 08:42 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, this sage doesn't have a clue! It's certainly news to me. Can you tell me where you found it? I'll certainly research it, but I can't find it anywhere in Ford's system.

Old 02-14-2004, 08:44 AM
OTHG_MIKE
Junior User
Ford should offer some kind of protection on incentives with the hold up that seem to be happening on ordered trucks. You should be able to lock in a rebate and special financing and carry it through to delivery. I know if the special financing goes away before my truck gets delivered I wont take it, I won't be able to take it. And if the incentives are better at the time of delivery they should apply.

Old 02-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Chaps
Senior User
Jeff, it was posted by the Ford dealer in Calif. who participates in the "ordering" forum at ford-trucks.com, Bobby Williams.

Old 02-14-2004, 10:22 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Thanks- I just e-mailed Bobby Williams; as soon as I get an answer I'll post it here.

Old 02-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Chaps
Senior User
So Jeff, my guy is pleading ignorance. You posted that it's the real deal but the dealer has to apply for it. I realize this is very new and not well distributed info yet. I don't want to create a problem pressing the issue with him unless I have an exact document or FMC web page I can refer him to. You got anything like that?

Old 02-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Chaps
Senior User
OK, no sweat on the previous post - my guy found it - thanks for everything!

Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 PM
jmedic911
New User
Jeff,

Do you have any more info on this program? Is it legit? If so, how does it work? If you request rebate protection and incentives get better, do you get the better rebates? Can you lock rebates on already ordered vehicles? I don't expect much if any rebate changes here...63376...but my EWD is 3/1. Thanks for any input that you have.

John

Old 02-18-2004, 09:28 AM
RingwoodSid
Freshman User
Hi

A local dealer told me if I order a vehicle, he could lock in the rebate as soon as he has the VIN from the factory. If the rebate goes up he said he could unlock it and I could get the higher amount.

How can I find out when a ordered vehicle gets assigned a VIN?
Is there any way to track a vehicles production?

Thanks,
Ring

Old 02-18-2004, 10:38 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Just have your dealer look up the Rebate/ Rate Order Protection Program. Once a VIN is assigned, he can go in and lock in any rebate on your vehicle that's at least 30 days in duration. So, the quickie, 1-week "bonus" rebates aren't eligible. There's a VOPC hotline number you can call to find out the status of your order, but your dealer has to be willing to give you his dealer code for you to access it. And yes, if rebates go up, you'll get the higher rebate. This program just makes sure that your basic rebate doesn't go down, or that the rate doesn't go up, from where you ordered it.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:03 PM
F15099
Freshman User
Rebate protection question

1956 MarkII:

I have a small dealer in south georgia (about 25 miles from where I live) which I have made a good connection with and would like to order a vehicle from. They are willing to sell the F250 crew cab V-10 2wd at invoice. I spoke with them today and they stated they had not heard of the rebate protection program and were 90% confident it did not exist. Is there a number or place I can direct them to find this program? Is this program regional or national?
Also on another thread you mentioned something about the number of trucks ordered in a quarter and the effect on build and deliver date. Can you enlighten me about what constitutes a quarter and how to inquire about the effect this may have on ordering a truck?

I wish you were closer to North Florida I would just order from you. Do you ship????

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:51 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
First of all, check your FTE e-mail.

I mis-spoke when I talked about "quarterly allocation." It's actually done monthly but can sometimes stretch out thru a whole quarter. We dealers are given (allocated) a certain number of trucks we can order each month. If we're allowed 5 of a certain model and order all 5 in the first week, we can't order any more till the following month. If you came in and ordered one after we just ordered those 5, your order's going to sit until next month. How do you find out the details? You can't. No dealer's going to tell you that he used up his orders and your's is going to sit till it grows mold. I brought it up in the first place to explain how a guy in Oregon can order a Lariat and have it in 4 weeks, whereas your truck's been on order for 6 weeks and the dealer still doesn't have a clue as to when it will arrive. It's all about allocation.

Yeah, I wish I was closer to North Florida , too! Actually, I'll be in Tampa next week. 60 degrees there is going to feel like 100 to me! We don't ship YET, but I'm working on it. I should say ship "reasonably," 'cause you'd wind up paying me a whole lot more than invoice to get the truck to you. Now, you COULD order for a late spring delivery, then come pick it up in person and drive it home. The month of June here in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State can be one of the nicest places on Earth. We serve some pretty fine BBQ, too.

Old 02-19-2004, 08:13 PM
F15099
Freshman User
1956 MarkII:

Thanks for the reply and I forgot I recently changed my email address. I have updated it in my profile. Any hint on how to get the dealer close to me to find out information on the rebate protection program. I posted the details of what they told me when I asked them about it in the previous post. Thanks so much for your help.

Old 02-19-2004, 08:15 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
That's what I e-mailed you, here, through FTE. If it didn't work then try to e-mail me through my "profile."

Last edited by 1956MarkII; 02-19-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:40 PM
F15099
Freshman User
1956MarkII:

I must plead ignorance on how to check email through FTE. I have never done this before. Can you tell me how to get to this section?

Thanks.