Oil & Lubrication  

Wal-Mart SuperTech as good as anything else?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 10:53 AM
motorguy222
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile SuperTech Manufacturer

Hi.I am writing to try and clear up what seems to be a common misunderstanding.Warren Oil Company of North Carolina which recently bought out Coastaol Unilube is not the manufacturer of SuperTech motor oil.Warren Distribution/Warren Performance Products of Nebraska are the SuperTech oil people.Warren Dist./WPP are also the makers of the Mag1 and Polar brands.Warren Oil Co. and Warren Disr./WPP are not associated in any way and are 2 different companies with different owners.This is a reply from Warren Dist./WPP:"Yes we are one of the manufacturers of Super Tech. We are Warren
Distribution and have no affiliation with the company Warren Oil. Our
headquarters is in Omaha and the headquarters for Warren Oil is Dunn,
NC. To my knowledge, Warren Oil is not a manufacturer of any Super Tech
products." The Warren Dist./WPP web sight is at www.wd-wpp.com Hope this clears this misunderstanding up.

Old 03-24-2004, 03:14 AM
Lone_Ranger01
Senior User
My Wal-Mart gets their oil from Warren Dist. but they get their Pwr Steering and break fluid from QS.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:10 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Actually, it appears that Wally buys oil from several suppliers.

A guy from Houston who works at the Shell oil plant says that he sees ST running on the line all the time. He checked and his plant ships to TX and 10 surrounding states.

Remember, Shell now owns PZ-QS, so here is the QS connection again.

The guy who posted the info on WD-WPP lives in St. Louis, adn Warren is in Nebraska, so it makes sense that his oil could be coming from Warren. Even the quote for Warren says that WD-WPP is one of the manufacturers of ST oil.

BTW - The guy at the Shell plant checked with the chemists, who told him that the ST oils are pretty much the same standard oil blends made at that plant.

Old 03-24-2004, 09:17 AM
jimlj
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used ST oil and filters in the past with no problems. I even started using their 2 cycle oil in my snowmobiles. At under $6.00 a gallon, I was scared at first, but used it all winter with no problems. All of the ST products that I have used say they meet all mfg requirements. I'm shure there will be people with storys of how a certain oil or filter wrecked their engine, but I think you will have that with every one reguardless of who they are or the price of their products.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:28 PM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
Supertech is a fine oil and you cant get any better than a $6.57 oil change. any api rated oil will be pefrect for your engine. i use supertech in my truck with purolater oil filters a good combinination. i dont like ST filters cause my oil always gets dirter after 800 miles or so with the purolater it stays clean for 4 or 5 thousand miles. the ST wont hurt your motor i just think it sucks for filtering oil.