Ford Excursion lift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 12:50 PM
Martin's
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Excursion lift?

Hello, I'm new here, and I'm from the Czech Republic I have a question for you, a request for advice... Some Friday, I have a lift on the car with 3" front and 4" rear leaf springs and shock absorbers, of course it's already a sight to behold 😂 I have currently boiled the whole car and am preparing it for spraying with Raptor 🤟🏻 My question is: there are left rear pads under the leaves with calipers (3") and so I think I would buy 3" further forward... And now to make it make sense and work... 🤷🏻 I think it would require extended front brake hoses and the same for the rear, then probably a lowered steering lever,... I'm not sure about the *******, or longer front stabilizer bars... What do you think, does it make sense to solve this or buy a complete set of chassis and replace it again? Thank you in advance for reading this far and possibly for your answer 🙏🏻😅 Thanks Martin's

Old 04-22-2024, 07:31 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 835 Likes on 574 Posts
Welcome Martin!

We have a really great Excursion section here on the forum, you might want to jump in over there to ask your questions to a group of fellow Excursion owners. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/

With just 3” of lift on the front axle you should not need a new dropped or lowered pitman arm, which is the steering lever.
And yes, you will want the longer brake hoses with a lift.
I am sure that your big lifted SUV is a sight to behold in the Czech Republic, there can’t be very many of the big wagons over there!
Your English is much better than my Czech, and I don’t fully understand some of what you asked. When you drop in over in the EX forum there will be lots of owners there that will be happy to help with your questions.