2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2024 orders - what is yours?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 09:09 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
4/12 - ordered
4/18 - received vin amd scheduled for week of 5/13

2024 cclb with the 7.3
lariat ultimate
Star white
chrome package
Snow plow prep
Dual Alternator/ dual batteries
and a few other things

All my past super dutys for personal and my business have been diesel expect 1 6.2 gas as a service truck.
I hope the 7.3 doesn't let me down. I was impressed on the multiple test drives I had in them.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:00 PM
MontanaHauler
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadhunter
Rapid Red with HO 6.7
Were is it located - what dealer?
The one I looked at above was in Alberta and was white. I am waiting for a Rapid Red one.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:02 PM
1mrucker
Trailering
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went ahead and picked up the Limited. F350, Black with the factory Winch and Retractable Tonneau Cover, you know the rest. I would not have ordered those myself but the opportunity came up so I took it. The HO Powerstroke is very smooth and quiet, very nice. I have had a couple Rams but the Powerstroke impresses more so. My wife was bitchin at first but she soon calmed down when I turned on her heated massage seat, This Limited interior is like an S Class Mercedes. We put about 400 miles on the beast this weekend and she quickly realized the benefits to the Limited on Road Trips, she is no longer bitchin. I will be putting a decent sized Camper on the truck at times, Approx. 3000# but that won't begin to test this Limited, I will post a picture soon. I did grab a Locking hub from the dealer and replaced the Right side as soon as I got home and I still need to install the vacuum lines from the driver side over to the passenger side though. The dealer contacted me and the lines have been delivered to the dealership, I did not like the idea of driving around half locked, doesn't seem right to me.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:22 PM
MontanaHauler
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 1mrucker
I went ahead and picked up the Limited. F350, Black with the factory Winch and Retractable Tonneau Cover, you know the rest. I would not have ordered those myself but the opportunity came up so I took it. The HO Powerstroke is very smooth and quiet, very nice. I have had a couple Rams but the Powerstroke impresses more so. My wife was bitchin at first but she soon calmed down when I turned on her heated massage seat, This Limited interior is like an S Class Mercedes. We put about 400 miles on the beast this weekend and she quickly realized the benefits to the Limited on Road Trips, she is no longer bitchin. I will be putting a decent sized Camper on the truck at times, Approx. 3000# but that won't begin to test this Limited, I will post a picture soon. I did grab a Locking hub from the dealer and replaced the Right side as soon as I got home and I still need to install the vacuum lines from the driver side over to the passenger side though. The dealer contacted me and the lines have been delivered to the dealership, I did not like the idea of driving around half locked, doesn't seem right to me.
The Limiteds are very nice, my wife enjoys the nice interior and seats on our 2020.
The truck came with only one locking hub? Who would want that option? Unfortunately, the front differential is not locking. I have have instances where only one front wheel was spinning in the snow.
Enjoy!

Old 04-23-2024, 08:56 PM
Roadhunter
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Which dealer

Originally Posted by MontanaHauler
Were is it located - what dealer?
The one I looked at above was in Alberta and was white. I am waiting for a Rapid Red one.
This dealer is in Drumheller Alberta which is about 80 miles from Calgary. I spoke to the Dealer Principal and apparently this truck was originally ordered in 2022 and got bumped until this year. Looks like the original purchaser maybe declined to take it?

Old 04-24-2024, 07:27 AM
TestPilot57
5th Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I did grab a Locking hub from the dealer and replaced the Right side as soon as I got home and I still need to install the vacuum lines from the driver side over to the passenger side though. The dealer contacted me and the lines have been delivered to the dealership, I did not like the idea of driving around half locked, doesn't seem right to me.
Originally Posted by MontanaHauler
The Limiteds are very nice, my wife enjoys the nice interior and seats on our 2020.
The truck came with only one locking hub? Who would want that option? Unfortunately, the front differential is not locking. I have have instances where only one front wheel was spinning in the snow.
Enjoy!
Yes, tell me more about the "one locking hub".

BTW, a front LSD is available with the Tremor package, and the main reason I considered the Tremor. However, it also raises the height "about 3 inches" which means it probably wouldn't have fit in my garage so I passed.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:50 AM
llr350
5th Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Received my truck on Monday. About 3 months from order.

My son works at the dealer and happened to see it being delivered.

Finally home and the reason for the truck in the background.

Old 04-25-2024, 06:23 AM
1mrucker
Trailering
In 2024 unless you have a Tremor with the front Limited Slip Differential Ford has taken away the option for locking and unlocking the right front axle. There is quite a bit in the Forum about this. I use 4x4 in snow and ice basically so when I know I need it I will lock the right axle myself. I am thinking about not even running the vacuum line for the Auto option, just another leak point for the Vacuum system. The early 24's have this line from the factory but later 24's do not. I have it incase I decide to put it on at some point but 98% of the time I am unlocked. Like I said I don't want half the front axle spinning continuously as I do mostly highway driving.

Old 04-25-2024, 07:03 AM
TestPilot57
5th Wheeling
In 2024 unless you have a Tremor with the front Limited Slip Differential Ford has taken away the option for locking and unlocking the right front axle.
So it literally is a 4x3 from the factory? I wonder how long it will be before a class action suit is entered against Ford for advertising 4x4 and even putting the decal on some trucks.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:35 AM
Ford8502
More Turbo
Received 274 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by TestPilot57
So it literally is a 4x3 from the factory? I wonder how long it will be before a class action suit is entered against Ford for advertising 4x4 and even putting the decal on some trucks.
No, the front passenger wheel is always locked. They took away the ability to unlock it.

Old 04-25-2024, 09:33 AM
excgoalie
Mountain Pass
Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford8502
No, the front passenger wheel is always locked. They took away the ability to unlock it.
Won't that decrease the life oh the bearing and put more stress on that wheel being locked all the time?

Old 04-25-2024, 09:41 AM
Ford8502
More Turbo
Received 274 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by excgoalie
Won't that decrease the life oh the bearing and put more stress on that wheel being locked all the time?
That's why some guys are putting in the lock/auto version on the passenger side to match the drivers side, like they've been for years. Also, Ford has a TSB to do the same for trucks with a vibration (unless they are lifted).

Old 04-25-2024, 07:17 PM
1mrucker
Trailering
The truck is a 4x4 but now the right side has a hub that cannot be unlocked. When you put the truck in 4x4 only the left side needs to lock by vacuum. The right side cannot be unlocked. But you can install a hub that will unlock. Apologies if I confused the issue.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:41 AM
TestPilot57
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Ford8502
Oh... why? I guess it saves them 20 bucks on every 100k truck they make.

Old 04-28-2024, 07:58 AM
1mrucker
Trailering
Yeah, I replaced the right side locker and unlocked the hub on the 2024 XLT hoping it would take away the vibration in the steering wheel at around 45mph but it did not. I fixed the vibration myself. Someone declined to take their Limited F350 and I decided to trade up. Expensive vibration fix though. I think Ford should have appeased me and covered my cost to repair the vibration, lol. They may have in time but I have this vehicle because I need and use it, I can't be having it in the Dealership all the time. It seems that the process now is to make an appointment, take the vehicle in and they get to it in a few days, I took the XLT in twice and this happened both times. They are busy, I get it. Hopefully the Limited is trouble free.

Quick Reply: 2024 orders - what is yours?