General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Just seems wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 07:25 AM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,712 Likes on 2,630 Posts
Originally Posted by ezlivin11
We have the same issue here in CA, they even count the number of vehicle's you have. Tangible assets can and should be in a trust, and you become 1st trustee and you can name your kids in order (2 3 4 ect.) You pretty much make the rules and if written correctly , can keep it from the tax man and welfare. You can include most everything with addendums. Your home for example here in CA it keeps the property in prop 13 which keeps the property tax at the rate when purchased. Even when passed to the next trustee, also if sued the property is not in your assets therefore out or reach of the suite, you can include weapons also. many pro's and a few con's but that is for your mouthpiece to discuss. . You can mess up and they will try to suck you dry, a trust can not. A trust can be a very important tool in estate planning.

This is for Big Brother :-). Disclaimer: I am not an attorney or paid actor, Just a bum who wants to keep his stuff !! LOL

The govt. believes everyone will be on govt. chez (welfare) at some point, so they try to extract as much as they can out of us until then. With Me being retired and the majority of assets in trust I qualify for a govt. phone by income, I also qualify under program based (VA). No, I don't have one because it is not right to take a benefit when not needed just cus you can.
Good luck to you and you do have options not many but a few Mike/EZ
One of my related "concerns" is the erosion of personal property rights. We see a government that seems intent on making more of us dependent upon the "benevolent" nature of the bureaucracy. The landlord-tenant laws in this state are skewed rather strongly toward the tenant. An entire chapter of the Florida statutes is dedicated to them. Other states have implemented, or are studying, rules that squatters have rights and can't be "arbitrarily" kicked out despite them having no legal right to have ever been there, had to trespass to get there, and secured entry by breaking and entering. My rights to my 6-figure asset aren't as important as the rights of some random person that "wants" possession of the place and unable to pay rent or the damages to the property.

It's a small step to government takeover of those assets, and the way the government is spending money they don't have, a too real possibility!

Old 03-09-2023, 03:27 PM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
Received 3,433 Likes on 2,348 Posts
Maybe an important thing to know is you may not/ probably won't / be wearing your own clothes in the facility. You won't go over and pick up and hold something, maybe a novelty/memory from the past. Let's face it getting decrepit is just awful. Enjoy while you can your freedoms. Just call Morgan & Morgan, start your Harm in Facility lawsuit today.

In the Clear: Have your fun before the **** House goes up in Flames. So: of course, you got you say you say.

Old 04-20-2023, 01:18 PM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,712 Likes on 2,630 Posts
Originally Posted by BassFantasizer
One of my related "concerns" is the erosion of personal property rights. We see a government that seems intent on making more of us dependent upon the "benevolent" nature of the bureaucracy. The landlord-tenant laws in this state are skewed rather strongly toward the tenant. An entire chapter of the Florida statutes is dedicated to them. Other states have implemented, or are studying, rules that squatters have rights and can't be "arbitrarily" kicked out despite them having no legal right to have ever been there, had to trespass to get there, and secured entry by breaking and entering. My rights to my 6-figure asset aren't as important as the rights of some random person that "wants" possession of the place and unable to pay rent or the damages to the property.

It's a small step to government takeover of those assets, and the way the government is spending money they don't have, a too real possibility!
A couple of articles on the same story. The property owner/landlord doesn't have as many "rights" as the criminals.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-s...efore-vacating
https://www.foxnews.com/us/squatter-...d-legal-system