1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Badge Help - Reward Offered

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 02:39 PM
MasterX
Must Go Faster!!!!!
Received 341 Likes on 261 Posts
eh...... Sorry i think i will stick to people who have some attention to detail working on my stuff.

If it was an inch off, or even half an inch, i would notice, and it would bug me to no end.

That kind of treatment might work on insurance repairs, and other general work, but that would not fly at a customs shop or anywhere that prides themselves on having a very high level of quality....

No offense intended....

Old 07-31-2022, 05:31 PM
speedfreak78
Cargo Master
Received 429 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterX
eh...... Sorry i think i will stick to people who have some attention to detail working on my stuff.

If it was an inch off, or even half an inch, i would notice, and it would bug me to no end.

That kind of treatment might work on insurance repairs, and other general work, but that would not fly at a customs shop or anywhere that prides themselves on having a very high level of quality....

No offense intended....
I do take a slight offense. I've done both custom work and restoration work at a professional level and even the insurance work I've done was done at a higher standard than how it came off the assembly lines originally. I can be OCD about my vehicles sometimes. When it comes to OEM type parts and stock repairs or restoration work, things should be put back as close to original as possible, I agree. But you're talking about putting a custom, aftermarket badge on a modified truck. I'm all for trying to make a custom vehicle look like it might have come from the factory ,so starting close to the stock position of the OEM badge is a good idea, but because of the size/shape/style of the aftermarket badge or decal, even though it might be modeled after a stock emblem, it might need to be re positioned slightly differently to look balanced on the truck. According to the link, the ones you bought are 9.5" wide and it looks like the OEM ones are 9" wide. So the question becomes do you want the front edge positioned the same and have it go further back into the door than an OEM badge, do you want them mounted on the same center point, or do you want the rear edge in the OEM position so it's closer to the front of the door? I can't find a measurement of the OEM ring diameter, but if the aftermarket one is different you might need to shift up down to get it looking right.

I can almost guarantee you, if you dropped this off at a shop, even a high end one, with non stock emblems, they'd do exactly what i said we did if they didn't have a truck around to measure off of. Like I said in all the cars we ever did no one ever said anything about a emblem or decal not looking right and we eyeballed most of them just to look balanced on the panel.

Old 07-31-2022, 07:11 PM
MasterX
Must Go Faster!!!!!
Received 341 Likes on 261 Posts
the words are different thus there is a slight variation in the width of the emblem where it says Triton V10, instead of POWERSTROKE,

However, its the round part i would use to line it up, and the words which are slightly wider would end up centered just where they would have been from the factory.

The round part is the part that should be used for alignment due to the variation of the text. because that part is identical between the two, and any width difference would compensate out accordingly, and be balanced left to right as long as the round part is correctly aligned.