Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Guidance for oil leaks and oil cooler issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 03:21 PM
Jpmxrider489
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guidance for oil leaks and oil cooler issues

I have finally had time to track down all my oil leaks. Im kind of hoping for the best route to take on this job. So the previous owner said he put in a motor out of a ambulance. Thats fine with me but now my oil cooler is one of the issues. Now I have read that the cooler headers and motor mounts are different. Now this truck, has been hacked with. Im wondering what would happen if tried to put in a e350 cooler setup into the truck frame? I cant see it without taking the cooler out but it appears that the cooler may be cracked because it looks to be extremely close to the motor mount. Close enough that I cant put a piece of paper between the mount and cooler tube. Would this be because of the wrong mounts/cooler setup or is this bad motor mounts? I just don't want to replace the cooler and maybe I missed something. Hopefully someone understands what Im trying to say.

Second, my oil pan needs replaced. The pan is rusted and is not safe to use anymore. I have a auto trans and NON turbo being a 92. Do i have to pull the motor out? Do I have to raise the cab? What is the easiest way about this? Im worried about lifting the cab because its pretty rusty and I dont want to get into a worse situation. Will a 1 ton picker be enough? Does the motor have to come up and out or can I remove the front end so i dont have to go up and over?

The truck smokes whitish smoke most of the time but runs fine. I was thinking about pulling the motor and just replacing every gasket/seal on the engine. My rear main appears to be fine. I have put many new parts on since I got this truck. The pan is just the biggest job for this truck and me.