1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

74 E300 Resto-mod Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 12:04 AM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 92 Likes on 87 Posts
Yours doesn't look plastic, is it plastic, that is the only tank that interest me, Mkay, see what ***'uming gets you! I have been looking for a plastic tank for some time, I can not afford to have one made of aluminum, I do not have that kind of money, I am on disability!

Old 02-02-2021, 05:31 AM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nope. It’s porcelain.

Moving on.

Picked up a pair of door emblems last year and just got these rear door “FORD” emblems that just happened to come with another “Econoline 300” emblem. Trying to find a great condition “SuperVan” emblem will be next.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:42 PM
Ketch347
Mountain Pass
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Tom,
Contact this EBay seller : susanandsuzyco.
Few weeks ago offered on EBay the emblem like you want SUPERVAN N.O.S . I following this item and was not sold.
good luck !
Don’t know what you don’t like in the combination colors of your Club Wagon !? I’ve doing a new paint on my Club Wagon in this same combination 😄😄😄

Old 02-02-2021, 03:50 PM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass
I love it, Ketch! Yours is nice and shiny so it looks much better than mine!! The previous owner painted this with bed liner paint so it’s dull and has a bumpy texture. It’s going to be a pain to remove!

When I repaint it, (long time from now) I think I’m going to modernize it with one solid color. Don’t know what color yet.

For now, I’ll be rocking the brown and tan 2 tone! 🤙🏽

Old 02-02-2021, 03:52 PM
Ketch347
Mountain Pass
Hi maples01
Before my 1989 Club Wagon, I’ve owned a 1987 Dodge B250 window Van . The 35 gallons gas tank was on plastic material. For have removed the 2 tanks on my Club Wagon and the tank on the Dodge, it’s a real close installation.
hope this can help you .

Old 02-02-2021, 03:59 PM
Ketch347
Mountain Pass
Hey Tom,
thank you for your comment, appreciate that. Have a look on my album profile , few pictures from refreshing my Van.
one question , on your Van, when you opening the side cargo door, do you have the large footboard coming from the undercarriage ?
Hope you undestand what I mean, sorry for my not perfect language in English.
Fred.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:13 PM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Ketch347
Hey Tom,
thank you for your comment, appreciate that. Have a look on my album profile , few pictures from refreshing my Van.
one question , on your Van, when you opening the side cargo door, do you have the large footboard coming from the undercarriage ?
Hope you undestand what I mean, sorry for my not perfect language in English.
Fred.
Fred,

I can understand you perfectly fine my friend! I’m familiar with what you are talking about. I do NOT have that large footboard/side step for the side cargo door.

I’ll take a look at your photo album!

Old 03-01-2021, 06:12 PM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass
The weather has been straight poop the last month or so. Haven’t really touched the Van. I did sell the old carb motor and trans finally. Made a decent amount to replenish the funds.

Visited my local junkyard and couldn’t believe what I found. A 73 E300 RV. Scored a deal of a lifetime for the front grill, headlight rings, fender accents, and the doghouse. I’ll most likely go back to snag the hood, doors, dash pad, steering wheel, if they give me another great deal.

I also did a lot of researching and schematic reading to figure out what all I would need for my Terminator X wiring. I also decided I’ll be running a LS ignition coil setup instead of the Explorer EDIS coil pack setup. Very simple to wire into the Holley ECM. I snagged 2 sets of D585 coils, brackets, and wiring from the junkyard. They were so cheap so I grabbed 2 to have as a backup.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:29 AM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass
Sorry it’s been so long. Weather has been absolutely awful. Had a few days that were nice, but wanted to do some family things while we could.

Should be warming up to where I can prep the interior metal to receive some sound deadener and bed liner before I run the AAW chassis wiring from front to back.

My current focus is on 2 holes in the floor board that need to be addressed before any more forward progress happens.

Just bought a better welder from a buddy and I hope I can weld better with this than with my old flux core welder.

I need some advice on how I should tackle this repair/patch? I plan on cutting the bad metal out soon to maybe get a better look at how I might be able to patch it.

It doesn’t need to look perfect as it’ll just be covered in multiple layers of sound deadener and bed liner and maybe even a vinyl flooring of some sort, but I don’t want it to look like a complete amateur job.

Any suggestions/advice?

Section directly beneath drivers seat. Never knew it was there until I removed the seat.

In between driver and passenger seat. Closer to drivers seat.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:02 AM
Ketch347
Mountain Pass
Hello Tom,

Sincerely happy to see you again on FTE with your story on your 1974 E300 Club wagon (probably the best looking van evermade !)

You've probably thinking about the RV you find at the junkyard last year ? The one where you take the steering weel and others parts ... Maybe he have a good floor ?

Cutting more of one inch around where is the cancer if possible. Brass or weld an other plate. Maybe you know working with resin epoxy ? Not me, each times try, ask me a lot of sanding and create a lot of dust in my garage and i don't like dust in my garage

But u probably do sanding all the floor and apply a good stop rust everywhere.

Fred

Old 04-06-2021, 07:57 PM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass
I got to play a little after work today. Gorgeous past few days.

Marked and cut out the rust. Emptied out the frame rail cavity that was exposed. Pulled out all kinds of debris and ancient wasps nests! Ground it down some and hit it with rust reformer to protect it until I can patch them up. Hopefully this week.

Old 09-05-2021, 11:33 AM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass
I’m back! Long story short, we sold our house and it’s been a BUSY past few months! Had to haul all the Van parts and rolling chassis to our new digs. That was a complete cluster. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Actually got to mess with it some last night. Unbolted all the seats (for sale BTW) and cleaned out the interior. Hopefully will be able to weld in the patch panels tomorrow!

Also got a new daily driver. 2004 DuraBurb. 2004 Suburban 2500 with a LB7 Duramax. Has been taking up some time getting it straight, but it’s a beast and I’m loving it!

Old 09-05-2021, 11:35 AM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass

Tried towing it myself, but ended up blowing a tire. USAA free towing FTW!

It’s new home! Finally out of the weather!

Old 09-05-2021, 11:38 AM
BOOM_FIST
Mountain Pass

The Duraburb. Such a beast. I highly recommend one. Lol

New headlights.

Old 09-05-2021, 02:35 PM
Ketch347
Mountain Pass
It’s super nice to hear from you. Good thing, we are going to have a cover of the soap operas, looking forward to seeing and reading the new episodes to come 😉.
Nice job cutting panels avoiding the frame. It's clean.
The tip of the day? inspect the roof gutters very closely and try to spot any rust immediately

Quick Reply: 74 E300 Resto-mod Build