1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Khan's 95 Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 09:28 AM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Received 197 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Hit Man X
With that setup, need a stack in the hood with a flapper...6V71 style!

Where is the Khan Artist at? Scared to reply???
Originally Posted by BBslider001
He's currently in line somewhere in Colofornia giving up his gun rights. He'll be here eventually
Compounds would be sweet. I am tempted to try it, but it is pricey for something I havent seen anyone try yet.. maybe I will be the first.

And no I was busy drinking mirror pond pale ale!

For some reason I don't get all the email updates about threads. Just some every once in a while.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:44 AM
96 OBS
Laughing Gas
Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
How was the move fella? Enjoying some nice Colorado May weather in Boulder aye?

Old 05-11-2021, 09:50 AM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 96 OBS
How was the move fella? Enjoying some nice Colorado May weather in Boulder aye?
The move was not exactly fun. We made two trips, one with the moving truck and all our crap, and the second with our trucks, 2 dogs and 3 cats.

The moving truck we took turns and drove 28 hours straight through. Ended up going through Texas, and into Southern Colorado hitting Lamar and then up and over to I70W.

The other leg we drove 780 miles the first trip into Springfield MO, and that was miserable. One cat pissed himself in the crate 5 miles from the hotel, we got in at midnight, etc. So the second day we stopped in Kansas and stayed for the night and only had 320 miles to drive on the final day.

It was not fun and I'm glad it's over to say the least.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:53 AM
96 OBS
Laughing Gas
Good deal man glad you made it. Sounds like you went right past work on your fist trip. Were you on highway 50 at all?

Old 05-11-2021, 10:05 AM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 96 OBS
Good deal man glad you made it. Sounds like you went right past work on your fist trip. Were you on highway 50 at all?
We might have been, all I remember about the first trip was alot of road construction. I thought for sure the GPS was going to send me through Colorado Springs on I25N and it bypassed that completely.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:06 AM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Hit Man X
With that setup, need a stack in the hood with a flapper...6V71 style!

Where is the Khan Artist at? Scared to reply???
Just for the record I've thought about a hood stack with a flapper more than once!

Old 05-11-2021, 10:13 AM
96 OBS
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Khan
Just for the record I've thought about a hood stack with a flapper more than once!
speaking from experience it’s totally worth it

Old 05-12-2021, 09:17 AM
literallynothing
Tuned
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Well I am glad you saw my thread last night! Nice to see another person in CO who has done a lot of the modifications and projects that I am looking to do in the future. I'll have to buy you a beer some time and pick your brain about a few of the projects

Old 05-12-2021, 12:16 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by literallynothing
Well I am glad you saw my thread last night! Nice to see another person in CO who has done a lot of the modifications and projects that I am looking to do in the future. I'll have to buy you a beer some time and pick your brain about a few of the projects
Come on down and show me where the good beer is!

Old 05-12-2021, 01:20 PM
literallynothing
Tuned
Come on down and show me where the good beer is!
Sounds like a plan! Mountain Cowboy Brewery is a good spot. I am closing on a house next week and have work whooping my ***, but I'll reach out about it once life calms down a little

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 02:29 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Sounds like a plan! Mountain Cowboy Brewery is a good spot. I am closing on a house next week and have work whooping my ***, but I'll reach out about it once life calms down a little
I hear you. I just closed on my house on the 26th and it's still been hectic trying to get everything cleaned up and set up. I start with Ball Aerospace on the 24th so that should be fun..

Old 05-12-2021, 08:35 PM
literallynothing
Tuned
I hear you. I just closed on my house on the 26th and it's still been hectic trying to get everything cleaned up and set up. I start with Ball Aerospace on the 24th so that should be fun..
not sure if you daily your truck, but if you do, have fun getting looks in Boulder every day haha. Anything diesel and they look at you like you’re killing the world. Luckily the Ball building isn’t in the heart of Boulder (unless they moved from when I used to spend time there) so you shouldn’t have to deal with the crazy traffic. But I’ve heard they are a good company to work for!

Old 05-12-2021, 09:30 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
not sure if you daily your truck, but if you do, have fun getting looks in Boulder every day haha. Anything diesel and they look at you like you’re killing the world. Luckily the Ball building isn’t in the heart of Boulder (unless they moved from when I used to spend time there) so you shouldn’t have to deal with the crazy traffic. But I’ve heard they are a good company to work for!
I absolutely do daily this truck and I am looking forward to the yuppy haters. It's my God given right to a diesel OBS and I will exercise my right at every chance.

If they don't like me they'll love someone like @Hit Man X rolling down the street.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 10:26 PM
literallynothing
Tuned
I absolutely do daily this truck and I am looking forward to the yuppy haters. It's my God given right to a diesel OBS and I will exercise my right at every chance.

If they don't like me they'll love someone like @Hit Man X rolling down the street.
It’s a funny area. Get 15 minutes away and the high school kids are putting hood stacks on 2nd gen Cummins trucks. The bigger issue you’ll have is finding a parking spot wide enough to fit the truck

Old 05-12-2021, 11:13 PM
Hit Man X
Lead Driver
Received 1,240 Likes on 1,011 Posts
Oh man. The dually is obnoxious...dogdick red. Manual. Straight hilarious. Mister Edgethis' truck makes mine look like a Geo Metro.

Quick Reply: Khan's 95 Build thread