1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

80-86 Flareside Bed Fenders - What are they worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 03:15 PM
Aerocoupe
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
80-86 Flareside Bed Fenders - What are they worth?

I have what I believe is a 80-86 flareside short bed that came with my '70 F100 which is now a styleside short bed. The fiberglass fenders are in excellent shape and the rest of the bed is fair including the tailgate. There is no wood as that was in terrible shape and the metal strips that held it down are in poor shape. I am looking to sell this locally or will drive depending on the deal and want to ask a fair price for the entire bed. I am not looking to put the screws to anyone but I do not want to give it away either. I have seen crazy comments online about NOS being $1200 each which blows my mind but from what I understand no one is making these so who knows. Any advice/input would be appreciated.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:26 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
Received 131 Likes on 110 Posts
I gave 200-300$ for a complete bed like yours minus the wood floor. (no rust) Can't remember exactly. Drove 300 mile round trip to pick up. Going on a project if I ever get to it. LOL

Old 02-14-2020, 09:52 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,800 Posts
Aerocoupe where is "locally" for pick up?
A lot has to do with how bad dose someone want them or the whole bed and what they will pay for it.
Dave ----

Old 02-14-2020, 11:02 PM
Aerocoupe
5th Wheeling
I’m not posting this for sale in this section of the forums so I wasn’t worried about a location at this point. All this thread was to do was establish what it’s worth so I can post a for sale thread in the marketplace and locally. Do not want the mods upset with me for not following protocol.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:23 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
If you had your location in your signature we would know.
I think when you start talking $$ back n forth is the issue but not where said part is at.
Good luck
Dave ----

Old 02-15-2020, 10:57 AM
Aerocoupe
5th Wheeling
Fixed my location as I never did that when I joined. Was mostly just creeping around on the 67-72 forums as I do more posting on fordification.com as it is dedicated solely to the 67-72 trucks.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:36 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Thanks little to far for "local pick up" for me LOL
Back a few weeks ago I did 6 hours 1 way to pick up a NP435 transmission.
Think of this as a bump
Good luck

BTW did your name come from an early MOPAR car?
Think they were the only ones called Aerocoupe's?
Dave -----

Old 02-15-2020, 12:09 PM
Aerocoupe
5th Wheeling
The 83-88 Thunderbirds were branded as Aerocoupes so that is where it came from. My TBird has been in the family since it was new as a 302 TBI AOD car and is now a built 351W, Tremc TKO, Griggs Racing car with a NX fogger system. Fun little street car.

The bed is actually located in SW OK closer to Wichita Falls, TX and thanks for the bump.

Wouldn't mind more input on a fair price.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:07 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
When I went to look up aerocoupe all I got were Chevys LOL
The MOPAR I was thinking oft is a 1934 Chrysler Airflow

Sorry cant help more on the price might try asking over here Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) - Bullnose Forum as more of us flare sides are over there and they may know more than me.
Just make sure you start at the new members area first and let them know why you are there.
I am sure being you are trying to help by getting what a fair price is on the fenders so you can sell them will be ok.
Just like you did on here, it came with a project and ......
Dave ----

Old 02-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Aerocoupe
5th Wheeling
Yeah I have no idea where I read that about the T-Birds but that is what lead me to the my login.

I did find three more pictures of the bed after I took it off the '70 to start on the four link. We moved it around back of the shop for temporary storage until we could make room inside the shop. So all of these pictures are with the bed leaned up against the back wall of the shop with the tailgate down and on 2x4's.

Bottom of the Bed:

Bottom of the Bed Looking at the Front Panel:

Bottom of the Bed Looking at the Tailgate:

Passenger Side:

Driver Side:

I'll check out the site you linked and post a thread.

Old 02-15-2020, 05:30 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You said the metal strips for the floor were in bad shape. Do you still have them? If they are salvageable or enough for a template I'd keep them. Fuzz would know better than I would, but I believe wooden floor kits are north of $1000. So if a guy could use those or at least copy them and buy lumber unfinished he'd come out ahead.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:44 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
From what I can see that bed is in pretty good shape.
Little back ground on the flare side beds of the 80's.

The bed sides have a lip that bolts go down thru into the wood and always rot away.
Same goes for the metal cross members. Being they are under the wood they rot away.

I can tell you the front & rear sills (cross members) and the others between them was about $1000.
The wood used on later beds was plywood so not to bad $$ wise but they do make wood plank kits that are some bucks.

The metal strips that fit between the planks or on the ply wood, 2 different types of strips used depending on wood used.
The plywood ones are the ones you can not get any more.
So not knowing what ones you have, yes do not trash them as they may be used for patterns if they cant be used at all.

You don't have the plate bracket or tail light brackets & lights do you?
A member does make the plat bracket, think you can get the light brackets but the lights you have to go with after market that are close to factory just need to change the plugs.

I wish I was closer as I would be all over that bed.
From what I can tell from pictures $1000 for the whole thing but "I" would try at $500 as a start, I am Scottish LOL
Dave ----

BTW I could not see spending the $1000 for the cross members plus the wood and hardware on a $800 truck so I used the metal ribbed floor from a style side long bed in place of the wood one.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:48 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree with that price, I would have said $600-1000, but it could be worth more than that just because you don't find them much, it's in great shape, and they guy needing it is gonna want it really bad. $600 seems good for a member discount lol

Old 02-15-2020, 07:07 PM
Aerocoupe
5th Wheeling
I’m going down to my dads next weekend and I’ll get pics of the strips that I have. No tail lights so that kinda sucks but it sounds like you guys have a way around that.

I would be willing to deliver or met halfway if someone really wanted it.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:11 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
I posted this for you on Gary's site in the "for sale" area with a link to here.
His site is only for the 80 - 86 Ford trucks.
Dave ----

Quick Reply: 80-86 Flareside Bed Fenders - What are they worth?