2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Leveling Kit Questions - 2019 F350 CCLB

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 01:03 PM
chief1232
Mountain Pass
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Leveling Kit Questions - 2019 F350 CCLB

So I have a few questions regarding leveling my truck. When I got rid of my 2011 F350 I actually had a Readylift 2.5" kit new in the box (States its for 2017+). I never installed it on my truck.

My goal is I want to ride the truck as good if not better than stock with a little bit bigger tire. I don't go offroad very often, mostly logging roads.

So my plan is for now:
- Install the 2.5" Leveling Kit - https://www.readylift.com/2-5-front-...2011-2018.html (Owned)
- Install either BDS or Readylift Track bar bracket - https://www.stage3motorsports.com/BD...r-Bracket.html
- Install Adjustable track bar - https://www.stage3motorsports.com/12...Track-Bar.html
- Install Carli or Moog Caster Bushings - https://carlisuspension.com/product/...rection-shims/
- Install Carli Tuned fox shocks - https://carlisuspension.com/product/...shock-package/

My questions are:
- Do you need a track bar drop bracket with an adjustable track bar?
- Is it better to do the radius arm drop brackets (BDS) or caster bushings?
- Am I Missing anythings?

Last truck I leveled was my 2006 CCLB and i didn't have any of the extra parts, just the pucks and upgraded shocks.

Thank you!

Old 01-21-2020, 01:17 PM
camxracer
Mountain Pass
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
I installed the Readylift 2.5 this past weekend that included the track bar bracket. I have the new caster bushings but haven't installed them yet. I also have the Fox BDS 2.0 shocks installed. I don't know if you need the bracket if you have the adjustable track bar. I can tell you that after 200 miles on mine with the 2.5 in place, no shims, and no front-end alignment yet, it drives exactly like stock; no change in steering feedback and tracks as straight as an arrow.

The BDS radius arms look sweet but a bit more money than caster bushings. If they accomplish the same thing, I suppose only your wallet can answer that question.

If you watch the Moostang video on Youtube, you won't miss anything. The only thing I found is that you will have to bend up the tab on the brake-line extension brackets to get it to line up with the frame. But that only takes some pliers or a soft tap with a hammer. I also reversed the track bar bolt so the nut is on the front of the bracket. That way, I can get a torque wrench on it more easily if I ever need to re-torque it.

I will take the bushings with me when I get my front end aligned and see what happens. But with my (limited experience) with this kit, I don't foresee needing anything else. Good luck with your project and post up your findings.

Old 01-21-2020, 01:34 PM
chief1232
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by camxracer
I installed the Readylift 2.5 this past weekend that included the trackbar bracket. I have the new caster bushings but haven't installed them yet. I also have the Fox BDS 2.0 shocks installed. I don't know if you need the bracket if you have the adjustable track bar. I can tell you that after 200 miles on mine withe the 2.5 in place, no shims, and no front-end alignment yet, it drives exactly like stock. No change in steering feedback and tracks as straight as an arrow.

If you watch the Moostang video on Youtube, you won't miss anything. The only thing I found is that you will have to bend up the tab on the brake-line extension brackets to get it to line up with the frame. But that only takes some pliers or a soft tap with a hammer.

I will take the bushings with me when I get my front end aligned and see what happens. But with my (limited experience) with this kit, I don't foresee needing anything else. Good luck with your project and post up your findings.
Glad to hear you haven't had any problems. The only thing my kit doesn't have is the track bar drop bracket. So I will have to either get one of those or get an adjustable track bar. I hope someone has an answer on if I need both or one. Thank you for your Reply!

Old 01-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Badford
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Get the OUO radius arm drop brackets. Moves the axle back to its original location. Caster bushings wont fix that.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tor-shims.html

Old 01-21-2020, 01:55 PM
camxracer
Mountain Pass
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Badford
Get the OUO radius arm drop brackets. Moves the axle back to its original location. Caster bushings wont fix that.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tor-shims.html
Looks like I need to add another part to my wish list.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:37 PM
Daniel Reinard
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You don't need a track bar bracket if you run the carli adjustable track bar.

+1 on the OUO radius arm drop bracket. It provides more geometry correction than just caster. It lowers the radius arm to be level again, reducing bump feedback, and moves the axle forward closer to where it once was.

I have a gasser coming so I had to piece together a list. The carli track bar and OUO radius arm drop brackets are a must. A Readylift by itself would work but why reuse the problematic OEM track bar and why guess at caster when you can just install brackets and get so much more.

Are you going to get a steering stabilizer? The OEMs seem to also be problematic and on national backorder. That's the one thing I haven't decided on. It will be a carli because it's geometry correcting and adjustable or I'll go dual PMF with Foxes. No having to mess with N2, better than OEM geometry but more costly.

Old 01-21-2020, 07:41 PM
chief1232
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Daniel Reinard
You don't need a track bar bracket if you run the carli adjustable track bar.

+1 on the OUO radius arm drop bracket. It provides more geometry correction than just caster. It lowers the radius arm to be level again, reducing bump feedback, and moves the axle forward closer to where it once was.

I have a gasser coming so I had to piece together a list. The carli track bar and OUO radius arm drop brackets are a must. A Readylift by itself would work but why reuse the problematic OEM track bar and why guess at caster when you can just install brackets and get so much more.

Are you going to get a steering stabilizer? The OEMs seem to also be problematic and on national backorder. That's the one thing I haven't decided on. It will be a carli because it's geometry correcting and adjustable or I'll go dual PMF with Foxes. No having to mess with N2, better than OEM geometry but more costly.

Thank you for the advice. Yes I will do a dual stabilizer at the same time. Likely the BDS or the Rough Country kit. I figure it’s good insurance.