2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2019 Ford Pass Security and Shock Sensor questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Ford Pass Security and Shock Sensor questions

I am looking for owners of 2019 year model with Ford Pass who can chime in here. I want to know if and how you get notifications of alarm going off.

Also can you install the Ford shock sensor (vehicle security system often mentioned on here) and will it work with pass giving you notifications.

I want to get some sort of notification when the alarm goes off. A shock sensor would be ideal due to leaving stuff in back of my truck under the cover. The dealer is not 100% sure on either of these two questions. They did say my old 2017 model shock sensor will not transfer over.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:36 PM
JD'sBigredv10
More Turbo
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts
My alarm went off twice in the same evening (moth of other large flying insect in the cab?...never figured it out) and I received a message on Ford Pass immediately. It was visible on the notification bar of my phone as are all of the Ford Pass notifications. I have it set up to my default notification sound within the phone settings but you could certainly give it a unique alert. I think all notifications for the app will sound the same, so you won't know if your alarm is going off or Ford is offering you a PCO until you actually view the notification.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Thank you. Anyone has the shock sensor installed as well?

Old 08-09-2019, 08:43 PM
ForCal
Postmaster
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
Thank you. Anyone has the shock sensor installed as well?
I was hoping it had some sort of shock sensor stock, does it not? After shutting down and given the choice of all sensors or perimeter only, I thought perimeter was some sort of shock sensor and all would be interior motion and perimeter shock sensor.

Now I want to take it some where and jump up and down in the bed to see what happens. It would be nice to be able to adjust sensitivity of a shock sensor, I too have things of value under the bed cover at times.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by ForCal
I was hoping it had some sort of shock sensor stock, does it not? After shutting down and given the choice of all sensors or perimeter only, I thought perimeter was some sort of shock sensor and all would be interior motion and perimeter shock sensor.

Now I want to take it some where and jump up and down in the bed to see what happens. It would be nice to be able to adjust sensitivity of a shock sensor, I too have things of value under the bed cover at times.
The truck has perimeter sensors that see motion in the cab. It has sensors for broken windows and doors opening while system is armed. No shock sensor. The shock sensor I had in the 2017 was okay at best and generally only triggered when had something impact the drivers side.

My old 2008 had an aftermarket shock sensor that worked extremely well. Titan alarm.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:07 AM
KineticSync
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It must have a tilt sensor because mine went off when I adjusted the level of my travel trailer while it was still hitched to the locked truck. At 11 PM. In the trailer park. I got notified via a FordPass notification on my Android phone, same as I did when they broke into my truck in San Antonio. I also had a series of mystery alarms on the truck late one night, got notifications on FordPass as usual, finally discovered the cause: a large moth inside the truck was setting off the internal sensors. Now, if I've had the doors open for any length of time, I'll set perimeter only for a few nights in case there's a bug lurking.

My concern now is if Ford is going to keep doing push ads through the FordPass app. The app is getting to the point where it's really useful for things beyond alarm notifications, I see they're running ads on TV, ESP info just showed up in there, and life is good except that the marketing guys at Ford have just discovered how to do push popup notifications. I got one at 10:17 PM the other night with the important and apparently urgent info that I can use my Ford points for stuff. Strike one, Ford guys. I've set the notifications from this app to be pretty obvious since it's the notification for alarms, but there's no apparent way to differentiate popup ads from alarms as far as Android notifications are concerned. I'm really hoping they aren't stupid and continue to try to use it as an ad delivery platform.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:55 PM
efenska
Cross-Country
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Just an FYI on the alarm notification, if you have your phone in “Do Not Disturb” mode you won’t get the alert, at least on iOS. The feasibility exists for emergency alerts but Ford has not added this to their app. I missed an alert because of this when my F-150 was broken into. I submitted feedback about this and they were pretty responsive but the feature is not there yet.