Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carli/Deaver add-a-pack

Old 07-05-2019, 07:02 PM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
honda250xtitan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Carli/Deaver add-a-pack

Planning on picking up the add-a-pack tomorrow. I have the camper package so I have the extra overload spring. Carli recommends removing it but it's only engaged when i max the truck out a few times a month. So daily driving it's not a factor. Should i just leave it in and get longer u bolts? I could always remove it later I guess. Anyone have any tips other than what Carli instructions say? Pairing the leaf pack with some new icon shocks, gonna rebuild my current icon shocks and use them as spares/experiment with the valving. Im also planning on removing the factory block and make it sit as low as possible which will be ~1/2" lift over stock

Old 07-05-2019, 07:39 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.
I thought the add a pack alone (with removed blocks) adds a little over stock. If you don't remove the extra spring it'll be even taller.

There's two spacer springs at the bottom of the add a pack that you can remove, but you give up a little bit of travel. Interested to see what you think about the ride afterwards. I've heard it's great and also that it didn't do much, thanks for being the guinea pig

Old 07-05-2019, 07:48 PM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
brentadams has them on his as well, he says it's pretty nice.

I don't see how the aux spring on top of the OEM pack will add any lift?

yea carli said if you remove those 2 spacers you can go 3/4" lower. I might do that, a little bit of bro is never bad.

It should be a clear cut difference. Since shock valving isn't changing, not removing anything else since i already ditched the sway bar. Next up will be Icon Piggybacks up front whenever the 2.0's blow out

Old 07-05-2019, 08:05 PM
WEHRING
Junior User
WEHRING is starting off with a positive reputation.
Carli

Not running Carli so I cant give you first hand info but I have an appointment with them (CJC actually) to get a hybrid version of their 3.0 dominator but only 2.5" lift on my F450 in 2 weeks

they really know these trucks. Call them and talk. I spent weeks researching this and have gone between a full kelderman and carli.

Dont piece it together. They go to great lengths to make their kit a truly integrated system.

Justin

Old 07-05-2019, 11:01 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan View Post
brentadams has them on his as well, he says it's pretty nice.

I don't see how the aux spring on top of the OEM pack will add any lift?

yea carli said if you remove those 2 spacers you can go 3/4" lower. I might do that, a little bit of bro is never bad.

It should be a clear cut difference. Since shock valving isn't changing, not removing anything else since i already ditched the sway bar. Next up will be Icon Piggybacks up front whenever the 2.0's blow out
Ahh, I thought you were talking about a lower spring for some reason. You should be fine, exited to hear what you think.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:57 AM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
Originally Posted by WEHRING View Post
Not running Carli so I cant give you first hand info but I have an appointment with them (CJC actually) to get a hybrid version of their 3.0 dominator but only 2.5" lift on my F450 in 2 weeks

they really know these trucks. Call them and talk. I spent weeks researching this and have gone between a full kelderman and carli.

Dont piece it together. They go to great lengths to make their kit a truly integrated system.

Justin
I see your logic but i already have perfectly fine ICON coils and shocks for the front. I'll double check with SDHQ today when i go grab the springs. Valving is a big deal but if it really bothers me i'll re valve my leaking icons to better match the leaf springs and see how that works.

Originally Posted by Tricon View Post
Ahh, I thought you were talking about a lower spring for some reason. You should be fine, exited to hear what you think.
oh yea, naw that big boi is definitely coming off lol. IDK when i'll install since next saturday is gonna be around 114

Old 07-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
I see your logic but i already have perfectly fine ICON coils and shocks for the front. I'll double check with SDHQ today when i go grab the springs. Valving is a big deal but if it really bothers me i'll re valve my leaking icons to better match the leaf springs and see how that works.

oh yea, naw that big boi is definitely coming off lol. IDK when i'll install since next saturday is gonna be around 114
I'll be in Scottsdale next week for a bachelor party... Can't wait to melt my skin off.

You have bags in the rear, or planning on them? That's really the only thing holding me back, that and I can't decide on full Atlas springs for the Carli add a pack.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:15 PM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
I'll be in Scottsdale next week for a bachelor party... Can't wait to melt my skin off.

You have bags in the rear, or planning on them? That's really the only thing holding me back, that and I can't decide on full Atlas springs for the Carli add a pack.
I don't, not really planning on them. So I installed the new shocks today.....SDHQ sold me ones with the old bushings IE smaller then the 17+'s. Didn't find that out until after I had installed the front facing shock which required removing part of the gooseneck bracket under the bed. If anyone knows this project, you KNOW. So after d1cking around with it I just bought some new 1/2" bolts. They're just a smidge smaller than the OEM lower shock mount bolts. Hopefully they don't have too much play and wear out the shock sleeve or the shock tabs. Time will tell. If that happens I'll just weld a washer to the outsides of the shock tabs lol. Dampening feels better since the other shocks were leaking

Old 07-11-2019, 03:23 PM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
I thought the add a pack alone (with removed blocks) adds a little over stock. If you don't remove the extra spring it'll be even taller.

There's two spacer springs at the bottom of the add a pack that you can remove, but you give up a little bit of travel. Interested to see what you think about the ride afterwards. I've heard it's great and also that it didn't do much, thanks for being the guinea pig
Had the springs installed today. I'm old and it's hot so I paid someone to do it GASPPPPPP.

Over small bumps like normal road stuff you can't tell a difference (that's a tire PSI thing). It's the bigger bumps and dips where you feel much more planted. Also no more blocks so no more wheel hop. I'll probably load it up tomorrow with the gooseneck, so we'll see how bad it sags. Carli says it's OEM capacity, if it sucks though i'll get longer u bolts and re install the aux helper spring.

I had them installed without the 2 small spacers on the bottom of the pack so it's 1/4" lower than stock. (The add-pack nets 1/2" of lift according to carli, the spacers are just about 3/4" thick together) I didn't want the back end any higher than necessary. The bump stop drops that come with the kit are awesome too.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:32 PM
wicked 2018
Elder User
wicked 2018 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the feedback on these - been debating on the add-a-pack from carli myself

Old 07-11-2019, 08:31 PM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
Originally Posted by wicked 2018 View Post
Thanks for the feedback on these - been debating on the add-a-pack from carli myself
idk if its worth the 800$ carli charges though. The full leaf pack plus air bags would be nice but I really don't wanna mess with airbags

Old 07-11-2019, 08:37 PM
wicked 2018
Elder User
idk if its worth the 800$ carli charges though. The full leaf pack plus air bags would be nice but I really don't wanna mess with airbags
I agree. Thatís what stops me. The price tag. Not sure there is that much benefit. My motivation it to get rid of the factory blocks.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 PM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
Originally Posted by wicked 2018 View Post
I agree. Thatís what stops me. The price tag. Not sure there is that much benefit. My motivation it to get rid of the factory blocks.
yup its nice. TREAT YO SELF

Old 07-12-2019, 08:44 AM
wicked 2018
Elder User
yup its nice. TREAT YO SELF
Thanks - waiting to see how much sag with you 5'er and your thoughts on ride quality while towing since I tow frequently with mine.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:00 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Honda, you should be ashamed. Three days after the install and STILL no pictures? That's just wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.