2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Replacement Trailer TPMS sensors

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 02:59 PM
Kaadk
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Replacement Trailer TPMS sensors

I got the Trailer TPMS/Camera kit with my truck last year, and had them installed on my fiver. Everything going good with them, and the weekend before last they even saved my bacon when I got a flat on the trailer and the warning let me know to hit the shoulder before the tire shredded. Fast forward to today, just got a call from the trailer dealer that my rig was all fixed, sporting 4 brand new tires. Oh, and that "Two of those tire pressure valves were broken, so we just put normal valve stems in". When I questioned him on what damaged them, he claims it was the blow-out. I'm sure they probably damaged them themselves taking the old tires off, especially since they were working fine all the way home other than the one that had gone flat, and even that I assume was just because it was sitting in the trailer not spinning. I only had a break in between the treads, not a complete blow out like he claimed.

But of course, they're not owning up to damaging them, so I'm SOL. To replace them, is my best bet the parts counter at my local dealership, or do are there cheaper options out there?

And, no way am I going back to that trailer dealer for getting them put in Not with the way they're jacking me around on this. They used to he great, but their regular service guy retired and I'm really not liking this new guy.

Old 06-18-2019, 04:13 PM
jlalanas
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you know the frequency of the sensors you have? If you have the damaged sensor the frequency will be printed on it (as well as the ford part #).

Old 06-18-2019, 07:07 PM
Kaadk
More Turbo
Not sure yet, as I haven’t picked it up, but I told them to give me back the damaged sensors.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:27 AM
jlalanas
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Kaadk
Not sure yet, as I haven’t picked it up, but I told them to give me back the damaged sensors.
I have a set of 4 from the trailer kit (433MHz). I have them listed on eBay, PM me if you're interested.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:24 AM
Kaadk
More Turbo
Ok, thanks for the heads up. Once I get them back from the dealer (probably not until this coming weekend) I'll check the compatibility and let you know.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:06 PM
Mlambert22
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jlalanas
I have a set of 4 from the trailer kit (433MHz). I have them listed on eBay, PM me if you're interested.
Do you have the part number for the Ford set?

Old 06-19-2019, 02:02 PM
jlalanas
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Mlambert22
Do you have the part number for the Ford set?
yes

HC3T-1A180-CA

that is what is stamped on the sensor

Old 08-03-2019, 08:41 AM
Merlin053
Senior User
Hoping someone has already ran across my issue.

Last weekend I had a blowout on my fifth wheel and the TPMS sensor in that wheel was crushed. I contacted my dealer to have a replacement sensor ordered in, they supplied me with a HC3Z-1A189-D saying it was the replacement sensor for the kit. Yesterday I had 4 new tires installed along with the new TPMS sensor on my loose rims. When I got home I reinstalled my tires on the trailer and tried to do a new trailer TPMS setup using the air down method but no matter what I cannot get the truck to detect the new sensor. My other three work perfectly if I start the process with any of them but when I get to the new sensor the truck times out and gives an error on the dash for the learning process failing along with a double honk.
Does something need to be done to the new sensor before the truck will detect it? Loosing patience as I want to get it working before my next trip out.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Kaadk
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Merlin053

Last weekend I had a blowout on my fifth wheel and the TPMS sensor in that wheel was crushed. I contacted my dealer to have a replacement sensor ordered in, they supplied me with a HC3Z-1A189-D saying it was the replacement sensor for the kit. Yesterday I had 4 new tires installed along with the new TPMS sensor on my loose rims. When I got home I reinstalled my tires on the trailer and tried to do a new trailer TPMS setup using the air down method but no matter what I cannot get the truck to detect the new sensor. My other three work perfectly if I start the process with any of them but when I get to the new sensor the truck times out and gives an error on the dash for the learning process failing along with a double honk.
Does something need to be done to the new sensor before the truck will detect it? Loosing patience as I want to get it working before my next trip out.
Might be the wrong sensor, here’s the numbers on mine:

Btw, I just ended up getting one through the dealer. They had made a mistake and put normal valve stems on my new tires, and to make up for it, reinstalled the existing sensors, plus a new one to replace the crushed one, for just their cost for a sensor.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 AM
F19Torque
New User
Originally Posted by Merlin053

Merlin053,
I'm having the same issue you had/have. Did you find a replacement sensor that works and what did you have to do to get the truck to recognize it?