Notices
General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolling Coal

Old 06-04-2019, 01:48 PM
ZR1PETE
Freshman User
ZR1PETE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rolling Coal

I thought long and hard about posting this but what I have been seeing lately concerns all of us. What I've noticed is more and more diesel pickup truck drivers blowing black smoke at unsuspecting automobiles, when pulling off from a stop, or stop light, Blowing heavy black smoke into the open window of the unsuspecting driver. I see this happening more and more each day especially if the car is a sports car where the car is lower to the ground and about even with the exhaust of the diesel pickup. I mean just sitting next to the diesel truck not provoking or doing something to aggravate the diesel driver and when pulling off from the stop light slams the throttle to the floor and there you have it. Now because of this behavior it's going to give a bad name to all who own or drive a diesel pickup. Especially if you have the same color truck and are falsely accused of doing so. I know that this post won't stop this behavior but what I'm trying to say is those who do it might suffer some sort of retaliation because of his or her actions and might regret they did so.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Fordplatty15
Junior User
Fordplatty15 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I always have a front/rear dashcam recording for my protection that would take care of this type of scenario.

I dont trust anyone on the road any more.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Turbo Dog
Postmaster
Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.
Yes, some kids just don't ever grow up. I drive a gasser.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:37 PM
C12H24
Senior User
C12H24 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have significant doubts rolling coal represents a problem. Does it happen as you describe? Probably. Is it common? I doubt it.

In the years this has existed, I've seen only two trucks do this and their display was of consequence to nobody. Now, there has to be some risk management applied to a scenario you describe. Does the driver anticipating rolling coal on someone know they will not end up with multiple gunshot wounds, hanging half in, half out of their truck as life escapes their body? Are there people dumb enough to not think this through? Yep. But their behavior usually results in them being thinned from the heard.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:39 PM
FastTaurusSHO
Senior User
FastTaurusSHO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Man you made me feel bad, just the other day there was a BMW convertible stopped at a light, one lane over and one car back from me. I was gonna roll coal on him so bad and record it for youtube haha's. Just as I was getting my phone ready to record, I remembered I have a gas motor, and am way too secure in my manhood to do something so juvenile.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FastTaurusSHO View Post
Man you made me feel bad, just the other day there was a BMW convertible stopped at a light, one lane over and one car back from me. I was gonna roll coal on him so bad and record it for youtube haha's. Just as I was getting my phone ready to record, I remembered I have a gas motor, and am way too secure in my manhood to do something so juvenile.
Ha!

Old 06-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Nerfbar11
New User
Nerfbar11 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by C12H24 View Post
I have significant doubts rolling coal represents a problem. Does it happen as you describe? Probably. Is it common? I doubt it.

In the years this has existed, I've seen only two trucks do this and their display was of consequence to nobody. Now, there has to be some risk management applied to a scenario you describe. Does the driver anticipating rolling coal on someone know they will not end up with multiple gunshot wounds, hanging half in, half out of their truck as life escapes their body? Are there people dumb enough to not think this through? Yep. But their behavior usually results in them being thinned from the heard.

Well I'm here to disagree with this statement, I would say it depends on where you live. I live in a rural area in Ohio (Farm Land) and would guess that 40% of the pickup trucks in this area are diesel. This is based on my own eyes and local truck dealer inventory.
The main thoroughfare in the largest town in the county sees this crap go on constantly. The main offenders are in the 18 to 35 year old bracket according to a friend of mine who is on the local police force. I've seen this myself many times. I was trimming weeds from the drainage ditch last month and had my back turned to the road and a red GMC slowed almost to a stop behind me and then covered me in black smoke. So I'm here to say it does go on way to much in this area! I guess it depends on where you live. 8 out of 10 people in this area carry a gun but you can't just shoot people,unless your life or the life of those around you are threatened.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:25 PM
dbraynor
Junior User
dbraynor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is this post in the correct forum? How is this 2017+ Super Duty related? Don't roll coal on me...just asking?

Old 06-04-2019, 04:45 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by dbraynor View Post
Is this post in the correct forum? How is this 2017+ Super Duty related? Don't roll coal on me...just asking?
Yeah no kidding. I don't see many older trucks in my area that smoke much. I see a lot of trucks that are deleted but they don't smoke hardly at all. On the other hand I hear a lot of diesel trucks with no muffler.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:49 PM
GABAR
Postmaster
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
Hmmm.

To do something like this just to get a laugh and to post it on YouTube is just dumb and depending on where one is located, doing this will cause unnecessary road rage problems that might turn violent or even deadly.

Think twice before doing it.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Nerfbar11
New User
Nerfbar11 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Consequences

Originally Posted by dbraynor View Post

I thought the OP was just trying to say that this type of behavior could have consequences for all diesel owners. Maybe legislation not allowing any mods.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:04 PM
C12H24
Senior User
C12H24 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Nerfbar11 View Post
...Maybe legislation not allowing any mods.
Modifications to any vehicle's emission control systems are already illegal by federal law. Every state manages vehicle emission laws so whether deleting your truck has any actual impact on you depends upon your address. Most states don't have the resources or competence for enforcement so...well, there you go.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:07 PM
BillRes2
Junior User
BillRes2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
We mostly live in California but just recently returned from an trip to the great north woods (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. The only place we noticed this was up on the Idaho/Montana border where the "young studs" with their mods were in great supply. Rude, noisy, and poluting on numerous levels.
Bill

Old 06-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Norris McCarty
Junior User
Norris McCarty is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I see the black smoke rolling, I take a picture of the license plate....send it to my police chief friend. I know of 6 instances where the perpetrators have received tickets for several different offenses. Just call it "pro-active"

Old 06-04-2019, 08:33 PM
jameslecount
Junior User
jameslecount is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Norris McCarty View Post
When I see the black smoke rolling, I take a picture of the license plate....send it to my police chief friend. I know of 6 instances where the perpetrators have received tickets for several different offenses. Just call it "pro-active"
Just call it pro-douche

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: