Sponsored by: Moser

rear sliding window

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 02:16 PM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrett Campbell
Good luck with the wing window gasket... I spent like two hours getting mine in the frame and it still leaks air....
Between the vent window and main window there is a metal tab that holds the outer metal door skin and inner metal door skins together, so a tab from each skin that is spot welded together with 1 spot weld, this weld can break, then the gap between inner and outer door metal "grows" and no matter what you try the vent window seal will LOOK like it is too small to cover over the outer door skin and leave an air gap. CHECK THIS TAB. If the weld is broken you can use a self tapping screw to attach them back together, the screw wont interfere with any seals, the gap should be consistent all the way along where main window and vent window sits.

Old 05-05-2019, 02:19 PM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Sometimes new seals / weatherstripping aren't perfect and can have "extra" material that needs to be trimmed to get a good fit, I had to trim bits when I did my vent window seals, I got mine form Macs auto parts.

Old 05-05-2019, 03:17 PM
breezesboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming along...

Making progress but it’s a slow go with paint curing and recoating times.

Prior

Currently

Still needs stripped primed and painted

Old 05-06-2019, 04:09 PM
Jarrett Campbell
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by four-sixty-power
Between the vent window and main window there is a metal tab that holds the outer metal door skin and inner metal door skins together, so a tab from each skin that is spot welded together with 1 spot weld, this weld can break, then the gap between inner and outer door metal "grows" and no matter what you try the vent window seal will LOOK like it is too small to cover over the outer door skin and leave an air gap. CHECK THIS TAB. If the weld is broken you can use a self tapping screw to attach them back together, the screw wont interfere with any seals, the gap should be consistent all the way along where main window and vent window sits.
Yeah, I fixed that tab, the gasket that went in the wing window was too big, so I had to cut the vertical portion on the bottom and trim about 1/2" of the vertical portion off.

It also still leaks air... I can see daylight above the pivot point... Kind of tired of messing with it at this point.