Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 back up camera "unavailable"?

Old 04-12-2019, 02:36 PM
lsukevinc
Freshman User
lsukevinc is starting off with a positive reputation.
2016 back up camera "unavailable"?

the past few weeks almost every time i shift my truck into reverse, the screen turns blue and an error message pops up stating "camera unavailable" i tried to clean the connection between the camera and the wiring harness and it is still doing it. It seems to be the camera. Has anyone else had this issue? any other tricks to try to get it working again or only option is to replace the camera?

Old 04-12-2019, 02:52 PM
seville009
Postmaster
seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:58 PM
jr105
Senior User
jr105 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've had this happen intermittently when it's extremely cold. I had the dealer look at it and they just said they couldn't duplicate the problem.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:52 PM
onug
Donut Ninja
onug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jr105 View Post
I had the dealer look at it and they just said they couldn't duplicate the problem.
When Iím President, there will be a law that requires dealerships to hand you a $20 bill before saying this.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:06 AM
lsukevinc
Freshman User
lsukevinc is starting off with a positive reputation.
i found a wiring diagram online and i will verify it is grounded and getting power. I did unplug it at the tailgate and the big connection near the spare and all pins seemed to be fine. i sprayed some wd 40 and connected everything back an it did not work. This morning on the way to work it was working....go figure.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:02 AM
HiTechRedneck1
New User
HiTechRedneck1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Had the same issue and it was the tailgate connector. Used carb cleaner on the pins (WD40 is not the same) and then taped it good after I plugged it back in - no problems since for over a year.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Robbgt
Postmaster
Robbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lsukevinc View Post
i found a wiring diagram online and i will verify it is grounded and getting power. I did unplug it at the tailgate and the big connection near the spare and all pins seemed to be fine. i sprayed some wd 40 and connected everything back an it did not work. This morning on the way to work it was working....go figure.
Originally Posted by HiTechRedneck1 View Post
Had the same issue and it was the tailgate connector. Used carb cleaner on the pins (WD40 is not the same) and then taped it good after I plugged it back in - no problems since for over a year.
Recommend this over WD-40 or carb cleaner. Can get at most parts stores.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: