Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Multi Codes Determine which

Old 04-08-2019, 11:36 PM
Anthony Castrovinci
New User
Anthony Castrovinci is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Multi Codes Determine which

Hi,
I just purchased a 2008 6.4L F350 with 195K on it. Ihave no idea on the maint history. I am receiving the following following codes and have no boost at idle (giving gas) with some boost when I drive but the truck has no power at all. (it will sometimes go high)

P006B Map Exhaust Pressure Correlation
P0401 EGR flow Insufficient
P2263 Turbo Charger Boost Performance

So My question is where do I start? Is it DPF needing replacement? I don't know the last regen, plus no other codes are thrown for the DPF. Is the EGR tube clogged or EGR Valve? Just trying to figure out where to start since these codes cover multiple areas. Maybe this makes sense these three code when one thing goes wrong? Thanks!

Also as I know its illegal to delete, is it really that big of an issue the fuel wash down and everything else that goes with it or am I being scared into buying after market delete kit. I wonder what percentage has deleted vrs on the road legally.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Fefanatic
Elder User
Fefanatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Could be a bad ebp sensor. I googled the p006b code and there is a ton of info on it on different sites.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:38 PM
73fan
Elder User
73fan has a good reputation on FTE.73fan has a good reputation on FTE.
What does your EBP sensor read KOEO? The EBP and the MAP, as well as BARO should all read the same, or very close at KOEO, as all will be reading barometric pressure. This would be likely to set the turbo performance code.
Do you have an exhaust leak? If you had a leak in the up-pipes, it could actually set all three of those codes, because EBP would not increase sufficiently, causing poor turbo performance, as well as reducing the EGR flow.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:18 PM
Anthony Castrovinci
New User
Point on

Originally Posted by 73fan View Post
What does your EBP sensor read KOEO? The EBP and the MAP, as well as BARO should all read the same, or very close at KOEO, as all will be reading barometric pressure. This would be likely to set the turbo performance code.
Do you have an exhaust leak? If you had a leak in the up-pipes, it could actually set all three of those codes, because EBP would not increase sufficiently, causing poor turbo performance, as well as reducing the EGR flow.
You might be spot on as the truck stinks of exhaust smell, I mean stinks. Let me check that and see. Is there a certain spot these crack?

Old 04-11-2019, 01:12 PM
73fan
Elder User
Most likely place is the bellows or flex pieces, especially the one on top behind turbo that sends exhaust to the EGR coolers. These are especially prone to failing due to vibration if the EGR coolers have been removed. However, they can just crack at corners as well. Also, exhaust manifolds can warp and break bolts.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Anthony Castrovinci
New User
Soot

Well your correct in the cracked area. Have new up pipes coming and egr delete and dpf.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Anthony Castrovinci
New User
Soot

Well your correct in the cracked area. Have new up pipes coming and egr delete and dpf.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:16 PM
73fan
Elder User
Right on! Keep us posted on your progress in the repair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: