Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   Multi Codes Determine which (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1579114-multi-codes-determine-which.html)

Anthony Castrovinci 04-08-2019 11:36 PM

Multi Codes Determine which

Hi,
I just purchased a 2008 6.4L F350 with 195K on it. Ihave no idea on the maint history. I am receiving the following following codes and have no boost at idle (giving gas) with some boost when I drive but the truck has no power at all. (it will sometimes go high)

P006B Map Exhaust Pressure Correlation
P0401 EGR flow Insufficient
P2263 Turbo Charger Boost Performance

So My question is where do I start? Is it DPF needing replacement? I don't know the last regen, plus no other codes are thrown for the DPF. Is the EGR tube clogged or EGR Valve? Just trying to figure out where to start since these codes cover multiple areas. Maybe this makes sense these three code when one thing goes wrong? Thanks!

Also as I know its illegal to delete, is it really that big of an issue the fuel wash down and everything else that goes with it or am I being scared into buying after market delete kit. I wonder what percentage has deleted vrs on the road legally.

Fefanatic 04-09-2019 12:51 PM

Could be a bad ebp sensor. I googled the p006b code and there is a ton of info on it on different sites.

73fan 04-09-2019 01:38 PM

What does your EBP sensor read KOEO? The EBP and the MAP, as well as BARO should all read the same, or very close at KOEO, as all will be reading barometric pressure. This would be likely to set the turbo performance code.
Do you have an exhaust leak? If you had a leak in the up-pipes, it could actually set all three of those codes, because EBP would not increase sufficiently, causing poor turbo performance, as well as reducing the EGR flow.

Anthony Castrovinci 04-09-2019 07:18 PM

Point on

Originally Posted by 73fan (Post 18590817)
What does your EBP sensor read KOEO? The EBP and the MAP, as well as BARO should all read the same, or very close at KOEO, as all will be reading barometric pressure. This would be likely to set the turbo performance code.
Do you have an exhaust leak? If you had a leak in the up-pipes, it could actually set all three of those codes, because EBP would not increase sufficiently, causing poor turbo performance, as well as reducing the EGR flow.

You might be spot on as the truck stinks of exhaust smell, I mean stinks. Let me check that and see. Is there a certain spot these crack?

73fan 04-11-2019 01:12 PM

Most likely place is the bellows or flex pieces, especially the one on top behind turbo that sends exhaust to the EGR coolers. These are especially prone to failing due to vibration if the EGR coolers have been removed. However, they can just crack at corners as well. Also, exhaust manifolds can warp and break bolts.

Anthony Castrovinci 04-11-2019 02:36 PM

Soot

Well your correct in the cracked area. Have new up pipes coming and egr delete and dpf.

Anthony Castrovinci 04-11-2019 02:42 PM

Soot

Well your correct in the cracked area. Have new up pipes coming and egr delete and dpf.

73fan 04-11-2019 07:16 PM

Right on! Keep us posted on your progress in the repair.