6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

4wd problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 10:03 PM
OntarioRob
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4wd problems

Just looking to see if anyone has any solutions out there. 2014 f350 with 4wd problems sometimes it will come up saying that its shifting but it doesn't and other times it will go straight to check 4x4 with the wrench symbol. I pulled the transfer case shift motor off to check that it was free and not seized, powered it on the bench and it works as it should rotates back and forth as it should so its clearly not that as far as i can tell. Also the front hubs already toasted awhile ago so im running upgraded warn manual locking hub with the vacuum lines capped at the knuckles so there shouldn't be any problem there. Is there anything else I am missing? The wonderful world wide web only seems to want to return me searches about models older than 2011 and cant seem to find any current info about this issue regarding 2011-2014 that isnt related to the factory auto hubs failing. Has any one had to replace the shift switch on the dash yet curious to know what the symptoms where for that, or any other ideas or thoughts? i have heard about the older trucks having issues with the vacuum solenoid but cant seem to find any info regarding this model year. thanks

Old 04-05-2019, 10:24 AM
irly
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OntarioRob
Just looking to see if anyone has any solutions out there. 2014 f350 with 4wd problems sometimes it will come up saying that its shifting but it doesn't and other times it will go straight to check 4x4 with the wrench symbol. I pulled the transfer case shift motor off to check that it was free and not seized, powered it on the bench and it works as it should rotates back and forth as it should so its clearly not that as far as i can tell. Also the front hubs already toasted awhile ago so im running upgraded warn manual locking hub with the vacuum lines capped at the knuckles so there shouldn't be any problem there. Is there anything else I am missing? The wonderful world wide web only seems to want to return me searches about models older than 2011 and cant seem to find any current info about this issue regarding 2011-2014 that isnt related to the factory auto hubs failing. Has any one had to replace the shift switch on the dash yet curious to know what the symptoms where for that, or any other ideas or thoughts? i have heard about the older trucks having issues with the vacuum solenoid but cant seem to find any info regarding this model year. thanks
Hey my 2014 did exactly the same thing about a month ago, it would shift in sometimes and sometimes not, I would go from 4 wd to 2 wd and the screen would say that it was in 2 wd but it wasnt. Mine turned out to be the transfer case. Same thing we checked the motor and vacuum lines first but thats what it turned out to be